I just ran root checker on my note 5 and it says "sorry! Root access is not properly installed on rhis device." I have never unrooted my phone. How would this happen? Someone would need access to my phone to do this, right? Is my girlfriend running a spy app on my phone? Where do I need to search for a spy app? Is there a way to know a date for when this happened? I'm not a tech person. I'm clueless about any of this. Thanks.
    11-25-2017 01:55 PM
    I think you are reading that backwards.

What it is telling you is that your phone has never been rooted - all Android phones, by default, are "unrooted" - you must take specific steps to enable root access.
    11-25-2017 02:33 PM
    I'm not sure, but when I run Root checker it says in red letters "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device."
    11-25-2017 03:15 PM
    I'm not sure, but when I run Root checker it says in red letters "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device."
    As N4newbie tried to tell you that message indicates your phone is at the factory condition regarding root. Nobody has "unrooted" it. If it was rooted it would mean someone had taken the necessary steps to gain access to the root area. Not sure why you are running root checker on it since you evidently have no idea what it means for a phone to be rooted anyway. Your phone is fine. Probably 99% of Android phones would give the exact same message if you ran root checker on them, including the one I'm typing this reply on.
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-27-2017 01:58 AM