10-08-2016 11:41 PM
440 ... 15161718
tools
    Wanted to add that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT for Note 7 works flawlessly with my Samsung Wireless Stand Charger (Fast charging). It was important to me that the fast, wireless charging worked, since I bought a few of these stand chargers.
    nonie likes this.
    09-23-2016 02:12 PM
    Wanted to add that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical for Note 7 works flawlessly with my Samsung Wireless Stand Charger (Fast charging). It was important to me that the fast, wireless charging worked, since I bought a few of these stand chargers.
    Can you post some pictures showing the phone in this case?
    09-23-2016 02:43 PM
    Can you post some pictures showing the phone in this case?
    Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT for Note 7--

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases-20160923_142433.jpg
    nonie likes this.
    09-23-2016 04:26 PM
    Anyone seen video of Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT case?
    I've been looking.
    09-23-2016 05:55 PM
    Anyone seen video of Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT case?
    I've been looking.
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9MM037E37mk
    09-23-2016 06:26 PM
    That's actually a different model. That's the Evo Frame case.
    nonie likes this.
    09-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Tech 21 Evo Tactical for Note 7--

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160923_142433.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	240423
    Does it cover the corners? Is it 2 pieces?
    I like that purple color.
    Thanks.
    09-23-2016 06:47 PM
    Does it cover the corners? Is it 2 pieces?
    I like that purple color.
    Thanks.
    Regarding the corners, are you asking if the curved edges are covered? The side lip is higher than the edges of the phone, which I like.

It is two pieces. The outer rubber shell is one piece, the plastic hard top frame is the second piece. Similar to the Supcase Beetle Pro case, minus the holster part. There is no bottom plastic hard frame like the Otterbox Defender, just the top part of the hard frame.
    09-23-2016 08:19 PM
    Thanks.
    09-23-2016 08:32 PM
    I have two cases now that I'm never going to use.
    09-24-2016 12:08 PM
    Bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro in gray/white to compare to the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT, since it is less than half the price of the Tactical XT. The Unicorn Beetle Pro is a great value, protective, looks and feels nice. Liking both cases and will test out both. However, I do prefer the higher, raised case edges on the Tactical XT and its supposed drop protection up to 13 ft. Here are pics of the Unicorn Beetle Pro--

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases-20160924_204539.jpg
    09-24-2016 10:52 PM
    Bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro in gray/white to compare to the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT, since it is less than half the price of the Tactical XT. The Unicorn Beetle Pro is a great value, protective, looks and feels nice. Liking both cases and will test out both. However, I do prefer the higher, raised case edges on the Tactical XT and its supposed drop protection up to 13 ft. Here are pics of the Unicorn Beetle Pro--

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160924_204539.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	240574
    Case looks good. Any pictures of the other case?
    09-25-2016 07:03 AM
    Case looks good. Any pictures of the other case?
    Check post #403.
    09-25-2016 07:10 AM
    Got it. Thanks.
    09-25-2016 07:28 AM
    Regarding the corners, are you asking if the curved edges are covered? The side lip is higher than the edges of the phone, which I like.

It is two pieces. The outer rubber shell is one piece, the plastic hard top frame is the second piece. Similar to the Supcase Beetle Pro case, minus the holster part. There is no bottom plastic hard frame like the Otterbox Defender, just the top part of the hard frame.
    What about the lip on the top/bottom that would prevent the screen from touching a surface when placed face down? It looks to be pretty flat.
    09-25-2016 05:32 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases-caseologybeigeleather.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases-caseologyredleather.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases-caseologymint.jpg

I prefer Caseology cases.
    09-25-2016 06:28 PM
    What about the lip on the top/bottom that would prevent the screen from touching a surface when placed face down? It looks to be pretty flat.
    I think the top and bottom are pretty raised, as are the sides protecting the screen. This case has the highest, raised sides I've seen on any of the Note 7 cases. Definitely more raised than the Beetle Pro on the sides. The top and bottom seem sufficiently high.
    ctychick likes this.
    09-25-2016 07:01 PM
    Galaxy Note 7 Waterproof Case | Ghostek® Atomic 3 Series

Here is what I ordered to try. Should be on it's way next week.
    Amele likes this.
    09-25-2016 07:35 PM
    I think the top and bottom are pretty raised, as are the sides protecting the screen. This case has the highest, raised sides I've seen on any of the Note 7 cases. Definitely more raised than the Beetle Pro on the sides. The top and bottom seem sufficiently high.
    IMHO all of the "rugged" cases offering superior protection have those raised lips to prevent any scratches when laying the phone screen down, one can actually see this in your photos. Thanks for those by the way, I have been eyeing the Tactical Evo XT by Tech 21, but the rather high price tag as well as the fact payment methods offered here in my country are a bit difficult for me.

So far I got the often quoted Unicorn Beetle Pro case since I got the phone and am really using it since I received my replacement phone (which is said to have a good battery now) last week. IMHO the case is pretty good for the price. It is bulky, yes but pretty sturdy. It is difficult getting the phone in for the first time and even more difficult getting it out of the case - however that ensures it stays in the case after a heavy drop. I am not sure though just how much protection it *really* offers, the rather hard rubber sidings aren't really thick and the hard back also won't offer much absorbtion from a heavy drop. For everything else it's just fine, I especially like the big opening for the S-Pen, very good access there, something which would concern me about the Tactical Evo XT, the opening there seems to be pretty small. The door covers by the way are a bit too stiff for my taste, but maybe they'll loosen up over time.

If you want a good bang for the buck and want a case for heavier protection, I think the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a very decent choice. Thanks to the two-piece construnction it also seems to be pretty screen protector friendly, not sure about thicker tempered glass ones though - my wet applied plastic film protector is fine.
    09-28-2016 04:30 AM

Be sure and let us know how good it is or not. 😉
    I'm wondering about the screen covering. How responsive the screen is through it.
    Thanks for link to it.
    09-28-2016 08:12 AM
    IMHO all of the "rugged" cases offering superior protection have those raised lips to prevent any scratches when laying the phone screen down, one can actually see this in your photos. Thanks for those by the way, I have been eyeing the Tactical Evo XT by Tech 21, but the rather high price tag as well as the fact payment methods offered here in my country are a bit difficult for me.

So far I got the often quoted Unicorn Beetle Pro case since I got the phone and am really using it since I received my replacement phone (which is said to have a good battery now) last week. IMHO the case is pretty good for the price. It is bulky, yes but pretty sturdy. It is difficult getting the phone in for the first time and even more difficult getting it out of the case - however that ensures it stays in the case after a heavy drop. I am not sure though just how much protection it *really* offers, the rather hard rubber sidings aren't really thick and the hard back also won't offer much absorbtion from a heavy drop. For everything else it's just fine, I especially like the big opening for the S-Pen, very good access there, something which would concern me about the Tactical Evo XT, the opening there seems to be pretty small. The door covers by the way are a bit too stiff for my taste, but maybe they'll loosen up over time.

If you want a good bang for the buck and want a case for heavier protection, I think the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a very decent choice. Thanks to the two-piece construnction it also seems to be pretty screen protector friendly, not sure about thicker tempered glass ones though - my wet applied plastic film protector is fine.
    I agree with you that the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a good case, especially for the price. Like you, I am concerned about the drop protection and shock absorption with the Unicorn Beetle Pro. The case itself seems very rigid and hard, which makes me think the impact of a drop will hit the phone hard. The Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT website description says this below, which makes me think it may be worth paying the higher price.

"Extreme drop protection. FlexShock™ is the world's most advanced impact protection material, absorbing and dissipating impact force and stopping that force from passing into your device. By integrating FlexShock™ into the design of the Evo Tactical XT, we can offer extreme impact protection from drops of 4m/ 13ft."
    09-28-2016 12:24 PM
    "Extreme drop protection. FlexShock™ is the world's most advanced impact protection material, absorbing and dissipating impact force and stopping that force from passing into your device. By integrating FlexShock™ into the design of the Evo Tactical XT, we can offer extreme impact protection from drops of 4m/ 13ft."
    Yeah it seems to be pretty soft, yet sturdy and the rippled inside should further help to absorb any force before getting on the phone itself. What are your thoughts regarding the opening for the S-Pen, is it still easy and comfortable to remove?
    09-28-2016 12:54 PM
    Yeah it seems to be pretty soft, yet sturdy and the rippled inside should further help to absorb any force before getting on the phone itself. What are your thoughts regarding the opening for the S-Pen, is it still easy and comfortable to remove?
    I do think the S-Pen might be hard to remove for larger hands/fingers, since the opening is small. I am fine using my thumb sideways to pop the S-Pen out.
    09-28-2016 03:12 PM

Please put up some pictures when you get the case in.
    09-29-2016 10:58 AM
    Interested in how the screen works on it.
    09-29-2016 11:21 AM
440 ... 15161718