08-17-2016 09:30 PM
140 12345 ...
tools
    Anything sold by Amazon or FBA, I have no worries about. Amazon will take care of you. Shipped by third party you have to go through Amazon a to z guarantee which is a little more of a hassle. Spigen took like a week to respond to my complaint and based on other people's feedback, it was similar for them. Personally I think a week to respond to customer emails is absurd.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3270887
    With Note 4 when I ordered the Neo Hybrid the TPU mic holes did not line up. I Called Spigen and they said that they were aware of the problem. They sent me a new TPU the next week with an apology letter. I had no issues or complaints with their customer service. Now with Otter Box had to take pictures every time to get an new belt clip and I had to show them how the rubber on the phone is stretched. Horrible customer service was the end of my Otter case days.
    07-31-2016 08:15 PM
    With Note 4 when I ordered the Neo Hybrid the TPU mic holes did not line up. I Called Spigen and they said that they were aware of the problem. They sent me a new TPU the next week with an apology letter. I had no issues or complaints with their customer service. Now with Otter Box had to take pictures every time to get an new belt clip and I had to show them how the rubber on the phone is stretched. Horrible customer service was the end of my Otter case days.
    Can't speak of otterbox customer service as I never dealt with them... But spigen response time was about a week. And while they didn't ask for a lot of pictures or anything , they sent me a replacement with a crack in the exact same place as the original right out of the bag.
    07-31-2016 08:19 PM
    I forgot to explain the Caseology issue... The case was really poorly fitting. Caseology sent a replacement which had the same poor fitment. They then said that they have a problem and had no eta on a fix and sent me a refund. Which is fine except that I have a phone and a very poorly fitting case so I had to go buy something else.

I think that the bottom line is this... Buying at your carrier is a guaranteed fit. Buying from spigen or similar... You might have issues and while they will respond (which may take a week or more, not including the time for shipping, if a replacement is needed ) and they will either send you a replacement or a refund... But personally, if I just got a new phone... I just want something that just fits. I won't want to have a new phone and a poorly fitting case and deal with the hassle,especially when dealing with $700+ phones...

Just speaking for myself, nowadays I always buy a case from the carrier when I buy an expensive phone. I will also try out other cases but I want to make sure that my $700 phone is properly protected.

Obviously everyone is different, just my opinion. Some are willing to take the relatively small risk of problems with spigen et all
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    07-31-2016 08:37 PM
    Wow... um, no. They get a deal, and they sell the items. Usually with a huge mark up. I would not infer quality with being sold at a carrier store. Returns might be a bit easier at the carrier store, but I have never had any issues with amazon returns.
    Amazon has always had an easy return process. If it's defective or problematic they provide a return label at their cost. I almost never buy in store anymore.
    07-31-2016 09:39 PM
    I forgot to explain the Caseology issue... The case was really poorly fitting. Caseology sent a replacement which had the same poor fitment. They then said that they have a problem and had no eta on a fix and sent me a refund. Which is fine except that I have a phone and a very poorly fitting case so I had to go buy something else.

I think that the bottom line is this... Buying at your carrier is a guaranteed fit. Buying from spigen or similar... You might have issues and while they will respond (which may take a week or more, not including the time for shipping, if a replacement is needed ) and they will either send you a replacement or a refund... But personally, if I just got a new phone... I just want something that just fits. I won't want to have a new phone and a poorly fitting case and deal with the hassle,especially when dealing with $700+ phones...

Just speaking for myself, nowadays I always buy a case from the carrier when I buy an expensive phone. I will also try out other cases but I want to make sure that my $700 phone is properly protected.

Obviously everyone is different, just my opinion. Some are willing to take the relatively small risk of problems with spigen et all
    Got a bad caseology case for my G5. Immediately returned to amazon. This is why it is not only a guarantee with amazon but with good and fast customer service, then most things should be fine.

Spigen case fit perfectly but Caseology seems iffy.
    07-31-2016 10:38 PM
    There is no filter of quality on amazon as they don't test the product themselves. With Verizon they probably will be testing making the products work as advertised, wouldn't want to sell junk cords as a carrier.. Have seen a couple of reviews on amazon showing that certain cords and chargers to not meet up to certain standards for charging.

I'm not saying Verizon holds top quality, but you are probably at less risk with Verizon unless you are sure the brand you buy on amazon is legit.
    Having worked for a cell company before let me tell you that this is all incorrect. There is no testing. There's no real quality assurance. All that you really get are higher prices and sometimes annoying attempts to return products that don't work properly.
    Preach2k and dsignori like this.
    08-01-2016 01:06 AM
    Yeah, I never buy my accessories from my carrier. It's just marked up merchandise, in my opinion. And my luck has been the same with Amazon as it has with Verizon. See no reason to pay more for the same product.
    08-01-2016 06:38 AM
    Having worked for a cell company before let me tell you that this is all incorrect. There is no testing. There's no real quality assurance. All that you really get are higher prices and sometimes annoying attempts to return products that don't work properly.
    Which cell phone company is that? And in what position?
    08-01-2016 07:45 AM
    Curious why you say this? I'm not saying Verizon or any carrier has a lab to test, but they would test cases on each device to see if they fit, and they would also not be selling junk cables that can end up causing damage to the port as well.

Any major retailer does this (in some way or another). There has to be some filter for them or they get in trouble. If it weren't so then you would see a much larger selection of 3rd party suppliers that are cheaper for any phone carrier to buy and sell.
    08-01-2016 08:44 AM
    It will be interesting to see how the curved screen protectors hold up over time.
    08-02-2016 09:43 AM
    I was holing from until today to see if they announced a new wireless charger. The didn't. Looks like I'll be grabbing one of Samsung's fast wireless chargers (stand up style).
    08-02-2016 11:58 AM
    I already got my battery pack that supports regular, Qc, and USB-C charging and I have a fast wireless pad from Samsung... So not sure what else to get .
    What battery pack did you get and do you have a link. I am trying to find this

Galaxy Note7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack | Samsung Mobile
    08-02-2016 02:34 PM

I will pick this up for those days when you can not get to a charger!!!!
    08-02-2016 02:38 PM
    I will pick this up for those days when you can not get to a charger!!!!
    I definitely want this for those days when I am at an outing and there are no plugs. I hope Almeuit sees my question. He might miss it since this thread has turned into an Amazon debate rather than Note 7 accessories, lol.
    08-02-2016 02:42 PM
    I definitely want this for those days when I am at an outing and there are no plugs. I hope Almeuit sees my question. He might miss it since this thread has turned into an Amazon debate rather than Note 7 accessories, lol.
    I think that Mophie is the only other company that make an battery attachment case for Samsung. Should be coming soon for the Note 7.

Note 7 Accessories-jp-sgs7e-blk_front-back-left-3qtr_2000px_2.jpg

juice pack
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-02-2016 03:16 PM
    Does this phone have the standard issue charging port?
    08-02-2016 03:22 PM
    Does this phone have the standard issue charging port?
    USB-C
    08-02-2016 03:22 PM
    I think that Mophie is the only other company that make an battery attachment case for Samsung. Should be coming soon for the Note 7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jp-sgs7e-blk_front-back-left-3qtr_2000px_2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	233915

juice pack
    My Note 5 Mophie is some trash....
    08-02-2016 03:23 PM
    Okay I never used it. I have a friend with a iPhone that always keeps it on his phone.
    08-02-2016 03:24 PM

I want that one as well. It only seems logical. But how does it turn on and off? Doesn't look like it has a switch.
    08-02-2016 03:25 PM
    Just had an email from Spigen saying you get a free USB-C cable when ordering any Note7 case! Might have to have a perusal through their options!
    08-02-2016 03:26 PM
    My Note 5 Mophie is some trash....
    Mine works great. What problems do you have with yours?
    08-02-2016 03:30 PM
    Okay I never used it. I have a friend with a iPhone that always keeps it on his phone.
    My brother uses a Mophie on his S6 and he likes it.
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-02-2016 03:32 PM
    As for Glass, Zagg said it would have glass for the Note 7. I know Zagg is more expensive but I still buy it.
    08-02-2016 03:33 PM
    Mine works great. What problems do you have with yours?
    Well it doesn't seem to get a full 60 charge like it used to. It just gets sort of hot, and conks out after a short while. I might get an extra thirty percent, max.
    08-02-2016 03:33 PM
140 12345 ...