I am using a Note 5 so I have no SD card. I take a pic, edit it and save it, yet I can't share it anymore either.

Also when I go to view it, it's a black screen. I swipe to see all pics in my gallery and all are showing up as blank black screen.

If I do a slideshow, I can see all my pics though.

Also, If I take a pic in high res, sometimes it will show up in low res. This used not to happen.

I see a particular pic, I click on camera pics, where I can see all pics and then I have to click on a particular pis to select it. I can no longer scroll left or right to see all pics.

Any idea? I thought maybe I accidentally hit a wrong setting somewhere.

Thanks in advance.
    02-03-2018 05:21 PM
    Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to uninstall the gallery update in the gallery settings. Thank goodness that fixed it. What kind of update was that to screw up our phones?
    02-03-2018 05:35 PM
    Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to uninstall the gallery update in the gallery settings. Thank goodness that fixed it. What kind of update was that to screw up our phones?
    A Cache Partition wipe or other similar procedure might have fixed it but I'll move the thread to the Note 5 forum, where other users may wish to comment.
    02-03-2018 06:31 PM
    I've been having that same issue for a week or so now - Note 5 user, so no SD card.

At first, I noticed photos in the gallery looked low resolution when being viewed. Now some thumbnails are missing - and any picture I open the image portion is entirely black, but all the buttons to share, edit, etc. are fine. If I open the images in another app like google photos, or export them to view on my PC, they are fine.

I saw your fix here and I was able to do it too and it fixed things! I just wanted to say thank you for this thread, it was driving me crazy.

To reiterate - use the settings menu in the gallery app, keep poking it until you find the 'uninstall updates' option. Immediately fixed 100% of the issues.
    Jessica Smith likes this.
    02-06-2018 02:00 PM
    I've been having that same issue for a week or so now - Note 5 user, so no SD card.

At first, I noticed photos in the gallery looked low resolution when being viewed. Now some thumbnails are missing - and any picture I open the image portion is entirely black, but all the buttons to share, edit, etc. are fine. If I open the images in another app like google photos, or export them to view on my PC, they are fine.

I saw your fix here and I was able to do it too and it fixed things! I just wanted to say thank you for this thread, it was driving me crazy.

To reiterate - use the settings menu in the gallery app, keep poking it until you find the 'uninstall updates' option. Immediately fixed 100% of the issues.
    Glad you were able to fix. I thought maybe I broke my phone somehow. What I don't understand is why an update like that screws up your phone.
    02-06-2018 06:25 PM

I'm new here and having trouble finding the fix. What was the way to uninstall updates in gallery app? My phone is through Verizon and I don't see the uninstall updates in the settings menu.
    02-10-2018 10:23 AM

I'm new here and having trouble finding the fix. What was the way to uninstall updates in gallery app? My phone is through Verizon and I don't see the uninstall updates in the settings menu.
    02-10-2018 10:28 AM
    The newest update from the "galaxy apps" has fixed this issue for me
    02-12-2018 03:31 PM
    Galaxy Note5 Some thumbnail pics showing as grayed out & some pictures showing as blacked out.
    I went to: Gallery >Settings >About Gallery >click on update.
    Updated Gallery app there and problem solved.
    05-25-2018 10:23 PM