How much is Note 5 worth these days? Need to buy one, is $250 good price for used one?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if I can find one for $250-$275 is that a good price for a gently used one?

Thanks.
:cool: I think is fair value..Taking in account Note-5 still has all

those important features that - We missed on the defunct

Note-7 : Now can't speak on New features included in

Note-8 'cause don't own-1: But $250 Goo get it..?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
How about S7 vs S6 Edge+ vs Note 5.
I guess S7 would be the most recent and most likely to keep getting updates, and possibly S6 Edge maybe will get another update or at least will run 7.1
Note 5, i doubt it will be getting any more updates.

Which one of these are easiest to root for custom roms down the line?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Which one of these are easiest to root for custom roms down the line?

The Note 5 wins here. Not all Note 5 carrier models can be rooted though so before buying one, find out which ones can be rooted. I have the T-Mobile version and it can be rooted and loaded with any custom ROM made for that version.

The S7 Edge models can be rooted but because the US models have a locked bootloader, custom ROMs can't be used. Also, don't expect 7.1. on the S7 Edge. Samsung skipped 6.1 for the S7 Edge and went right to 7.0 when it was released. Expect the same for the S7 Edge.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 wins here. Not all Note 5 carrier models can be rooted though so before buying one, find out which ones can be rooted. I have the T-Mobile version and it can be rooted and loaded with any custom ROM made for that version.

The S7 Edge models can be rooted but because the US models have a locked bootloader, custom ROMs can't be used. Also, don't expect 7.1. on the S7 Edge. Samsung skipped 6.1 for the S7 Edge and went right to 7.0 when it was released. Expect the same for the S7 Edge.

Thank you so much. I wasn't aware Note 5 T-Mo was rootable with custom rom, that's a huge plus, with a big downside of lack of MicroSD.
Same with S6 Edge+, right? (PS: I was referring to S6 Edge +, not S7 Edge) So contenders were S7, S6 Edge+, Note 5.
I belive S6 Edge+ and Note 5 are without SD slots, but S7 has it. Do you know if S7's are rootable/custom rommable?

PS: all of these will be T-Mo versions if I buy any one of these.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. I wasn't aware Note 5 T-Mo was rootable with custom rom, that's a huge plus, with a big downside of lack of MicroSD.
Same with S6 Edge+, right? (PS: I was referring to S6 Edge +, not S7 Edge) So contenders were S7, S6 Edge+, Note 5.
I belive S6 Edge+ and Note 5 are without SD slots, but S7 has it. Do you know if S7's are rootable/custom rommable?

PS: all of these will be T-Mo versions if I buy any one of these.

I was talking about the S7/S7 Edge above. The US versions are bootable but the bootloaders are locked so you can not load any custom ROMs onto them.