10-08-2016 11:41 PM
440 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Has Samsung thrown in a coupon with the Note 7 for their own site? In the past, I'd find a coupon code accompanying Samsung products and apply it to a 1st party case.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough. My Note 7 is slated for delivery for today. Just a little impatient to get something to protect as soon as possible.
    08-19-2016 08:50 AM
    Has Samsung thrown in a coupon with the Note 7 for their own site? In the past, I'd find a coupon code accompanying Samsung products and apply it to a 1st party case.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough. My Note 7 is slated for delivery for today. Just a little impatient to get something to protect as soon as possible.
    I did not see one in the box yesterday.
    08-19-2016 12:58 PM
    I got a 30% off after doing the setup on my Note 7.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    08-19-2016 01:52 PM
    Just picked this Defender style case up at ATT. Great case and it actually protects the sides of the phone while at the same time the edge screen is still fully functional. doesn't have a screen protector.

Otherwise I recommend buying this case. I will probably pick up a Defender when it comes out but if I don't like the screen protector with it I'll just go back to this case.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=kWYaCH3_
    08-19-2016 02:06 PM

Spigen Ultra Hybrid case. It's fantastic
    08-19-2016 02:40 PM
    Just put on the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal clear case on my Note 7, looks great!

I think I'll get the Ultra Hybrid clear case next.
    08-19-2016 03:29 PM

Nope, didn't get a coupon after I registered.
    08-19-2016 03:30 PM
    I got a 30% off after doing the setup on my Note 7.
    Was that in an email? I set mine up yesterday and didn't get anything.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    08-19-2016 03:57 PM
    Was that in an email? I set mine up yesterday and didn't get anything.
    I got a similar offer. It was an email for 30% of a purchase over 69.99 at the online store.
    08-19-2016 07:04 PM
    I'm seeing many Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases on amazon (although most of them note that they will be in stock only in the beginning of august). Its a bit surprising to see so many cases out so early.

for now I'm going to go for the Spigen Rugged Armor Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Case. I have used this case on several other devices and It was good.
    Attachment 233310

What case are you planning to get?
    Got this case as well. But what I'm finding out I don't quite like is, if I rub my finger gently over the edge of the screen, the case pulls away from the screen.

Also doesn't seem to fully cover the edges completely.
    08-19-2016 08:31 PM
    Spigen cases.
    mpazevedo likes this.
    08-20-2016 03:06 AM
    I'm using Supcase Unicorn Beetle right now. I will say it does not protect the sides of the phone well. I will be getting the Defender as soon as it comes out. Until then I might order Iblason armorbox since it looks a little better on the sides. Otherwise I will have to wait for Defender or the Tech21 has a new type of case that is their version of Defender. Until then I'll have to keep looking on Amazon and see if the stores carry anything better.
    I got the iBlason case. It has me worried about the corner by the S-pen corner as it barely has any protection. The other corners are ok. Of the cases I have so far the Caseology Parrallax case has the most corner protection and highest lip on the top and bottom. As an added bonus it is not too thick and has a very nice soft texture on it. Buttons work nicely too. The iBlason has a more rugged look and has the kickstand. I have a few Orzly cases coming in a few weeks as well.
    08-20-2016 08:30 AM
    Am i missing something? Or does this not do the trick and no more worries about scratches or tempered glass?

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEFE...cUvbUpU5349044

Plus it is on sale. thanks lmk. 1 to 2 months sigh long wait
    08-20-2016 10:45 AM
    Just picked this Defender style case up at ATT. Great case and it actually protects the sides of the phone while at the same time the edge screen is still fully functional. doesn't have a screen protector.

Otherwise I recommend buying this case. I will probably pick up a Defender when it comes out but if I don't like the screen protector with it I'll just go back to this case.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=F_Bwchhn

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEFE...cUvbUpU5349047 this is the defender right?
    08-20-2016 10:46 AM
    Yea, that's the Defender.
    08-20-2016 11:48 AM
    I ordered a Speck candy shell grip from Speck's webite and I'm not very happy with it. Part of the speaker holes are covered (how is this acceptable), and the s-pen corner is left really unprotected.

I tried the Tech 21 case on at T-Mobile, but it doesn't fit the phone correctly at the bottom, so it wouldn't survive a face down drop from what I could tell. Store worker agreed and said that someone the first run of cases from Tech 21 don't fit properly.
    08-20-2016 01:11 PM
    I ordered a Speck candy shell grip from Speck's webite and I'm not very happy with it. Part of the speaker holes are covered (how is this acceptable), and the s-pen corner is left really unprotected.

I tried the Tech 21 case on at T-Mobile, but it doesn't fit the phone correctly at the bottom, so it wouldn't survive a face down drop from what I could tell. Store worker agreed and said that someone the first run of cases from Tech 21 don't fit properly.
    Which Tech21? I bought the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT which is their new version of a Defender and the phone fits in it great and is protected on all sides. I assume you got one of their thin cases.
    08-20-2016 01:16 PM
    Am i missing something? Or does this not do the trick and no more worries about scratches or tempered glass?

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEFE...cUvbUpU5349472

Plus it is on sale. thanks lmk. 1 to 2 months sigh long wait
    It will be out sooner than that. I'm thinking in a couple weeks. Otterbox said more info soon to me. IT's a hard type plastic so lets hope it's responsive to the spen and touch.
    BustA Groove likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:17 PM
    Which Tech21? I bought the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT which is their new version of a Defender and the phone fits in it great and is protected on all sides. I assume you got one of their thin cases.
    I also just picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for the Note 7, thanks to your post Blues Fan. I swung by ATT after seeing your post. I pre-ordered the Otterbox Defender on Amazon because that is my trusted "go to" case for all my phones, but I just can't have my new Note 7 go naked in the interim. I agree that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT seems like the next best substitute for the Otterbox Defender. My Tech 21 fits perfectly and looks like it will protect it just fine. The lip extends enough over the screen and edges, so I don't foresee any protection issues. I've never liked the built-in screen protector on the Otterbox Defenders (always removed them with a hairdryer and replaced with tempered glass screen protectors on prior phones). So in a way, the Tech 21 version might be a good substitute. I prefer the more grippy hand feel of the Defender over the Tech 21, so I still want the Defender for sure. But for now, this Tech 21 case fits the bill for me. Just wish it came in more colors (ATT store only had black) other than black and purple.
    08-20-2016 04:07 PM
    I also just picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for the Note 7, thanks to your post Blues Fan. I swung by ATT after seeing your post. I pre-ordered the Otterbox Defender on Amazon because that is my trusted "go to" case for all my phones, but I just can't have my new Note 7 go naked in the interim. I agree that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT seems like the next best substitute for the Otterbox Defender. My Tech 21 fits perfectly and looks like it will protect it just fine. The lip extends enough over the screen and edges, so I don't foresee any protection issues. I've never liked the built-in screen protector on the Otterbox Defenders (always removed them with a hairdryer and replaced with tempered glass screen protectors on prior phones). So in a way, the Tech 21 version might be a good substitute. I prefer the more grippy hand feel of the Defender over the Tech 21, so I still want the Defender for sure. But for now, this Tech 21 case fits the bill for me. Just wish it came in more colors (ATT store only had black) other than black and purple.
    So, do you have a screen protector on yours with the Tech21?
    08-21-2016 12:19 AM
    No screen protector on mine with the Tech 21 Evo Tactical. I'm waiting for my Defender and need to see how that built looks and feels before putting any separate screen protector on. I usually hate the Otterbox built in screen protectors, but the stock pictures make it look like sturdier plastic. But I could be wrong and it could very well be the flimsy, ill fitting built in screen protector. Won't know til I have the Defender in hand.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-21-2016 12:28 AM
    Like a genous that i am, didnt think to order cases while waiting for the note 7 to arrive. Ended up getting this from Bestbuy "temporarily" i hope.
    https://amzn.com/B01IHPVWGA

i like that the buttons are separated from the plastic. Looking for something similar (clear) with a smaller price tag.
    08-21-2016 01:53 AM
    I plan to get the LED cover. It looks really cool in my opinion. Its got a pocket where you can put IDs and other things while also providing full-body protection.
    hazmat47 likes this.
    08-21-2016 09:36 AM
    Anybody try the Clear Otterbox Symmetry?
    08-21-2016 10:02 AM
    Here's My Note 7 with UAG Ash color and Gadget Guard Screen protector on it with no Halo At all.

08-21-2016 10:10 AM
440 ... 1112131415 ...