Hello all,

I would like to share my experiences with the Samsung repair service, and hopefully receive some feedback on the situation. Recently, I encountered an issue on my Note 5 whereby the touch screen stopped reacting to touch input but the S pen could still work.

Therefore, I brought my phone to Samsung Service to get it checked and see if they can repair it. After leaving the phone with them for 3 days, Samsung contacted me back quoting a $700 repair fee for replacement of the LCD screen, the motherboard, and the back cover of the phone. Since the original issue I encountered was the unresponsive touch screen, I was confused as to why there is a need to replace the back cover. As it turns out, while attempting to remove the back cover, Samsung had caused peel damage to it (see attached picture).

The most frustrating part is that they still want to charge me for the damaged back cover, even though it was not damaged at all when I had given it to them and they had caused all the damage. So, I told them I do not wish to fix the phone anymore, but they will return me a phone that is worse off than the one I gave to them. In order to fix the back screen alone, they will charge me $152.10.

Anyone else has encountered a similar experience with Samsung Service? Please advice me on what I can do as a consumer. Is it fair for them to charge me for something that is their fault?

TLDR: I went to Samsung Service to service my Note 5 for unresponsive touch screen, but they broke my back screen instead and wants to charge me for the repair of the damage they caused.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung service damaged my Note 5 and charge me for their damages-photo_2018-04-12_15-46-48.jpg  
    04-12-2018 03:57 AM
    I've never sent a phone to Samsung for repair, but we've had similar stories here before. Charging for repairs that aren't necessary, charging for damage they caused, charging, then returning a phone that still has the same problem.

About the only thing I can suggest, assuming that you still have all correspondence with them, is to speak to an attorney and see if it pays to sue. (Unless the attorney can include his fee in the suit, it probably doesn't - which is why it's so important to have a good relationship with a good local repair shop.)
    04-12-2018 03:25 PM
    $700? To repair a Note 5?!?! I can't recall but much did the phone cost new. I'm so disappointed to read this as I want to believe Samsung's corporate repair shops are good in the event that I may one day need anything. Very disheartening to read your encounter.
    04-12-2018 05:12 PM
    Just buy a new Note 5 on ebay for about $400 to $500 depending who you buy from.
    04-15-2018 09:42 PM
    $700? To repair a Note 5?!?! I can't recall but much did the phone cost new. I'm so disappointed to read this as I want to believe Samsung's corporate repair shops are good in the event that I may one day need anything. Very disheartening to read your encounter.
    The repair shops really are just local shops that are authorized by Samsung. You can bypass them and mail Samsung themselves, and they'll contact the shop
    04-15-2018 09:45 PM