Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Cases

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to add that the Tech 21 Evo Tactical for Note 7 works flawlessly with my Samsung Wireless Stand Charger (Fast charging). It was important to me that the fast, wireless charging worked, since I bought a few of these stand chargers.

Can you post some pictures showing the phone in this case?

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Does it cover the corners? Is it 2 pieces?
I like that purple color.
Thanks.

Regarding the corners, are you asking if the curved edges are covered? The side lip is higher than the edges of the phone, which I like.

It is two pieces. The outer rubber shell is one piece, the plastic hard top frame is the second piece. Similar to the Supcase Beetle Pro case, minus the holster part. There is no bottom plastic hard frame like the Otterbox Defender, just the top part of the hard frame.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro in gray/white to compare to the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT, since it is less than half the price of the Tactical XT. The Unicorn Beetle Pro is a great value, protective, looks and feels nice. Liking both cases and will test out both. However, I do prefer the higher, raised case edges on the Tactical XT and its supposed drop protection up to 13 ft. Here are pics of the Unicorn Beetle Pro--

20160924_204539.jpg

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro in gray/white to compare to the Tech 21 Evo Tactical XT, since it is less than half the price of the Tactical XT. The Unicorn Beetle Pro is a great value, protective, looks and feels nice. Liking both cases and will test out both. However, I do prefer the higher, raised case edges on the Tactical XT and its supposed drop protection up to 13 ft. Here are pics of the Unicorn Beetle Pro--

View attachment 240574
Case looks good. Any pictures of the other case?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the corners, are you asking if the curved edges are covered? The side lip is higher than the edges of the phone, which I like.

It is two pieces. The outer rubber shell is one piece, the plastic hard top frame is the second piece. Similar to the Supcase Beetle Pro case, minus the holster part. There is no bottom plastic hard frame like the Otterbox Defender, just the top part of the hard frame.

What about the lip on the top/bottom that would prevent the screen from touching a surface when placed face down? It looks to be pretty flat.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
What about the lip on the top/bottom that would prevent the screen from touching a surface when placed face down? It looks to be pretty flat.

I think the top and bottom are pretty raised, as are the sides protecting the screen. This case has the highest, raised sides I've seen on any of the Note 7 cases. Definitely more raised than the Beetle Pro on the sides. The top and bottom seem sufficiently high.

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I think the top and bottom are pretty raised, as are the sides protecting the screen. This case has the highest, raised sides I've seen on any of the Note 7 cases. Definitely more raised than the Beetle Pro on the sides. The top and bottom seem sufficiently high.

IMHO all of the "rugged" cases offering superior protection have those raised lips to prevent any scratches when laying the phone screen down, one can actually see this in your photos. Thanks for those by the way, I have been eyeing the Tactical Evo XT by Tech 21, but the rather high price tag as well as the fact payment methods offered here in my country are a bit difficult for me.

So far I got the often quoted Unicorn Beetle Pro case since I got the phone and am really using it since I received my replacement phone (which is said to have a good battery now) last week. IMHO the case is pretty good for the price. It is bulky, yes but pretty sturdy. It is difficult getting the phone in for the first time and even more difficult getting it out of the case - however that ensures it stays in the case after a heavy drop. I am not sure though just how much protection it *really* offers, the rather hard rubber sidings aren't really thick and the hard back also won't offer much absorbtion from a heavy drop. For everything else it's just fine, I especially like the big opening for the S-Pen, very good access there, something which would concern me about the Tactical Evo XT, the opening there seems to be pretty small. The door covers by the way are a bit too stiff for my taste, but maybe they'll loosen up over time.

If you want a good bang for the buck and want a case for heavier protection, I think the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a very decent choice. Thanks to the two-piece construnction it also seems to be pretty screen protector friendly, not sure about thicker tempered glass ones though - my wet applied plastic film protector is fine.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
IMHO all of the "rugged" cases offering superior protection have those raised lips to prevent any scratches when laying the phone screen down, one can actually see this in your photos. Thanks for those by the way, I have been eyeing the Tactical Evo XT by Tech 21, but the rather high price tag as well as the fact payment methods offered here in my country are a bit difficult for me.

So far I got the often quoted Unicorn Beetle Pro case since I got the phone and am really using it since I received my replacement phone (which is said to have a good battery now) last week. IMHO the case is pretty good for the price. It is bulky, yes but pretty sturdy. It is difficult getting the phone in for the first time and even more difficult getting it out of the case - however that ensures it stays in the case after a heavy drop. I am not sure though just how much protection it *really* offers, the rather hard rubber sidings aren't really thick and the hard back also won't offer much absorbtion from a heavy drop. For everything else it's just fine, I especially like the big opening for the S-Pen, very good access there, something which would concern me about the Tactical Evo XT, the opening there seems to be pretty small. The door covers by the way are a bit too stiff for my taste, but maybe they'll loosen up over time.

If you want a good bang for the buck and want a case for heavier protection, I think the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a very decent choice. Thanks to the two-piece construnction it also seems to be pretty screen protector friendly, not sure about thicker tempered glass ones though - my wet applied plastic film protector is fine.

I agree with you that the Unicorn Beetle Pro is a good case, especially for the price. Like you, I am concerned about the drop protection and shock absorption with the Unicorn Beetle Pro. The case itself seems very rigid and hard, which makes me think the impact of a drop will hit the phone hard. The Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT website description says this below, which makes me think it may be worth paying the higher price.

"Extreme drop protection. FlexShock™ is the world's most advanced impact protection material, absorbing and dissipating impact force and stopping that force from passing into your device. By integrating FlexShock™ into the design of the Evo Tactical XT, we can offer extreme impact protection from drops of 4m/ 13ft."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci