10-09-2016 08:51 AM
169 ... 34567
tools
    Do the sides of the Defender rise above the phone screen's edges? Namely, are the sides of the Defender case higher than the glass screen of the phone? I assume the top and bottom lips are higher, but I am interested to know if the sides of the case rise above the screen. Do you think the phone would stay in the case properly with removal of the built in screen protector? Thanks!
    The protector rests on the glass screen. A Youtube video by a female showed her placing the protective cover over a glass protector & showed still sensitive through both layers. I won't bother with that, but may be wise. The top & bottom of the cover are higher than the screen, but not sides, so if you drop the phone face down on other than flat surface, not sure of outcome. Not sure if I would have ordered this after reading reviews, but was already shipped, so decided to keep, as it is working fine for me. Hope that helps.
    09-25-2016 05:36 PM
    The top & bottom of the cover are higher than the screen, but not sides, so if you drop the phone face down on other than flat surface, not sure of outcome.
    Thanks!
    09-25-2016 05:54 PM
    So after a few days of having this thing I had to rip out the screen protector....damn thing kept getting dirt and lint underneath and I found myself taking it off and cleaning it get often. So i just stuck a regular film one on for now and much happier.ither than that cheap screen protector the case itself I love.

Now in the search of a compatible tempered glass one.....
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:00 PM
    So after a few days of having this thing I had to rip out the screen protector....damn thing kept getting dirt and lint underneath and I found myself taking it off and cleaning it get often. So i just stuck a regular film one on for now and much happier.ither than that cheap screen protector the case itself I love.

Now in the search of a compatible tempered glass one.....
    So the Defender still fit well after the removal of the built in screen protector? If I get one, I would likely remove the screen protector. Do you have any issues with the power and volume buttons not being responsive, like the numerous Amazon and Otterbox site reviews complained about?
    09-25-2016 07:07 PM
    So the Defender still fit well after the removal of the built in screen protector? If I get one, I would likely remove the screen protector. Do you have any issues with the power and volume buttons not being responsive, like the numerous Amazon and Otterbox site reviews complained about?
    I got it and I took out built in screen protector and case fit as well as it did with screen protector. I don't have any problems with the power and volume buttons not being responsive. Only problem I've had is the annoying screen protector not being snug on screen and collecting dust etc leading me to take it off.
    09-25-2016 07:25 PM
    I know this is off topic but shoot after seeing her black note 7 I might have verizon let me see the black one in person when I exchange my Blue. Lol. But most likely I'll stay with the blue. Done got too many blue cases lol
    I originally had the blue but at exchange time I looked at the black and had to have it. Plus I didn't like the golfing looking color on the sides of the blue. The black is sexie for sure.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 08:02 PM
    I absolutely do not have problem with buttons on side not working..rubber part of case must be seated in place all around. Funny tho, when hard part of case was on.. side button didn't respond, but after rubber outter portion was attached, it did fine. One annoying thing after using all day is plastic screen cover... I keep missing letters unless I press hard in lower areas or swipe. Trying to be patient with my learning to do that!
    Kangda likes this.
    09-25-2016 08:18 PM
    I originally had the blue but at exchange time I looked at the black and had to have it. Plus I didn't like the golfing looking color on the sides of the blue. The black is sexie for sure.
    Lol yeah the so called rose gold ain't my favorite but to me the blue makes up for it and i barely notice the rose gold cause of my cases. But yeah I'm definitely going to check out the black tuesday.
    09-25-2016 08:25 PM
    Yeah it still works fine.No issues with power button or volume buttons
    Kangda likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:04 PM
    Thanks for commenting on the fit and buttons after removing the screen protector.

How is the Defender with wireless fast charging? I have the Samsung fast charging wireless stand charger. It didn't work with my Note 5 cases in the Defender. Does the Note 7 cased in the Defender work with wireless fast chargers? Thx!
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:14 PM
    Thanks for commenting on the fit and buttons after removing the screen protector.

How is the Defender with wireless fast charging? I have the Samsung fast charging wireless stand charger. It didn't work with my Note 5 cases in the Defender. Does the Note 7 cased in the Defender work with wireless fast chargers? Thx!
    I have the flat Samsung wireless fast charger that I bought for note 5 and it works with my note 7 and defender case.
    Kangda likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:18 PM

Yes, Fast Charge disc works fine, but never has been as speedy as the fast charging cord.
    Kangda and pauldroidr2d2 like this.
    09-25-2016 09:22 PM
    You cannot use the Defender case without the matching screen protector. It clicks together, keeping all secure. I don't know what you'd replace it with that would keep the phone from falling out. Definitely losing touch quality with the plastic protector..does not 100% lay on the phone screen. I think this could be a deal-breaker for the Defender on this phone...the only drawback so far.
    09-25-2016 09:36 PM
    You cannot use the Defender case without the matching screen protector. It clicks together, keeping all secure. I don't know what you'd replace it with that would keep the phone from falling out. Definitely losing touch quality with the plastic protector..does not 100% lay on the phone screen. I think this could be a deal-breaker for the Defender on this phone...the only drawback so far.
    Lol mine stays in snug like it did before i took out screen protector
    Noeone415 likes this.
    09-25-2016 10:24 PM
    Lol mine stays in snug like it did before i took out screen protector
    So you must have actually torn the plastic away from the frame that clicks into place? That makes sense, then. What screen protector are you going to use?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 10:49 PM
    So you must have actually torn the plastic away from the frame that clicks into place? That makes sense, then. What screen protector are you going to use?
    Yes i have😉 I use this screen protector from bestskinsever.com. I got the glossy case fit one and have had it on for bout a month now and love it. It stuck as soon as i applied it and edges have never peeled up. You can buy the one for the screen only or for the whole phone. I got one for screen first order. 2nd time I ordered for the whole phone. Both time I got it 2 or 3 days after i ordered it.
    09-25-2016 10:58 PM
    Yes i have😉 I use this screen protector from bestskinsever.com. I got the glossy case fit one and have had it on for bout a month now and love it. It stuck as soon as i applied it and edges have never peeled up. You can buy the one for the screen only or for the whole phone. I got one for screen first order. 2nd time I ordered for the whole phone. Both time I got it 2 or 3 days after i ordered it.
    Ahh..found the courage to remove the crappy plastic..thank you for that advice! Now to order a decent one. :-)
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 11:07 PM
    Ahh..found the courage to remove the crappy plastic..thank you for that advice! Now to order a decent one. :-)
    You're welcome😎 one more thing....make sure you get left over glue off the case or it will get on phone screen. That was the one part I hated about that lol.
    ticketbabe2 likes this.
    09-25-2016 11:12 PM
    Using a hot hair dryer on the built in screen protector helps to pop it right off! That is what I did for my prior Otterbox Defenders (Note 4, Note 5).
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-25-2016 11:26 PM
    Another brand new youtube review which shows the original design with a screen protector that is not built in but is all one piece of the top part like the pics on amazon show. So it looks like they made two versions of the defender. The original one that they show on their website and in this review looks better.

Really stinks for people who got the version with the terrible screen protector unless those were counterfeit maybe?

09-25-2016 11:48 PM
    Another brand new youtube review which shows the original design with a screen protector that is not built in but is all one piece of the top part like the pics on amazon show. So it looks like they made two versions of the defender. The original one that they show on their website and in this review looks better.

Really stinks for people who got the version with the terrible screen protector unless those were counterfeit maybe?

I'm sorry. I know it's not funny cause the phone shouldn't come out the holster like that but I couldn't help but laugh.
    09-25-2016 11:57 PM
    I'm sorry. I know it's not funny cause the phone shouldn't come out the holster like that but I couldn't help but laugh.
    I swear everything associated with this Note 7 seems to have issues! Battery issue, case issues, and carrier refund and exchange issues and some replacements having the battery drain fast and now the Defender ordeal.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:07 AM
    I swear everything associated with this Note 7 seems to have issues! Battery issue, case issues, and carrier refund and exchange issues and some replacements having the battery drain fast and now the Defender ordeal.
    Lol sadly yeah. But its still one of my favorite phone and one of the few phones I'll stick with no matter what. Unless they completely took it away. This phone has to have break coming soon.
    ticketbabe2 and Jedi215 like this.
    09-26-2016 12:13 AM
    Lol sadly yeah. But its still one of my favorite phone and one of the few phones I'll stick with no matter what. Unless they completely took it away. This phone has to have break coming soon.
    Well I'm sticking with the Edge for now. So for it seems more stable and better battery for me. I hope the S8 Edge is out sooner so I can have the latest thing, and then get the Note 8 later in the year!
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:19 AM
    Well I'm sticking with the Edge for now. So for it seems more stable and better battery for me. I hope the S8 Edge is out sooner so I can have the latest thing, and then get the Note 8 later in the year!
    I know if I change anything.....it might be carriers. I swear i wish verizon didn't have the best coverage in my area.
    Amele likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:23 AM
169 ... 34567