GPS Not Working Properly

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am about completely at my wits end...

The GPS in my Note 5 is completely messed up!

It has gotten to the point where 9 times out 10 when I try to use Google Maps, it thinks that I am either in a couple different city or state.

The other day I was attempting to get directions to a store that was 20 miles away from my home, and because of the messed up GPS, the Google Maps thought that I was in a different state.

Additionally, the GPS problem is not just limited to Google Maps. A couple of days ago when I opened the a Weather app (Fox 5 Weather App), the weather app thought that I was in a city a couple of states away.

As for trying to fix it, I have tried just about everything. I have toggled off and on the Location setting, toggled off and on the WiFi, and toggled off and on the Airplane Mode.

I have also tried rebooting my phone

Recently when I really need the GPS to work, I try all of the methods above multiple times.

The methods above used to work to reset the GPS, after a few tries, but recently none of the methods seem to be working.

As I mentioned, I am at my wits end. I am planning on replacing my Samsung Note 5 with the new Samsung Note 9, when I have the money to do so, but until then, I was wondering if any of you might have any ideas for me on anything I might be able to do to get the GPS in this Note 5 to work at least a little better.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

mdZX

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Have you deleted the Google Map App and reinstalled it? Just guessing? I use a Note 5 also and Google maps is quirky for me too, but, not near as bad as you're saying! Good luck!

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
On the Galaxy S7 Edge, I had an issue with accuracy in the GPS: the phone would show me as much as a mile and a half off my actual location in the map. Driving down a well-known highway my blue dot had me plowing through nearby fields and bodies of water. Amusing, but not very helpful when trying to navigate an unknown route.

I installed an app called GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim which seems to fix the issue. It runs in the background unless you specifically deal it up but in the two years I've been using GPS since installing, I've had serious issues with the phone being off-track.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463