Hello!
    need some help with my note 5. dropped it a few weeks ago and the display broke. got a new screen and replaced the broken one. now when i try to turn it on, after i see the note 5 logo the screen goes black and there is no display. BUT the screen is responsive as i can hear the sounds of me pressing stuff i cant see and there is back light. its just black screen.
    any help will be appreciated!
    08-03-2019 08:24 AM
    Hello!
    need some help with my note 5. dropped it a few weeks ago and the display broke. got a new screen and replaced the broken one. now when i try to turn it on, after i see the note 5 logo the screen goes black and there is no display. BUT the screen is responsive as i can hear the sounds of me pressing stuff i cant see and there is back light. its just black screen.
    any help will be appreciated!
    Hi, did you replace just the glass or the digitalizer also?
    Who did the work?
    08-03-2019 10:19 AM
    Hi, did you replace just the glass or the digitalizer also?
    Who did the work?
    hi mustang. i did the work. replaced both screen and digitalizer. thing is that the screen does work. i can see the splash screen and the boot menu.
    08-03-2019 11:00 AM
    hi mustang. i did the work. replaced both screen and digitalizer. thing is that the screen does work. i can see the splash screen and the boot menu.
    Maybe something left loose? , might have reopened and if that checks out ok might be the screen and digitalizar are not good quality.
    08-03-2019 11:07 AM
    Maybe something left loose? , might have reopened and if that checks out ok might be the screen and digitalizar are not good quality.
    the screen is definitely low quality. its not loose connections, i have checked every connection. is there a way to connect the phone to my pc and adjust the settings? maybe the resolution setting is off. i found a post on xda from a guy with the same problem but no one answered him, he said that after he installed a new screen the resolution was off so he went to resolution settings and created the same problem i have.
    08-03-2019 11:16 AM
    the screen is definitely low quality. its not loose connections, i have checked every connection. is there a way to connect the phone to my pc and adjust the settings? maybe the resolution setting is off. i found a post on xda from a guy with the same problem but no one answered him, he said that after he installed a new screen the resolution was off so he went to resolution settings and created the same problem i have.
    I'm not sure with adjusting screen resolution through computer, I would think you need equipment like a engineer . If you cant find anymore info on xda forums , then I would suggest taking to repair center so they can have a look .
    08-03-2019 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure with adjusting screen resolution through computer, I would think you need equipment like a engineer . If you cant find anymore info on xda forums , then I would suggest taking to repair center so they can have a look .
    ok, thanks man!
    08-03-2019 11:26 AM
    ok, thanks man!
    Your welcome!
    Good luck ..
    08-03-2019 11:31 AM