08-17-2016 09:30 PM
140 123 ...
tools
    What Accessories are you guys going to Purchase for your Note 7?

I Ordered These This week.

Note 7 Accessories-61lyp8wahgl._sl1000_.jpg
    Note 7 Accessories-611wxnluacl._sl1000_.jpg
    Note 7 Accessories-61ostvk6dll._sl1200_.jpg
    Note 7 Accessories-61tcqrvrkgl._sl1500_.jpg

All From Amazon.
    07-31-2016 06:15 AM
    Does that 6 port charger support quick charge?
    07-31-2016 07:39 AM
    Does that 6 port charger support quick charge?
    No it doesn't Just cancelled my order.

https://www.amazon.com/Alisten-Speed-Charger-Station-Adapter/dp/B01682FQ66/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D7N68KRSAPS7ARE5E8SS
    07-31-2016 07:40 AM
    I don't see any reference to Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 and the amps and voltage don't line up. It'll probably still work, but you might not get full speed if the Note 7 supports Quick Charge 2.0/3.0.

USB Type C Car Charger, Spigen® Type C Car Charger 5.4 Amp Dual Output Cord For Lumia 950/950XL, Nokia N1, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 2, LG G5, HTC 10 and More- F25QC [Black] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018MRYW5G...cUvbUpU5291353
    07-31-2016 08:18 AM
    Hard to tell if it's this one. I don't see any reference to Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 and the amps and voltage don't line up. It'll probably still work, but you might not get full speed if the Note 7 supports Quick Charge 2.0/3.0.

USB Type C Car Charger, Spigen® Type C Car Charger 5.4 Amp Dual Output Cord For Lumia 950/950XL, Nokia N1, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 2, LG G5, HTC 10 and More- F25QC [Black] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018MRYW5G...cUvbUpU5291360

Car Charger Support for USB Type C devices as well as normal USB rapid charging
    Charge your devices at 3.0 Amp, Fastest charging speed ever; for other USB devices, Charge at 2.4 Amp exceeding the original phone charger
    Usb Type C Car Charger Built-in charging circuitry protects devices from damage
    Please remember to read the caution details on the product package to have a safe experience with this product
    Compatible with majority of mobile devices (New MacBook, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6p, OnePlus 2 etc.)
    07-31-2016 08:24 AM
    Just Canceled this Order: Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 not supported.!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Alisten-Speed...cUvbUpU5291362

Will probably get this one instead.
    Note 7 Accessories-71gjkwxqrbl._sl1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F20J4PE/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73
    Thegreatone3 likes this.
    07-31-2016 08:27 AM
    I think the term "quick charge" is being used generically here versus the specific Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 tech. Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 works by varying the voltage (3.2-20) and amps for a total maximum of 18W. The referenced charger seems to support 2.4 or 3 amps at a static voltage (5) for a maximum of 15W.

Again, we don't even know yet what the Note 7 officially supports in terms of charging tech. I'm taking a wait and see approach before I buy anything.
    Preach2k and PlaybookFanatic like this.
    07-31-2016 08:32 AM
    I think the term "quick charge" is being used generically here versus the specific Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 tech. Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 works by varying the voltage (3.2-20) and amps for a total maximum of 18W. The referenced charger seems to support 2.4 or 3 amps at a static voltage (5) for a maximum of 15W. Again, we don't even know yet what the Note 7 officially supports in terms of charging tech. I'm taking a wait and see approach.
    Thanks for this. I've been trying to get my head around what I need and this is very helpful. I'm coming from LG G4. It has QC2 capability but in the box it just came with a standard charger. So I bought an Aukey QC2 car charger and wall charger to take advantage of this.

I think I will wait and see what I need to charge this thing once it is out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2016 08:38 AM
    Quick charger is a must for me. Don't know which one yet.
    07-31-2016 10:00 AM
    This might be a car charger to use , if the QC 3.0 is the format for the N7.

AUKEY CC-T8 Car Charger with Dual Quick Charge 3.0 Ports

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5291576

Note 7 Accessories-aukey.jpg
    Thegreatone3 and EMGSM like this.
    07-31-2016 11:13 AM
    I already got my battery pack that supports regular, Qc, and USB-C charging and I have a fast wireless pad from Samsung... So not sure what else to get .
    07-31-2016 11:37 AM
    I will get accessories at Verizon. I won't buy 3rd party

07-31-2016 12:58 PM
    I will get accessories at Verizon. I won't buy 3rd party

Why is that? Normally you can get the items they sell in store from Amazon for way cheaper.
    Preach2k and debdroid1a like this.
    07-31-2016 01:22 PM
    Why is that? Normally you can get the items they sell in store from Amazon for way cheaper.
    I just buy from wherever has it cheaper. With my employee discount, tech21 and speck cases tend to be cheaper when I buy them at Verizon than at other places.
    07-31-2016 01:40 PM
    Is that a tempered glass protector already? Got a link for it?
    07-31-2016 02:08 PM
    Amazon doesn't guarantee a quality product. My guess comparing to a store focused on phones would probably have products that meet the requirements through proper testing.
    07-31-2016 02:38 PM
    I get a QC 2.0/3.0 charging block, and use it next to my bed every night. Sure it will have the ability to charge for 6+ hours, but if it ain't QC, then it ain't anything. Thats how I roll...

Like 6 gb of main storage, that will never get used, or 256 gb on board storage, that will also never get used.... I just need the most. All ina device that replaces the brand new device I got 5 months ago, and will get replaced again when the s8 comes out.(/sarcasm, but sums up most of the Note 7 complaints)
    TX Jedi likes this.
    07-31-2016 02:46 PM
    Amazon doesn't guarantee a quality product. My guess comparing to a store focused on phones would probably have products that meet the requirements through proper testing.
    Wow... um, no. They get a deal, and they sell the items. Usually with a huge mark up. I would not infer quality with being sold at a carrier store. Returns might be a bit easier at the carrier store, but I have never had any issues with amazon returns.
    Simon_y7 likes this.
    07-31-2016 02:47 PM
    Is that a tempered glass protector already? Got a link for it?
    Ionic Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector Film 3D Tempered Glass 2016 Smartphone [Lifetime Replacement Warranty]
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HFXMX8Q...cUvbUpU5291871
    07-31-2016 03:03 PM
    Wow... um, no. They get a deal, and they sell the items. Usually with a huge mark up. I would not infer quality with being sold at a carrier store. Returns might be a bit easier at the carrier store, but I have never had any issues with amazon returns.
    There is no filter of quality on amazon as they don't test the product themselves. With Verizon they probably will be testing making the products work as advertised, wouldn't want to sell junk cords as a carrier.. Have seen a couple of reviews on amazon showing that certain cords and chargers to not meet up to certain standards for charging.

I'm not saying Verizon holds top quality, but you are probably at less risk with Verizon unless you are sure the brand you buy on amazon is legit.
    07-31-2016 03:07 PM
    At least Amazon has awesome customer service and don't have to talk to the pushy carrier salesman (at least at T-Mobile). Personally never step into any carrier store, i buy it online even if I have to buy a carrier branded phone as in this case because Samsung doesn't release unlocked models at launch in US.
    07-31-2016 03:11 PM
    At least Amazon has awesome customer service and don't have to talk to the pushy carrier salesman (at least at T-Mobile). Personally never step into any carrier store, i buy it online even if I have to buy a carrier branded phone as in this case because Samsung doesn't release unlocked models at launch in US.
    Just saying, i don't buy accessories at Verizon either. A lot of the times overpriced. Even best buy can sometimes be unreasonable. With amazon you can also be risking damage to your own device which i'm not sure amazon guarantees they will offer anything for damages except for the product sold.

I always by with caution from them, even if they have an excellent customer service.
    07-31-2016 03:16 PM
    Just saying, i don't buy accessories at Verizon either. A lot of the times overpriced. Even best buy can sometimes be unreasonable. With amazon you can also be risking damage to your own device which i'm not sure amazon guarantees they will offer anything for damages except for the product sold.

I always by with caution from them, even if they have an excellent customer service.
    Sure you know need to know what your are buying, for example vI think most people who are on this site are knowledgeable enough to pick the right product when shopping on any online site.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    07-31-2016 03:18 PM
    Most definitely... Accessories that Verizon sells are guaranteed to fit your phone. I bought a spigen case for one of my previous notes. The mic hole was completely covered by the case. Went to Verizon, their cases had the proper cutout for the mic hole.

Also certain protections like lifeproof total water protection which covers water damage is only valid if bought from a Verizon corporate store. Buying a life proof case from amazon would not qualify for the total water protection program, meaning water damage to device would not be covered by lifeproof.
    DasWindows likes this.
    07-31-2016 03:38 PM

Not only do you risk damage to the device but you also risk injury or death,in the case of faulty electrical accessories. While it can happen to genuine Samsung products, Samsung will stand behind their products, and provide compensation even if it exceeds the cost of the device . No name charger manufacturer would just fold up shop and open under a different name tomorrow.

With that said, buying quality parts from amazon is fine, I do it all the time. Just make sure that you research what you are buying.
    DasWindows likes this.
    07-31-2016 03:44 PM
140 123 ...