Lost profile picture on outgoing text mesages

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Last week I did an update on my phone and it turn my phone into a brick. I had to do a factory reset and lost everything as I did not back it up, won’t do that again. I finally have everything back but I can not get my picture to show up next to my text messages. I am using Samsung Messenger, Android 7.0 on Verizon. I have my photo in my profile and it shows up in my contacts in my profile and also in my gmail just can’t get it on my text messages. There is not even a grayed out image next to my text messages, nothing just the text. Does anybody have any ideas how to get my profile picture back? I have tried just about everything I could think of and am out of ideas.
Thanks..........
Leo

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
Last week I did an update on my phone and it turn my phone into a brick. I had to do a factory reset and lost everything as I did not back it up, won’t do that again. I finally have everything back but I can not get my picture to show up next to my text messages. I am using Samsung Messenger, Android 7.0 on Verizon. I have my photo in my profile and it shows up in my contacts in my profile and also in my gmail just can’t get it on my text messages. There is not even a grayed out image next to my text messages, nothing just the text. Does anybody have any ideas how to get my profile picture back? I have tried just about everything I could think of and am out of ideas.
Thanks..........
Leo
I have the same Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon and am on Nougat 7.0 using Samsung's messaging app and I don't have a pic next to my outgoing text messages and don't remember seeing one.

leodgr81

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have always had my profile picture next to my outgoing text messages until I had to do the factory reset and everyone else's phone I know from a Note 3, S5, S7 and S8 has that feature working. It is very frustrating not being able to figure this out. Thanks...................

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I was using g+ contact photos for contacts in my address book (believe there was an option to automatically use the g+ photo) . That was broken after a recent update. Now I have to manually set each one individually. I'm not sure if this is related to what you are experiencing.

Jackisplay

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks..........
Leo

did you ever get a solution to this? my profile pic is gone in my messages but still in my contacts...any help would be appreciated...do not want to reset to factory....ty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae