How many Note 5 owners are waiting for Note 8

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
How many of you waiting for Note 8? Do you guys think there will be additional promotions for existing note 5 owners because of note 7 debacle?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am and no I don't think there will be additional promotions except for the what ever they offer for the note 8. If they do. I just want the note 8. It's been almost a year now. Time to move on. Samsung did all they could do for the former note 7 owners.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How many of you waiting for Note 8? Do you guys think there will be additional promotions for existing note 5 owners because of note 7 debacle?
No . I had note 7 through two recalls. Got no specials on the 7edge replacement and don't expect any on the Note 8. Still...very intrigued by what it'll be like

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was going to hold on to my Note 5 until I got it wet last week and now it's gone crazy. I'm really irritated because it was going to be paid off next month and I was going to enjoy the extra money in my pocket. Also I had insurance on it up until June when I decided to cancel the insurance because it was going to be paid off soon......... I have the worst luck ever.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
No...... Their promotions are pretty nice but I wouldn't care if we didn't get one.They are pretty generous anyway, I mean they don't have to give us anything And honestly why would they give Note 5 owners any additional promos? Note 7 owners are the ones who lost a great deal. That was a awesome phone and I had to turn in mine twice and I traded in my Note 5 to get the Note 7. After the 7 died I tried to get a Note 5 and they stopped production on those after what they had in stock ran out.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Oh I feel for you!! At least you had yours a while. I made a big mistake after the Note 7 fiasco and jumped ship to the LG V20 which was a nice phone but I had it 2 days and the lens cover over the camera shattered and they would not replace it. I had to wait from October of last year to May of this year to get it fixed. It took them 7 months to have this part available for repair. It did cost me $60 bucks to get it fixed but as soon as I did I jumped to the S8+. I had insurance but they didn't consider that defective parts. I am very careful with my phones and I was totally shocked when that happened!

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Here's another Not me. don't change phone easier, neither impressed with
new flagships,.but toBe honest - Hope this Note8 vindicate its name..?

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I am, not so, patiently waiting. My Note 5 (which I went back to after 2 Note 7s) appears to be on its last legs. I have to reboot a lot to get it to "straighten up". Can't wait!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Interested to see the knockoff of an S8+ with a smaller battery and an SPen. 🙄 I'm continuing to roll with my well running Note 5. 😊 Perfect size for me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am, not so, patiently waiting. My Note 5 (which I went back to after 2 Note 7s) appears to be on its last legs. I have to reboot a lot to get it to "straighten up". Can't wait!
What's wrong with it? I have had mine for 16 months and no issues. I am curious lol

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm stuck in the past. I just ordered another Note 5. It's the tall, skinny, form factor and the price that throws me. I'm a big S-Pen user and had problems with the Note 7's curved screen. This looks like the same problem only taller sticking out of my shirt pocket. I long for a Note 5 form factor with the upgraded innards and a micro-sd card.