10-09-2016 08:51 AM
169 12345 ...
tools
    FYI....Just received an email from Otterbox that the Defender is in stock (limited quantities). Just placed my order.
    Nice, please put up some real pictures when you receive it.
    09-15-2016 01:07 PM
    Nice, please put up some real pictures when you receive it.
    Will do! I use the Otterbox Symmetry for daily use on my N7 (and I LOVE it!) but like the Defender for beach trips and extended travel. Was so happy to see it in stock.
    09-15-2016 02:11 PM
    Just placed order on otterbox.com
    09-15-2016 10:47 PM
    I've been waiting for this case to come out, so much I even refused to use the phone without it (not due to the exploding battery fear). I swear by Otterbox honestly. It's the only case I trust. Despite its bulky appearance, I quite like the feel of it in my hand. Anyways, I saw that it was finally out today! Placed an order yesterday (9/15) around the afternoon PST. Just received an email with the shipping info.

Now I only need to find a good screen protector, but maybe the Otterbox screen would be enough.
    09-16-2016 02:39 AM
    Oh, good to see that they're available! I hope Amazon gets theirs/ships soon. I ordered via Amazon weeks ago.
    09-16-2016 11:06 AM
    Interesting on the smaller size these days. I have always overlooked defenders and went with the commuter because I thought they were still HUGE like the note4 days. I may have to check one out since I am in the construction field, I just remeber trying to shove a big ol brick in my pocket back in the days.
    09-18-2016 02:08 AM
    Looks like Mobile fun will have them in about 5 days and they are $45 OtterBox Defender Series Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Case - Black :: MobileFun.com
    09-18-2016 02:35 AM
    I was worried the gorilla glass 5 would scratch but since I've known that Samsung is replacing my phone I've made sure to test it. It's been in my pocket with keys facing the screen on purpose and ive let it drop on its face off the counter a few times onto the tile floor in the bathroom and my wood floors. No scratches. Some how though the first day I got it I put a long scratch on the back of it while I was completely babying it. I have no idea how I got it. I'll probably wait for the reviews then order.
    09-19-2016 11:16 PM
    All right, so I've had the defender on and here's a few thoughts. This case is like previous versions with the plastic screen protector that you could pop out if so desired. The case is slimmer, but fellas tough. Unlike the amazon reviews, I've had no problem with the power and/or volume buttons. They work as they should. The case feels sturdy. Because of the rubber outside, it doesn't slip when holding it. Of the different cases I've tried, this one has one of the easiest access to the s pen. Because of the lip at the bottom, the home button feels flush against the device. Because of the kind of screen protector, it kinda of bubbles out at times and you have to press the screen a little harder. Overall, I'm pleased with it. If anybody has any questions, go ahead and post and I'll respond. Here's a few pictures.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    09-21-2016 04:12 AM
    The screen protector on it doesn't look as thick as the Defender for the S7 Edge and it doesn't look to fit as tight. I have the Defender for the S7 edge and it works great especially the screen protector. Why would they change the design of the screen protector from the Edge that works so great?
    09-21-2016 09:07 AM
    Nice, can you post a couple of pictures showing the inside of the case front & back without the phone in it?

So, the screen protector is the same thin plastic of past Defenders? What happen to this hard looking new screen protector?

OtterBox Defender Note 7.-defender1.jpg
    09-21-2016 09:32 AM
    09-21-2016 11:45 AM
    Nice, can you post a couple of pictures showing the inside of the case front & back without the phone in it?

So, the screen protector is the same thin plastic of past Defenders? What happen to this hard looking new screen protector?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	240168
    One of the Amazon reviewers said that the screen protector for the Note 7 is the usual, thin, floppy clear plastic film. Saw that in his comments section of his review when someone asked the material of the built in screen protector.
    09-21-2016 12:14 PM
    One of the Amazon reviewers said that the screen protector for the Note 7 is the usual, thin, floppy clear plastic film. Saw that in his comments section of his review when someone asked the material of the built in screen protector.
    Either the guy got a counterfeit or generic defender style case, or they changed the design on it and didn't post the new model on Amazon and Otterbox website. Why didn't they just stick with what they used on the edge?
    09-21-2016 03:59 PM
    Just saw another amazon comment on there and they said it's confirmed that is a counterfeit one.
    09-21-2016 04:02 PM
    I took the screen protector off for my note 7. I didn't like it. Every defender case I've had I take the screen protector off. Even tho that people say the site I bought it from was fake. The guy that works at my verizon store had ordered one from otter box website and he looked at mine and said it's the real thing. Then I took it to this guy I know that sells and deals with cases and he said mine not counterfeit.
    09-21-2016 04:14 PM
    Yeah, I ordered it straight from the otterbox website.
    Jewels81 and felloffthetruck like this.
    09-21-2016 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the great pictures
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:23 PM
    I took the screen protector off for my note 7. I didn't like it. Every defender case I've had I take the screen protector off. Even tho that people say the site I bought it from was fake. The guy that works at my verizon store had ordered one from otter box website and he looked at mine and said it's the real thing. Then I took it to this guy I know that sells and deals with cases and he said mine not counterfeit.
    If that's the case I'd go return that and get the Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT. IT's their version of the Defender and is a nice case. No built in screen protector though, but this Note 7 otterbox looks like cheap garbage.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:23 PM
    If that's the case I'd go return that and get the Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT. IT's their version of the Defender and is a nice case. No built in screen protector though, but this Note 7 otterbox looks like cheap garbage.
    Lol imagine what they will look like with future phones😊 thanks. I'll look that up.
    09-21-2016 05:31 PM
    Did it come in retail packaging from Otterbox or just the 3 parts?
    09-21-2016 06:22 PM
    Out of the otterbox package
    09-21-2016 06:24 PM
    So if people are taking off the screen protector, what then makes the Defender better than the Symmetry or Commuter?
    nonie likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:28 PM
    So if people are taking off the screen protector, what then makes the Defender better than the Symmetry or Commuter?
    YOu still have the hard shell plus soft shell around it. The commuter IMO is cheap and flimsy, Symmetry is okay, similar to Supcase but doesn't offer the protection the Defender does.

The Evo Tactical XT IMO is better than the Defender for the Note 7. I have the Defender for the S7 edge and its great so far. If it doesn't hold up I will try something else.
    09-21-2016 07:55 PM
    I'm glad I held off ordering the Defender.
    09-21-2016 09:58 PM
169 12345 ...