Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting this. How can any cases be manufactured when no manufacturers have had the actual Note 7 in their hands?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had a spigen slim armor and otterbox defender for my last 3 phones. Haven't seen the slim armor on the spigen site or Amazon, so I'll probably go with the clear hybrid. I need a heavy duty case with belt clip for work, so otterbox has been my go to. They haven't announced when their case will be available so I'll have to go with a knock off until then. Spigen is by far the best slim case I've ever owned.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting this. How can any cases be manufactured when no manufacturers have had the actual Note 7 in their hands?
Phone makers alway send the final measurements of the phone to case makers. Sometimes they receive dummy versions of the phone. There was a leak video out where a person was testing an glass screen protector on the Prototype of the Note 7 Edge.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I have been seeing a lot of this type of chatter lately... "The Note 7 can't have gorilla glass 5, it was just announced a few days ago, and the n7 has been in production for at least a month." The answer is very easy, there are a lot of behind the scenes information sharing, and other types of sharing that goes on. In the case of the cases, Samsung released the specs and I'm told non-functional units to various case manufacturers weeks ago. In the case of Gorilla Glass, the PUBLIC announcement was likely held back, so that it could come close to the timing of the first device to use it. These things happen in business all the time. The world is far more complicated than we perceive it.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My clear Ringke FUSION case came in today (as well as some cables, chargers, and screen protectors). I immediately compared it with my iPhone 6+ (with and without the case) and Samsung Galaxy J7 (no case), and was very impressed by how much narrower it is. It's relatively minor, but the feeling difference is quite noticeable. Really looking to hopefully getting the phone next week.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Phone makers alway send the final measurements of the phone to case makers. Sometimes they receive dummy versions of the phone. There was a leak video out where a person was testing an glass screen protector on the Prototype of the Note 7 Edge.

I can accept that the info is sent in advance to companies like Spigen. But also to off-brand companies that sell their cases for $2.99 on eBay?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Those kickstands on the VRS cases will be a complete fail.
The Note 7 will be too long for this end mounted kickstand to work. The phone will flop over like the S7 Edge did with the Seidio Surface case. :-\
Just something to think about.
I have an Obliq case with a kickstand for my S7 edge and it works great. Doesn't fall over.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody come across a holster type case with a belt clip? I can never carry a phone, especially as large as a Note, in my pocket.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody come across a holster type case with a belt clip? I can never carry a phone, especially as large as a Note, in my pocket.
There is the Otter Box Defender. Or do what I do . I have my phone in a Neo-Hybrid case with the leather phone holster on my belt.

22363e3d11dde60fa7f21851aae51235.jpg

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame there isn't going to be a second speaker on the bottom. It seems like one could've been added near the 3.5mm jack?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney