Galaxy Note 5 Custom Notification Sounds

marftarf

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
Before referencing a thread explaining how to do this, understand that I've done a lot of looking and all of the guides are referencing menu options that do not exist on my Note 5. I have the file on my phone that I'd like to use, however, there is absolutely no option to look for a file under notifications or under the messaging app. Opening the phone on my computer doesn't show the directories I'm suppose to be looking for and thus can't dump the file into.

Am I missing something, or did Verizon COMPLETELY castrate my phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In Oreo, there are no more "by-contact" notification tones in texts, just one tone for texts. If you're running an earlier version of Messages, and can find where to select tones for contacts in Messages, and you want to add in custom notification tones, just go to internal storage, create a folder named Notifications (case matters) and put the .mp3 files in there. (Then restart the phone.)

If you're asking how to get by-contact tones in the new Messenger, you can use SMS Popup. And I believe there's a version of Samsung Messenger you can download. Try https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...-messages/samsung-messages-5-0-21-18-release/.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza