I intend on getting a Note7 and was wondering which screen protectors I should look out for as this will be my first curved display.

Which companies have gotten a good tempered glass or quality film for the S7 edge which would therefore be a good early bet for the Note7.

I did have a Note4 but jumped to a Nexus 6p for the last while....but it means I haven't been paying attention to any Samsung accessories since.

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

TC
    07-13-2016 11:23 AM
    I've used IQ Shield ones for a while and can't complain. Super easy to apply without bubbles, can barely tell they're there, don't interfere (usually) with cases, and edges don't lift. I don't think there are any good tempered glass protectors for curved displays, though (not even sure there are any at all!). Only 'problem' with the IQ Shield ones I've tried is that they're thin-film ones. If you scratch it they do protect the screen underneath but they're not as durable as a tempered glass one. They're not as expensive, though, so it's easier to just get another one.
    thetonyclifton and droidbillh like this.
    07-13-2016 11:42 AM
    Absolutely NONE at all !
    I have been through every tempered glass protector for the S7 edge and none of them are any good.

You will have to settle for a crappy film protector.
    thetonyclifton likes this.
    07-13-2016 11:42 AM
    Damn that is a spanner in the works. Thanks though.
    07-13-2016 12:24 PM
    Even Zagg one's? This seems a bit discouraging because how is one supposed to confidently upgrade if there isn't a true way to protect your phone....or be given a flat option? I'd love to hear thought. Currently I have a Note 5 with a Zagg glass and an Otterbox Commuter. What do you all feel might be some alternative combos?
    07-13-2016 01:00 PM
    In the latest devices companies are straggling to produce quality screen protectors. Hope that there will be some good choices for Note 7
    07-13-2016 01:03 PM
    Even Zagg one's? This seems a bit discouraging because how is one supposed to confidently upgrade if there isn't a true way to protect your phone....or be given a flat option? I'd love to hear thought. Currently I have a Note 5 with a Zagg glass and an Otterbox Commuter. What do you all feel might be some alternative combos?
    Yes, had the Zagg Curved both for the S7 and S7 edge and both were (very expensive) failures.

The Note 7 curve does not look as steep at the S7 Edge but I still believe it will be impossible to find a tempered glass that will work.
    07-13-2016 01:56 PM
    This is sort of a disappointment. Yikes. If my phone edges were to shatter, I'd cry.
    07-13-2016 02:04 PM
    The lack of screen protectors could pretty much kill this phone for me. Gawd I hope they release a regular version for us non-fad people.
    07-13-2016 05:05 PM
    I'd often go to the mall near me where there's a Zagg kiosk and purchase from there.

They'd also install it within a half hour or so. I've gone back twice since part of the screen protector was peeling and the reapplied it for me for like $10.

Well worth it imho since I suck in applying these and they easily redo it again if needed.
    Frozen Corpse likes this.
    07-14-2016 03:56 PM
    Zagg stores will do replacements and applications for free...if you live by one.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-14-2016 05:05 PM
    I'd often go to the mall near me where there's a Zagg kiosk and purchase from there.

They'd also install it within a half hour or so. I've gone back twice since part of the screen protector was peeling and the reapplied it for me for like $10.

Well worth it imho since I suck in applying these and they easily redo it again if needed.
    You must be talking about a film Zagg protector?
    07-14-2016 05:25 PM
    You must be talking about a film Zagg protector?
    I believe so ? I've had them applied on my last 4 phones and have not had any issues. Knock on wood !!!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    07-14-2016 08:08 PM
    I haven't liked Zagg in the past, too grippy for me, prefer something smoother. Who else makes good film protectors for curved screens?
    Inders99 likes this.
    07-15-2016 04:00 PM
    I don't know about curved protectors but I've been using a Nillkin glass protector for my Galaxy A8 for about 3 months and its still like new. Very clear and smooth. It was only about $10 on ebay.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-18-2016 03:42 AM
    Hopefully the screen protector on Note 7 is case friendly compared to S7 edge.
    07-18-2016 02:21 PM
    The Note 7 is going to have the same problem as the S7 edge. Glass protectors will not work because of the curved screen.
    dpham00 and droidbillh like this.
    07-18-2016 02:37 PM
    The Note 7 is going to have the same problem as the S7 edge. Glass protectors will not work because of the curved screen.
    Let's hope that there will be a flat note 7. I don't really need the curve.
    07-18-2016 03:45 PM
    I've been using the Xtreme Guard on my S7E with good results. Hopefully they will offer that for the N7 soon.

07-18-2016 08:39 PM
    Anyone seen this screen protector? Gorilla Gadgets. Says and looks full screen do S7 Edge. https://gorillagadgets.com/products/...nFeRoCSyPw_wcB

Maybe they will make one for the Note 7.
    07-19-2016 07:54 AM
    I ordered 4 from xtreme guard. 2 tempered glass and 2 regular dry install non glass protectors. For a little over $5 so will see how they work.

08-07-2016 03:04 PM
    I believe so ? I've had them applied on my last 4 phones and have not had any issues. Knock on wood !!!
    I'm going the "film route" because of the curved screen this time around. Haven't been there since the Droid days, LOL.
    08-07-2016 05:36 PM
    I ordered 4 from xtreme guard. 2 tempered glass and 2 regular dry install non glass protectors. For a little over $5 so will see how they work.

I just placed a order. Found the code at the top. Saved 70%. I had luck with them with my s7e and I expect the same with this one as long as I follow the directions.
    08-07-2016 06:11 PM

Just placed my order with xtreme guard as well. Use code summer92 for 92% off. I've used them for the lg g2, galaxy s6, iPhone 6s plus, and others and have been happy with them. But I agree with others about the curved TGSP. Hopefully it works well.
    08-07-2016 10:19 PM