What is a Workhorse?

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I read about people demanding "workhorse" phones particularly in connection with the Note line.

Then I see them accepting sealed batteries (with decreasing sizes), no MHL, no IF blasters, a flimsy stylus with non-evolving software, indifferent speakers, etc.

I'm baffled. Make the phone thicker if need be. Increase the battery size. Add features that favor productivity. I guess I'm an outlier. I don't need need beta iris scanners or glass backs.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy my Note 5 and will likely enjoy the Note 8. I use mine often for work and everything else in between. It keeps up perfectly with everything I do and I'm happy with it. Battery isn't bad imo.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I read about people demanding "workhorse" phones particularly in connection with the Note line.

Then I see them accepting sealed batteries (with decreasing sizes), no MHL, no IF blasters, a flimsy stylus with non-evolving software, indifferent speakers, etc.

I'm baffled. Make the phone thicker if need be. Increase the battery size. Add features that favor productivity. I guess I'm an outlier. I don't need need beta iris scanners or glass backs.
This is a great comment. I also don't know why companies are so obsessed with trying to cram components into smallest device either. They need to relax and make phones bigger, not everyone is bothered about having the slimmest phone. It's ironic because when i got my super slim phone I was scared to go naked because how delicate it looked and immediately put it in a case. Give me more components, bigger battery at the expense of size.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
+100!

Build it like a tank, give it a decent replaceable battery and a decent camera. The camera doesn't have to be the best possible, just the best bang for the buck. How many of us would buy a Note designed like the Note 4?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Call out features from old phones but dismiss a new feature as not needed...

???

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Make them solid as a brick dunny, put in a huge battery, strip away all the fancy frills and give us a solid reliable device!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance