Should I buy this Note 5 still?

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey all!

I currently have a Droid Turbo 2. I really like it! But it's just starting to get too buggy for me and resetting it doesn't seem to do the trick. I believe it is certain apps just don't work well with it. Anyways, I was always a fan of the Note 5. I want to get a pre-owned refurbished one and I was wondering if it's still a good phones these days?

I need something with a battery that will get me 4 hours of on screen time, and not crash and restart at random times like my current Turbo 2. I also don't want to spend more than 250-275, and I could get one in excellent shape for that price. Please give me some input if you'd still buy this phone, or what you would suggest!

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: The Note 5 is a highly rated phone and with removable
battery, but I'm not sure if still can be Updated to Nougat
wait for other answers or inquire in your Network store

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
:cool: The Note 5 is a highly rated phone and with removable
battery, but I'm not sure if still can be Updated to Nougat
wait for other answers or inquire in your Network store

Note 5 doesn't have a removable battery. And note 5 is running nougat 7.0. Well mine is😁

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had the note 5 since a month after it came out. I think it is a great phone. Battery still last me thru the day. Stopped using it when I got the note7, but that got recalled so I tried 2 other phones but I couldn't stay away so I'm back on my note 5 til note 8 comes out. I would recommend it. Go for it.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for about 15 months and it is still a great phone. Worth it if you can get rather cheap.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The Note 5 is a fine phone if you don't mind lack of MHL, IR Blaster, replaceable battery, internal temperature monitor and flimsy stylus.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The Note 5 is a fine phone if you don't mind lack of MHL, IR Blaster, replaceable battery, internal temperature monitor and flimsy stylus.

NONE of that matters in real world use, especially business use! The fact that virtually all Samsung phones have sealed batteries makes it even more mute. Note 5 is an excellent phone, denigrated by the masses who fawned over the Note 7... but... which one survives? Get over bashing the Note 5! It's still performing very well. 😉

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
NONE of that matters in real world use, especially business use! The fact that virtually all Samsung phones have sealed batteries makes it even more mute. Note 5 is an excellent phone, denigrated by the masses who fawned over the Note 7... but... which one survives? Get over bashing the Note 5! It's still performing very well. ??????

Look, I've had all the Notes with the exception of the first.

It's hardly "bashing" to clinically point out the features Samsung deleted from what was a supposedly a workhorse phone. Explain to me how the 5 was an improvement over prior Notes.

Postscript: I use the Note 5 all the time to read books. I'm hardly ignorant of it's workings.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Look, I've had all the Notes with the exception of the first.

It's hardly "bashing" to clinically point out the features Samsung deleted from what was a supposedly a workhorse phone. Explain to me how the 5 was an improvement over prior Notes.

Postscript: I use the Note 5 all the time to read books. I'm hardly ignorant of it's workings.

Never said you were ignorant of the workings! You're just focusing on things that really mean little to the excellent performance of the Note 5. Since you're mentioning your Note experience... I've had the same cell number... 24 years! The Note 5 is an excellent phone. It's still running! The Note 7 was excellent... but flawed. The things you posted are not needed for hard business use.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why I'd need MHL, IR blaster is a fad, replaceable battery is nice but if it quick charges, that's really better. Internal temp is nice but still, I'm not rooting it so I won't have to worry about it overheating.

I need something that won't lag when I move from Google Chrome to my PayPal Here app back to Chrome while on the phone. I have a small business and I like the idea of the quick notes it offers with the stylus.

Can anyone show me some screen shots of your actual on screen time for battery life? My Turbo 2 claims two days of time, but I never got more than 4.5 hours, and I really don't need more than 4 especially since it quick charges.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
NONE of that matters in real world use, especially business use! The fact that virtually all Samsung phones have sealed batteries makes it even more mute. Note 5 is an excellent phone, denigrated by the masses who fawned over the Note 7... but... which one survives? Get over bashing the Note 5! It's still performing very well. ??????

So MHL doesn't matter in the real world? Even when you want to connect your phone to computer/monitor for a presentation in a courtroom or at a conference. The same with directing devices with infrared? Interesting.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
So MHL doesn't matter in the real world? Even when you want to connect your phone to computer/monitor for a presentation in a courtroom or at a conference. The same with directing devices with infrared? Interesting.

My MacBook Pro handles all the conference and business applications that I need it to do. The Note 5 64GB handles everything I need it to do. I don't see any problems with the Note 5 except for degrading battery but my extended warranty has handled all this. Sure, if I had my way, like many others, we'd want certain features in our phones. The Note 5 has been the best phone I've used to date.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I went ahead and purchased one so we will see how it works out! I'll hold onto my Droid for a bit just incase there's some problems.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I went with the Sapphire black 32gb for $240. It's in really good shape! I might just want to replace the battery since it's used. Any idea the cost ? I looked it up myself and I know I'd end up cracking the screen.. lol

I just can't justify spending $800 on a new phone, even with a payment plan. Most people take really good care of expensive phones like these, so I don't have any worries.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I picked one up on ebay last month when new ones were going for $175 shipped. One of the best purchases I ever made. Terrific phone!

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Sapphire black 32gb for $240. It's in really good shape! I might just want to replace the battery since it's used. Any idea the cost ? I looked it up myself and I know I'd end up cracking the screen.. lol

I just can't justify spending $800 on a new phone, even with a payment plan. Most people take really good care of expensive phones like these, so I don't have any worries.

I've read that battery replacement by Samsung costs somewhere in the $75 range, plus shipping. I've also read that Samsung won't do the battery replacement unless they determine that the existing battery is flawed or beyond its useful life. No first-hand experience there though. I'd contact Samsung and ask. You can set up the work on their site. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable having my Note opened up by a third-party repair place. If Samsung does it, then the work (and battery) should be warranted against premature failure and poor workmanship.

Please report back and let us know how it works out for you.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys!! I'm super happy to hear that this phone is still great. Im really excited to get my hands on it. I'll definitely scroll through the forum when I get it to learn some stuff. I'll definitely look into the battery replacement though considering the phones been used for two years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca