Note 7 Accessories

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Amazon doesn't guarantee a quality product. My guess comparing to a store focused on phones would probably have products that meet the requirements through proper testing.
At least Amazon has awesome customer service and don't have to talk to the pushy carrier salesman (at least at T-Mobile). Personally never step into any carrier store, i buy it online even if I have to buy a carrier branded phone as in this case because Samsung doesn't release unlocked models at launch in US.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
At least Amazon has awesome customer service and don't have to talk to the pushy carrier salesman (at least at T-Mobile). Personally never step into any carrier store, i buy it online even if I have to buy a carrier branded phone as in this case because Samsung doesn't release unlocked models at launch in US.

Just saying, i don't buy accessories at Verizon either. A lot of the times overpriced. Even best buy can sometimes be unreasonable. With amazon you can also be risking damage to your own device which i'm not sure amazon guarantees they will offer anything for damages except for the product sold.

I always by with caution from them, even if they have an excellent customer service.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just saying, i don't buy accessories at Verizon either. A lot of the times overpriced. Even best buy can sometimes be unreasonable. With amazon you can also be risking damage to your own device which i'm not sure amazon guarantees they will offer anything for damages except for the product sold.

I always by with caution from them, even if they have an excellent customer service.
Sure you know need to know what your are buying, for example vI think most people who are on this site are knowledgeable enough to pick the right product when shopping on any online site.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Amazon doesn't guarantee a quality product. My guess comparing to a store focused on phones would probably have products that meet the requirements through proper testing.
Most definitely... Accessories that Verizon sells are guaranteed to fit your phone. I bought a spigen case for one of my previous notes. The mic hole was completely covered by the case. Went to Verizon, their cases had the proper cutout for the mic hole.

Also certain protections like lifeproof total water protection which covers water damage is only valid if bought from a Verizon corporate store. Buying a life proof case from amazon would not qualify for the total water protection program, meaning water damage to device would not be covered by lifeproof.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not only do you risk damage to the device but you also risk injury or death,in the case of faulty electrical accessories. While it can happen to genuine Samsung products, Samsung will stand behind their products, and provide compensation even if it exceeds the cost of the device . No name charger manufacturer would just fold up shop and open under a different name tomorrow.

With that said, buying quality parts from amazon is fine, I do it all the time. Just make sure that you research what you are buying.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I get a QC 2.0/3.0 charging block, and use it next to my bed every night. Sure it will have the ability to charge for 6+ hours, but if it ain't QC, then it ain't anything. Thats how I roll...

Like 6 gb of main storage, that will never get used, or 256 gb on board storage, that will also never get used.... I just need the most. All ina device that replaces the brand new device I got 5 months ago, and will get replaced again when the s8 comes out.(/sarcasm, but sums up most of the Note 7 complaints)

Lol some people can afford to upgrade phones whenever they want. I might get the Note 7 and I have an S7e, and I'll definitely be getting an s8 when it comes out. And I do have quick chargers by my bed. It doesn't matter overnight, but I use my phone a lot so there's plenty of times that I'll charge it with the quick charge during the day while I'm in my room. There's nothing wrong with wanting the best. First world problems I guess.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Most definitely... Accessories that Verizon sells are guaranteed to fit your phone. I bought a spigen case for one of my previous notes. The mic hole was completely covered by the case. Went to Verizon, their cases had the proper cutout for the mic hole.

Also certain protections like lifeproof total water protection which covers water damage is only valid if bought from a Verizon corporate store. Buying a life proof case from amazon would not qualify for the total water protection program, meaning water damage to device would not be covered by lifeproof.

Which is basically what i was getting at. It's not that amazon doesn't have quality products in their stores, it's just there is no garuntee which product is quality or not, unlike what you would get from best buy or any phone carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Amazon has some of the BEST customer service ever. If you're ordering from them and have issues they will help you .. all while not being super marked up like a Verizon store is... So I don't get your point?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
In all the years I ordered from Amazon. I never had a problem with anything. No issues with returns or purchases. Amazon sales the same thing that the Verizon store sales but at a drastic lower price. Will never buy anything but the phone from the store. Everything else from Amazon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Which is basically what i was getting at. It's not that amazon doesn't have quality products in their stores, it's just there is no garuntee which product is quality or not, unlike what you would get from best buy or any phone carrier.

I don't understand this either. How so? If the company that makes the case is selling it on Amazon for $20 but Verizon has the same case for $50 .. How is Verizon's any more genuine than the one on Amazon? You think Amazon would show the legit case, send you a "knock off" brand, and then not honor the return? That wouldn't happen. They didn't get their customer satisfaction ratings as high as they are by treating their customers bad, lying, or being shady.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Amazon has some of the BEST customer service ever. If you're ordering from them and have issues they will help you .. all while not being super marked up like a Verizon store is... So I don't get your point?

Think your fellow mod said it best. But their is no assurance that the product you buy does not also cause damage. Amazon is a middle man, bringing retailer products to consumers through their site. These products are not tested by them unless by returns and that's just to see if they still work.

Any phone carrier or official retailer like best buy does not just let any product to be sold in their stores without some sort of testing of quality. That's why you will rarely find these super cheap products in their stores. And yes, they mark up the prices, but you can buy with more confidence from them compared to amazon where even sometimes extensive research is not enough ( on certain products which people do buy).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with amazon, but there is a difference between quality of products that amazon carries compared to a phone carrier or retailer like best buy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Think your fellow mod said it best. But their is no assurance that the product you buy does not also cause damage. Amazon is a middle man, bringing retailer products to consumers through their site. These products are not tested by them unless by returns and that's just to see if they still work.

Any phone carrier or official retailer like best buy does not just let any product to be sold in their stores without some sort of testing of quality. That's why you will rarely find these super cheap products in their stores. And yes, they mark up the prices, but you can buy with more confidence from them compared to amazon where even sometimes extensive research is not enough ( on certain products which people do buy).

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with amazon, but there is a difference between quality of products that amazon carries compared to a phone carrier or retailer like best buy.

I highly disagree. If there is an issue with quality -- Amazon will make it right. So far .. in years with Amazon .. I have had maybe 2-3 returns? Everything has been what it said it was from cases, battery packs, chargers, etc. The few returns were easy as pie. Amazon treated me as a customer and not a thief or anything. They even paid for the shipping so I just dropped it off at a UPS Store and got my money back instantly (before it even left that store to get back to them).

As for quality .. disagree as well. I guarantee my Spigen case is the same as in the store. They have genuine codes to check for that.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand this either. How so? If the company that makes the case is selling it on Amazon for $20 but Verizon has the same case for $50 .. How is Verizon's any more genuine than the one on Amazon? You think Amazon would show the legit case, send you a "knock off" brand, and then not honor the return? That wouldn't happen. They didn't get their customer satisfaction ratings as high as they are by treating their customers bad, lying, or being shady.

Because with Verizon the cases they are selling are guaranteed to fit the product. Unlike other 3rd party cases like the ones on amazon that do not fit. Same goes with chords that do not meet up with specific requirements for charging your device and can end up causing damage.

I'm not dissing amazon guys. I was just explaining why someone would prefer to buy from a carrier or or a specialty retailer compared to amazon which is not guaranteeing a quality product.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because with Verizon the cases they are selling are guaranteed to fit the product. Unlike other 3rd party cases like the ones on amazon that do not fit. Same goes with chords that do not meet up with specific requirements for charging your device and can end up causing damage.

Pretty sure if I buy a Spigen case on Amazon fro the Note 7 it will fit just like a Note 7 case in store will lol. Sorry we can just agree to disagree since this is getting ridiculous at this point. I don't get how a case sold BY the maker on Amazon isn't quality like a carrier store. That makes zero sense.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I highly disagree. If there is an issue with quality -- Amazon will make it right. So far .. in years with Amazon .. I have had maybe 2-3 returns? Everything has been what it said it was from cases, battery packs, chargers, etc. The few returns were easy as pie. Amazon treated me as a customer and not a thief or anything. They even paid for the shipping so I just dropped it off at a UPS Store and got my money back instantly (before it even left that store to get back to them).

As for quality .. disagree as well. I guarantee my Spigen case is the same as in the store. They have genuine codes to check for that.

And i'm not saying that its not bad that they will make it right. But the fact that you have to even say you have to return a product because a didn't fit is proving my point lol.

Spigen so far for me has been good. But can't say the same for others. I'm not going to now only buy from carriers, i'm just discussing the difference.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure if I buy a Spigen case on Amazon fro the Note 7 it will fit just like a Note 7 case in store will lol. Sorry we can just agree to disagree since this is getting ridiculous at this point. I don't get how a case sold BY the maker on Amazon isn't quality like a carrier store. That makes zero sense.

Thats because Spigen has decided to make a quality product through testing. But amazon does not assure that. Are you understanding what i am saying or is it because you found one good brand you feel as if all other brands will do the same?

And yes this got blown way out of proportion. As i'm for amazon lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And i'm not saying that its not bad that they will make it right. But the fact that you have to even say you have to return a product because a didn't fit is proving my point lol.

Spigen so far for me has been good. But can't say the same for others. I'm not going to now only buy from carriers, i'm just discussing the difference.

I said that wouldn't happen. IF it somehow did you could return it but so far every case for every phone I have bought works. You know Spigen does sell on Amazon right? So if it is $15 on Amazon and $40 in Verizons store it is the same case right? Example below.

Attachments

• spigen.jpg
    spigen.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 62

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I said that wouldn't happen. IF it somehow did you could return it but so far every case for every phone I have bought works. You know Spigen does sell on Amazon right? So if it is $15 on Amazon and $40 in Verizons store it is the same case right? Example below.

C'mon you are not reading what i am saying. I am saying AMAZON DOES NOT ASSURE THAT. But they do allow to let you return the product if you don't like it.

That's it. Where as a case you buy from the carriers will most likely fit because they only sell cases that fit. I'm not talking about price difference i'm talking about the guarantee the product will fit or meet the correct requirements.

Also i bought a spigen neo hybrid case for my g5 . I know amazon sells it. I even posted a thread for the note 7 spigen case.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
C'mon you are not reading what i am saying. I am saying AMAZON DOES NOT ASSURE THAT. But they do allow to let you return the product if you don't like it.

That's it. Where as a case you buy from the carriers will most likely fit because they only sell cases that fit. I'm not talking about price difference i'm talking about the guarantee the product will fit or meet the correct requirements.

Also i bought a spigen neo hybrid case for my g5 . I know amazon sells it. I even posted a thread for the note 7 spigen case.

Agree to disagree :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude