Quick question...what is "side sync"and why does it keep crashing? About every 20 minutes during the day. "Side Sync has crashed and will close. Report?" Sometimes 20 minutes later, same thing.
    07-23-2017 07:50 PM
    Not sure why it's crashing, but SideSync is the app that allows you to connect your phone to the same app/program in your computer and transfer files, share notifications, text capabilities, and share the keyboard and mirror your device's screen on your PC.

You should be able to uninstall it if you don't use it.
    07-23-2017 09:38 PM
    Done. we'll see what that does. Thank you.
    07-23-2017 10:10 PM
    Sidesync is excellent in concept but like Flow falls down in execution.

Ignore me. I'm vastly unhappy with Samsung at present. This too will pass.
    07-23-2017 10:31 PM
    I use it mostly when I'm on the computer and my phone is off somewhere charging undisturbed. Very useful. All your phone's functionality right on your PC screen. I even play my fav games like Wordfeud and Bubble Witch 2 while it's connected thru SideSync. Only time I had issues is when the app updated on my PC so I had to check for update on my phone.
    07-23-2017 11:02 PM
    Side Sync for Samsung users only (duh) is wonderful.
    It rendered AirDroid and Android File Transfer useless for me. 2 less apps on the phone!
    I can't speak about this app enough for all the times its been useful... to bad it crashed so often for you. Most think it's bloatware anyway.... May deleting it solved the issue. Peace
    07-24-2017 12:42 AM
    Sidesync is excellent in concept but like Flow falls down in execution.

Ignore me. I'm vastly unhappy with Samsung at present. This too will pass.
    I've very much enjoyed SideSync, tbh. Flow, yes, on paper is cool, but hasn't really delivered for me (it's way more hassle to take my phone out, enable everything, use the FPS just to log in to my computer than just typing in the PIN). But SideSync, it's been great for me! I can use my phone on my PC without even grabbing it or having it in the same room (as long as I'm in the same WiFi). File transfer is useful, too, but I mostly use it to share the screen on my computer. Bonus? You can have the phone 'on' all the time, but no battery drain from the screen
    07-24-2017 03:37 PM
    Side Sync all of a sudden made an appearance and started to get in the way. Didn't need it at the time, nor now. Finally disabled it and all's quiet for the moment. Don't know what made it come alive... 🙄
    07-25-2017 12:35 PM
    I've very much enjoyed SideSync, tbh. Flow, yes, on paper is cool, but hasn't really delivered for me (it's way more hassle to take my phone out, enable everything, use the FPS just to log in to my computer than just typing in the PIN). But SideSync, it's been great for me! I can use my phone on my PC without even grabbing it or having it in the same room (as long as I'm in the same WiFi). File transfer is useful, too, but I mostly use it to share the screen on my computer. Bonus? You can have the phone 'on' all the time, but no battery drain from the screen
    You're probably right. Flow is a nightmare and shouldn't be lumped in with Sidesync.
    07-25-2017 07:53 PM
    Interesting to see this come up. Just yesterday while connected to my car usb sidesync crash error would pop up every time music changed to the next song. I've never even turned on sidesync
    07-26-2017 02:28 AM
    Side Sync all of a sudden made an appearance and started to get in the way. Didn't need it at the time, nor now. Finally disabled it and all's quiet for the moment. Don't know what made it come alive...
    Check if any nearby computers or in the same WiFi might have been trying to establish a connection.
    07-26-2017 02:30 AM