Galaxy Note 5 lag

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Verizon model with 32GB of storage. On average there is about 1 gig of RAM free. My phone does have the Exynos processor according to geekbench. This started to be noticeable ever since I installed Nougat. I wish I hadn't done that. My battery life isn't great either. The phone has suffered falls and the camera is broken, but that shouldn't affect phone performance. I've factory reset it to no avail.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The age of the phone is also a factor. Since the phone is now over 2 years old, the battery is deteriorating. Possibly to a point that it can't keep up with energy demand, hence slowdowns and lag.

Raider Fly

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I didn't see what you said about the lag part. My bad. I can still crank out 12 hours with light use, but with a phone of this caliber that's stupid.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I didn't see what you said about the lag part. My bad. I can still crank out 12 hours with light use, but with a phone of this caliber that's stupid.
12hrs with light use just shows how bad the battery is becoming. Batteries typically last only for 2 years unless you know how to specifically take care of them to last beyond that.

Also your reasoning as to that a phone of that caliber makes that reason stupid just shows you don't understand. To perform better and have no lags, more power is needed. If the battery can't provide the power needed to run the CPU, then it will stutter. Being a flagship phone has nothing to do with it. The technology is the same whether you're using a lower end device or a higher end one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
RAM has nothing to do with it either - if Android needs more RAM it just kills an app that's not in the foreground (UIW, one you don't see at the moment).

But that's one reason I'm looking for a Note 4 at the moment - I refuse to pay someone $60 to replace a $10 battery.

(Recharge the battery by the time it gets down to 40%, stop charging it when it gets to 90%, for longest life. Drain it almost to 0 every charge cycle for a very short lifespan.)