I just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (verizon). It keeps showing me "unable to connect. Check wifi or data connections". I always have one or both ON so I don't know why I get the message. It will open very few webpages (It'll open Gmail). Although my old Verizon LG G3 still connects to everything with no problem. So it must be a Samsung Note 5 issue? I've done a network reset, I reset my router (linksys), I've been back to the Verizon store for help each day since buying the phone but it works fine while there so they can't see what I'm complaining about. What should I try next? Or should I just demand a replacement Note 5? Thanks in advance.
    02-25-2018 12:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using it on Verizon, on a different carrier, or as a wi-fi only device?
    02-25-2018 06:23 PM
    I bought it at the verizon store to use on verizon as a smartphone and will use both wifi and data if I can ever get if to actually work as more than just a plain phone for calls. Its way too expensive to just be an ordinary phone so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix it. I think I may go back to Verizon and demand a replacement since they haven't been able to fix it either yet.
    02-25-2018 07:22 PM
    Have you tried it on other wi-fi networks as well? When you first used the phone, did you have to go through the whole Setup Wizard, or did it go straight to a homescreen?
    02-25-2018 07:58 PM
    I did not set up the phone. The Verizon store employee did it, so I don't know if he used the Setup Wizard or if it went straight to a homescreen. I've only tried to use the phone on my home wifi and on the Verizon store's wifi. It seems to work fine on the store's wifi. My old LG G3 smartphone (verizon) and my home pc are both using the same wifi and data without a problem. So it has to be something wrong with the Samsung.
    02-26-2018 05:38 AM
    What happens if you turn off wi-fi on the phone -- can it access Verizon's mobile data without problem? If not, bring the phone back to Verizon and ask them to fix it -- perhaps they didn't provision it properly.
    02-26-2018 01:15 PM