Phone was working flawlessly but not used since Dec 2018 due to new S8. I turned it on yesterday and it powers up fine but wont take a charge. I tried different cables, chargers and charge pads. Even did a factory reset. When I plug it into my laptop it makes a popping noise from the pc speakers and wont connect. I also tried another battery.
    I noticed the bottom right corner of the screen is delamination that was not there before.
    Could this be a bad charge port? Anyone have a wiring schematic for the phone so I can see if I have a short in the port. It's weird cause the phone worked perfect. No drops or liquid damage.
    02-08-2019 05:59 AM
    Did you already make sure the port is clear of any debris (by using a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a toothpick to root around)? Although I'm not sure how a bad port would also affect wireless charging.
    02-08-2019 02:36 PM
    I have a USB volt/amp meter and it says the phone is drawing 2.45A without even a battery in it. I noticed the heatsink near the camera is getting warm. From what I can tell thats where the phones charging IC is located so I am assuming that may be shorted out. Bummer. The part is like $5.00 but I dont thing I have the skillz to do it.
    I wonder if anyone has a phone with a bad LCD that would part with the mainboard?
    02-08-2019 06:54 PM
    Also I cannot post in the for sale thread. What is required to place an add for a used mainboard/phone? Thanks
    02-08-2019 07:00 PM
    I have used some CRC Electronics spray cleaner on my charging port and earphone jack when I couldn't get a good connection. Its non-conductive so it won't hurt or short anything out. I shut the phone off anyways and allowed a minute or two for it to evaporate. It solved my charging issues for me.
    02-08-2019 07:54 PM
    I need a few more posts so I can inquire about a used Note 5 for parts thanks.
    02-09-2019 09:24 AM
    Bump this up to increase my post count. Also if anyone has a mainboard for a note 5 for sale thanks
    02-09-2019 05:41 PM