08-17-2016 09:30 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    I get a QC 2.0/3.0 charging block, and use it next to my bed every night. Sure it will have the ability to charge for 6+ hours, but if it ain't QC, then it ain't anything. Thats how I roll...

Like 6 gb of main storage, that will never get used, or 256 gb on board storage, that will also never get used.... I just need the most. All ina device that replaces the brand new device I got 5 months ago, and will get replaced again when the s8 comes out.(/sarcasm, but sums up most of the Note 7 complaints)
    Lol some people can afford to upgrade phones whenever they want. I might get the Note 7 and I have an S7e, and I'll definitely be getting an s8 when it comes out. And I do have quick chargers by my bed. It doesn't matter overnight, but I use my phone a lot so there's plenty of times that I'll charge it with the quick charge during the day while I'm in my room. There's nothing wrong with wanting the best. First world problems I guess.
    07-31-2016 03:47 PM
    Most definitely... Accessories that Verizon sells are guaranteed to fit your phone. I bought a spigen case for one of my previous notes. The mic hole was completely covered by the case. Went to Verizon, their cases had the proper cutout for the mic hole.

Also certain protections like lifeproof total water protection which covers water damage is only valid if bought from a Verizon corporate store. Buying a life proof case from amazon would not qualify for the total water protection program, meaning water damage to device would not be covered by lifeproof.
    Which is basically what i was getting at. It's not that amazon doesn't have quality products in their stores, it's just there is no garuntee which product is quality or not, unlike what you would get from best buy or any phone carrier.
    bhatech likes this.
    07-31-2016 03:54 PM
    Amazon doesn't guarantee a quality product. My guess comparing to a store focused on phones would probably have products that meet the requirements through proper testing.
    Amazon has some of the BEST customer service ever. If you're ordering from them and have issues they will help you .. all while not being super marked up like a Verizon store is... So I don't get your point?
    Preach2k and bhatech like this.
    07-31-2016 04:05 PM
    In all the years I ordered from Amazon. I never had a problem with anything. No issues with returns or purchases. Amazon sales the same thing that the Verizon store sales but at a drastic lower price. Will never buy anything but the phone from the store. Everything else from Amazon.
    Almeuit, Simon_y7, TJA3500 and 1 others like this.
    07-31-2016 04:13 PM
    Which is basically what i was getting at. It's not that amazon doesn't have quality products in their stores, it's just there is no garuntee which product is quality or not, unlike what you would get from best buy or any phone carrier.
    I don't understand this either. How so? If the company that makes the case is selling it on Amazon for $20 but Verizon has the same case for $50 .. How is Verizon's any more genuine than the one on Amazon? You think Amazon would show the legit case, send you a "knock off" brand, and then not honor the return? That wouldn't happen. They didn't get their customer satisfaction ratings as high as they are by treating their customers bad, lying, or being shady.
    Connert likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:16 PM
    Amazon has some of the BEST customer service ever. If you're ordering from them and have issues they will help you .. all while not being super marked up like a Verizon store is... So I don't get your point?
    Think your fellow mod said it best. But their is no assurance that the product you buy does not also cause damage. Amazon is a middle man, bringing retailer products to consumers through their site. These products are not tested by them unless by returns and that's just to see if they still work.

Any phone carrier or official retailer like best buy does not just let any product to be sold in their stores without some sort of testing of quality. That's why you will rarely find these super cheap products in their stores. And yes, they mark up the prices, but you can buy with more confidence from them compared to amazon where even sometimes extensive research is not enough ( on certain products which people do buy).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with amazon, but there is a difference between quality of products that amazon carries compared to a phone carrier or retailer like best buy.
    07-31-2016 04:20 PM
    Think your fellow mod said it best. But their is no assurance that the product you buy does not also cause damage. Amazon is a middle man, bringing retailer products to consumers through their site. These products are not tested by them unless by returns and that's just to see if they still work.

Any phone carrier or official retailer like best buy does not just let any product to be sold in their stores without some sort of testing of quality. That's why you will rarely find these super cheap products in their stores. And yes, they mark up the prices, but you can buy with more confidence from them compared to amazon where even sometimes extensive research is not enough ( on certain products which people do buy).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with amazon, but there is a difference between quality of products that amazon carries compared to a phone carrier or retailer like best buy.
    I highly disagree. If there is an issue with quality -- Amazon will make it right. So far .. in years with Amazon .. I have had maybe 2-3 returns? Everything has been what it said it was from cases, battery packs, chargers, etc. The few returns were easy as pie. Amazon treated me as a customer and not a thief or anything. They even paid for the shipping so I just dropped it off at a UPS Store and got my money back instantly (before it even left that store to get back to them).

As for quality .. disagree as well. I guarantee my Spigen case is the same as in the store. They have genuine codes to check for that.
    07-31-2016 04:24 PM
    I don't understand this either. How so? If the company that makes the case is selling it on Amazon for $20 but Verizon has the same case for $50 .. How is Verizon's any more genuine than the one on Amazon? You think Amazon would show the legit case, send you a "knock off" brand, and then not honor the return? That wouldn't happen. They didn't get their customer satisfaction ratings as high as they are by treating their customers bad, lying, or being shady.
    Because with Verizon the cases they are selling are guaranteed to fit the product. Unlike other 3rd party cases like the ones on amazon that do not fit. Same goes with chords that do not meet up with specific requirements for charging your device and can end up causing damage.

I'm not dissing amazon guys. I was just explaining why someone would prefer to buy from a carrier or or a specialty retailer compared to amazon which is not guaranteeing a quality product.
    07-31-2016 04:26 PM
    Because with Verizon the cases they are selling are guaranteed to fit the product. Unlike other 3rd party cases like the ones on amazon that do not fit. Same goes with chords that do not meet up with specific requirements for charging your device and can end up causing damage.
    Pretty sure if I buy a Spigen case on Amazon fro the Note 7 it will fit just like a Note 7 case in store will lol. Sorry we can just agree to disagree since this is getting ridiculous at this point. I don't get how a case sold BY the maker on Amazon isn't quality like a carrier store. That makes zero sense.
    bhatech likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:27 PM
    I highly disagree. If there is an issue with quality -- Amazon will make it right. So far .. in years with Amazon .. I have had maybe 2-3 returns? Everything has been what it said it was from cases, battery packs, chargers, etc. The few returns were easy as pie. Amazon treated me as a customer and not a thief or anything. They even paid for the shipping so I just dropped it off at a UPS Store and got my money back instantly (before it even left that store to get back to them).

As for quality .. disagree as well. I guarantee my Spigen case is the same as in the store. They have genuine codes to check for that.
    And i'm not saying that its not bad that they will make it right. But the fact that you have to even say you have to return a product because a didn't fit is proving my point lol.

Spigen so far for me has been good. But can't say the same for others. I'm not going to now only buy from carriers, i'm just discussing the difference.
    07-31-2016 04:28 PM
    Pretty sure if I buy a Spigen case on Amazon fro the Note 7 it will fit just like a Note 7 case in store will lol. Sorry we can just agree to disagree since this is getting ridiculous at this point. I don't get how a case sold BY the maker on Amazon isn't quality like a carrier store. That makes zero sense.
    Thats because Spigen has decided to make a quality product through testing. But amazon does not assure that. Are you understanding what i am saying or is it because you found one good brand you feel as if all other brands will do the same?

And yes this got blown way out of proportion. As i'm for amazon lol.
    07-31-2016 04:30 PM
    And i'm not saying that its not bad that they will make it right. But the fact that you have to even say you have to return a product because a didn't fit is proving my point lol.

Spigen so far for me has been good. But can't say the same for others. I'm not going to now only buy from carriers, i'm just discussing the difference.
    I said that wouldn't happen. IF it somehow did you could return it but so far every case for every phone I have bought works. You know Spigen does sell on Amazon right? So if it is $15 on Amazon and $40 in Verizons store it is the same case right? Example below.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 Accessories-spigen.jpg  
    Preach2k likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:32 PM
    I said that wouldn't happen. IF it somehow did you could return it but so far every case for every phone I have bought works. You know Spigen does sell on Amazon right? So if it is $15 on Amazon and $40 in Verizons store it is the same case right? Example below.
    C'mon you are not reading what i am saying. I am saying AMAZON DOES NOT ASSURE THAT. But they do allow to let you return the product if you don't like it.

That's it. Where as a case you buy from the carriers will most likely fit because they only sell cases that fit. I'm not talking about price difference i'm talking about the guarantee the product will fit or meet the correct requirements.

Also i bought a spigen neo hybrid case for my g5 . I know amazon sells it. I even posted a thread for the note 7 spigen case.
    07-31-2016 04:38 PM
    C'mon you are not reading what i am saying. I am saying AMAZON DOES NOT ASSURE THAT. But they do allow to let you return the product if you don't like it.

That's it. Where as a case you buy from the carriers will most likely fit because they only sell cases that fit. I'm not talking about price difference i'm talking about the guarantee the product will fit or meet the correct requirements.

Also i bought a spigen neo hybrid case for my g5 . I know amazon sells it. I even posted a thread for the note 7 spigen case.
    Agree to disagree .
    07-31-2016 05:17 PM
    Agree to disagree .
    Nothing to disagree against but sure m8. I just want my note 7 now!
    07-31-2016 05:37 PM

This is false
    Preach2k and bhatech like this.
    07-31-2016 05:37 PM
    This is false
    Not saying it at all. Use amazon all the time. Doesn't mean they don't have faults, and they know they do which is why they have excellent customer service.
    07-31-2016 05:43 PM
    Verizon doesn't sell spigen.

The problem with amazon is if you buy from a third party other than from the manufacturer. Then there's a chance of fake for accessories.
    mmsean and delynnie like this.
    07-31-2016 07:29 PM
    Never happen to me! Spigen works with Amazon. If you get something that is not original Amazon will give you your money back.
    07-31-2016 07:32 PM
    There are certainly different levels of quality. My personal experience with spigen, ringke, Caseology, and vrs is that they are good cases but that they aren't on the same level as otterbox and tech21(either in quality or in quality control nor in price). These cases are set well below what Verizon sells cases at, at a slight reduction in quality. Of course Verizon doesn't sell spigen, ringke, Caseology or vrs either.

Personally, I bought the Spigen case for my note 4 and while it did fit, the mic hole at the bottom was completely blocked. Went out and bought a case from my Verizon store and it had the mic hole properly opened.

I also had a spigen case on my note 3 I believe that cracked when removing the case. They did send me a replacement case, also cracked in the exact same spot. Others on here and amazon also experienced the same problem.

Also I had a spigen nexus 6 case, it had multiple marks on the case, clearly not new despite being sold as such.

I bought a Caseology case can't remember which phone... It didn't fit well at all.

Probably other issues that I can't remember now. But then compared to cases that I bought at Verizon, my Verizon cases seemed to work better and of better quality.

However back to the topic at hand, for the identical case on both sites, I would have no problems buying from whoever was cheaper. But personally...if I wanted a guaranteed fitment and quality, I would go with Verizon. I realize going with spigen cases not sold by carriers, that there is a risk.

Now when talking about $15-20 vs $35-45 for carrier stuff (less my 25% discount then I prefer to go carrier. Now if you are talking about sale prices in the $1-3 price range then I have no problems going with spigen /vrs /ringke, etc.
    07-31-2016 07:38 PM
    aren't on the same level as otterbox and tech21(either in quality or in quality control nor in price).
    This is a matter of Opinion. I disagree. I had an OtterBox Defender Case. The belt clip always broke and the rubber stretched. Made the Phone Bulky. Will never go back to OtterBox! Tech21 got it did not like it returned it. Love Spigen, Verus, and Caseology Cases!
    07-31-2016 08:00 PM
    Never happen to me! Spigen works with Amazon. If you get something that is not original Amazon will give you your money back.
    Anything sold by Amazon or FBA, I have no worries about. Amazon will take care of you. Shipped by third party you have to go through Amazon a to z guarantee which is a little more of a hassle. Spigen took like a week to respond to my complaint and based on other people's feedback, it was similar for them. Personally I think a week to respond to customer emails is absurd.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3270887
    07-31-2016 08:06 PM
    Personally, I bought the Spigen case for my note 4 and while it did fit, the mic hole at the bottom was completely blocked. Went out and bought a case from my Verizon store and it had the mic hole properly opened.
    This was a Spigen flaw though IIRC? No a "Amazon sent me the wrong / crappier less quality case", right?
    07-31-2016 08:08 PM
    This is a matter of Opinion. I disagree. I had an OtterBox Defender Case. The belt clip always broke and the rubber stretched. Made the Phone Bulky. Will never go back to OtterBox! Tech21 got it did not like it returned it. Love Spigen, Verus, and Caseology Cases!
    Of course, many people are happy with spigen, verus, and Caseology....but if I have multiple bad experiences then I tend to avoid that company, just like how you avoid otterbox.

To be honest otterbox wasn't my favorite either and I haven't bought anything from them recently. As of late I have been liking tech21 and speck. Cases are very personal things... Get what you like, no one case manufacturer works for everyone
    07-31-2016 08:10 PM
    This was a Spigen flaw though IIRC? No a "Amazon sent me the wrong / crappier less quality case", right?
    Correct, no problems with inferior merchandise assuming exact same item shipped and sold by Amazon for spigen or anything else.

Sold by third party other than from manufacturer is a different story.
    07-31-2016 08:14 PM
140 1234 ...