latest monthly security patch won't push to phone

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I apologize in advance for the book.

I recently fired up my trusty AT&T Note 5 after packing it away in a drawer due to purchasing a BlackBerry KEYone back in June.

Anyway, I factory reset the device and took a day to set it up the way I previously had it. Plan to use as a backup device now.

After all the setting up and configuring, I decide to see if there's an update or two since the device is on June's update. The July update pushed to the phone then after entering my encryption password, the phone just sat frozen with the encrypt unlock animation rotating for a half hour until I shut down and had to factory reset again.

After setting up the device again, I check for the August update and it's not available. It is out for the device but no matter how many times I check, it keeps saying software is current. Date was forwarded 24 hours every time I checked.

About two hours of calls to AT&T tech support got nowhere. They tried to push the update to my phone numerous times but I never received it. Now they have zero clue. They physically told me to visit one of those ghetto cell phone stores that flash phones to see if they can get it to work. Yeah, OK.

Can't take it to an AT&T corporate store to flash the update because they got rid of the tech guys at those stores just like the got rid of the Samsung tech people at Best Buy.

So, I'm at a loss and was wondering if anyone has any input as to how I should proceed?

TL;DR - My phone is F'ed up.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Try SmartSwitch.

If that doesn't work, download the firmwsre image from Sammobile and flash it yourself. Should take around 30min.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Try SmartSwitch.

If that doesn't work, download the firmwsre image from Sammobile and flash it yourself. Should take around 30min.

You know, I didn't even think of SmartSwitch. I'll give it a shot and if that doesn't work, I'll check out the other route you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12