07-28-2017 10:23 AM
29 12
tools
    IR blasters are only a "FAD" because OEM's stop producing phone with them. Some of us use them everyday.
    I wish they still made a phone with stylus and IR blaster.
    I still keep my Note 4 charged and running just to use it as a remote for my TV/Stereo/Cable box. I don't use it as a phone anymore but it's still a great remote.
    amyf27 likes this.
    07-15-2017 02:12 AM
    IR blasters are only a "FAD" because OEM's stop producing phones with them. Some of us use them everyday.
    I wish they still made a phone with stylus and IR blaster.
    It's just not worth it to waste my battery with an IR blaster when I could buy a 10$ universal remote that I'll maybe have to change batteries once or twice.
    amyf27 likes this.
    07-16-2017 09:07 PM
    I've had experience with Samsung Repair. It's a great option!! I paid $72 (rounding up because I can't remember the few change lol) for a battery replacement on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I got it back within a week & it's been great ever since. I get about 3-2 hours of SOT but, that's because this is an S6 & I'm a power user. So those don't really work together well lol. But, the battery has held up quite well. And I'm not so sure I'd trust a thrid party! I had my camera lens replaced and they completely messed my camera up. OIS no longer works consistently & when it does my phone vibrates from the camera sensor. It's horrible. So I've been looking into getting a spare phone so I can send this S6 in to Samsung to be repaired. Or I may take it to a service center since it's quicker.
    07-19-2017 09:09 AM
    While I have moved to the S8+, I still have my Note 5 and it's a great phone. To me is only lacks - (Hardware) S-Pen, Water Resistance & Removable Storage (Software) it's missing some minor stuff like AOD, Blue Filter and some other small bits.
    **for me the main thing I miss with the S8+ is having an S-pen since I use that feature daily** The Note 8 will be here soon
    Most current generation phone have gone to a sealed battery model (this seems particularly true with WR phones)
    Still a great phone.

Cheers,
    BR
    07-28-2017 10:23 AM
29 12