Okay, I recently (max a month and a half ago) bought my Note5 off of my Sprint contract so I didn't have to pay to lease another phone. I now know that was a mistake, but I can't fix that now.
    I'd like to start this, with the fact that my phone is in perfect condition. No cracks, scuffs, no previous issues. It has been in a case with a screen protector since the moment I got it.
    October 27th my phone got an update, giving me the galaxy 8 system basically. My phone restarted a couple times, but I wasn't really alarmed by it because it just did an update and I'm not super knowledgeable about phones. So I get the update, I'm excited, and everything quickly started to go wrong. I started getting the pop-up notifications that an app had crashed, but it wasn't an app that I had ever opened. So I'd be on Pokemon Go, and I'd get multiple pop-up that chrome stopped, Samsung pay stopped, Samsung+ stopped, etc. Most of the apps, I hadn't ever even opened. While all of that was going on, every app that wasn't my contacts, text messages, and phone was kicking me off after about 30 seconds. I had my phone on the charger literally all day and my phone was on 7% around noon. It's like my phone is opening every app I have at the same time.
    Long story short, I called Sprint multiple times, went into the store, and called Samsung multiple times. The store told my to factory reset the phone, I did that, still does the same thing. Sprint told me that it's Samsung's problem, because the update caused the issues. Samsung told me that I'd have to send it in and pay for the repairs, because it's over the one year warranty, even though it was their update that destroyed my phone. During my last, exhausting call with Sprint, my phone got stuck in a boot loop, but has since stopped.
    For obvious reasons, I can't be without a phone for a month while they fix it, on top of the fact that I'm not even sure how much it would cost to fix.
    So, I am typing this from the Note8. I haven't been able to find anything about this issue anywhere. I'm wondering if there is some way that I can fix this. Or if there is some way to convince Samsung to deal with their own issue. I understand that it's out of warranty, but I didn't ask for the update and I have absolutely no doubt that is what messed up my phone.
    10-29-2017 01:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's worth trying to reinstall the firmware using Smart Switch, since it's possible the firmware got corrupted during the initial update: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914. Also, see if the problems happen in Safe Mode, since it's possible that some 3rd party app you installed might be incompatible with the system update, and is therefore causing instability: https://support.sprint.com/support/t...-dvc9400001prd
    10-29-2017 06:38 PM
    I did try to run it in safe mode after I posted this and I'm still having the same issues. I downloaded smart switch, but I can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the firmware. It looks like I should have an emergency software recovery and initialization option, but it's only emergency software recovery and I can't do anything in that window.
    10-31-2017 03:32 PM
    See if this video helps:

11-01-2017 01:01 AM