I just got back from vacation and was going to copy some of the photos from my phone to my computer when I spotted something in gallery. There was a new folder called "Media." Problem was, I've never seen it before. The other problem was, it had 542 photos in it. I found some that were at least 5-7 years old, some that I didn't even recognize. The details said that they were stored on my phone, not in the cloud. So I deleted all but about 10 photos. Now, 2 hours later, I check my gallery and it says that media folder has 110 pictures in it. The ones that I'd deleted are coming back. I had turned the cloud stuff off earlier. But some of these shots are YEARS old. Where are they coming from and how do I stop them? Lol.

EDIT: I just went and looked again. Now the count is 26 in that folder. Am I haunted? Lol
    06-04-2017 09:12 PM
    I'm not so sure about being haunted, unless they're those photos that you don't want anyone seeing. That could be bad.

Once the photos were sent to your phone, they are likely stored on the phone. I would check to see if one of your media apps recently updated (I just had an update to Google Photos) and set a sync to your online storage.
    06-05-2017 12:01 PM
    I think it had to have something to do with cloud sync. There were a lot of photos stored there. I deleted almost all the shots there then checked back later and they were reappearing. So I turned off the cloud. what got me was that some of those photos were at least 7-8 years old. I really don't like photos that I deleted years ago still floating around the internet when they weren't suppose to leave my phone.
    I saw the thread about cloud storage the other day where deleted photos from the phone were stored on the cloud for 15 days then deleted. but these photos are YEARS old. So.... why?
    06-05-2017 08:11 PM
    I saw a thread on that here on AC. I think that 15 day trash can wipe was for those using the Samsung Cloud. I'm fairly certain that Google is either 30 or 60 days.

I understand about wanting your deleted stuff to be truly gone. This might be a good reminder that nothing is ever really and completely deleted from the Internet.
    06-05-2017 08:24 PM
    like I said. I don't Mind Samsung storing my photos. but when I delete the photo from my phone, that means the photo is to be deleted everywhere. some of these photos that reappeared on my phone dated back more than 5 or more years ago and existed only on my phone for a matter of minutes. Back to the days of my Note 3. I would go out, do an inspection, take photos, email them to my work account so I could include them in my report and then delete them. No wonder my Samsung cloud is 2/3's full.
    06-06-2017 12:14 PM