I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Bell (Canada), running samsungs stock 7.0 and recently I have not been receiving notifications for most things (most notably gmail/inbox) until 8-10 hours after they have been sent, usually as soon as I plug my phone in to charge. I have checked sync settings for my accounts and they seem normal (none of the apps in question are set to sleep). Also, and I don't know if this is related, but installing/updating apps from the playstore gets stuck at "downloading: 100%", never actually beginning the installation process until I either plug the phone in, or restart it. Finally (and this is really strange) I can't seem to search manually for updates, I tap the menu option and nothing happens (the screen that says "searching for new updates" never appears).
    Now, as most of these issues are rectified by me plugging the phone in, I suspect Doze is being a little too aggressive when it comes to pinging for new notifications. So far I have tried reformatting the phone, as well as clearing the cache partition, with no luck each time, so I'm wondering if anyone has any other idea's I could try? I'm at a loss right now
    06-09-2017 07:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I just saw another post that's very similar, for the S7 on Verizon: https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ml#post5845475

Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27639
    06-10-2017 01:58 AM