OtterBox Defender Note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Based on their photos, the Note 7 Defender doesn't look too bulky, in fact IMO it doesn't look thick enough which has me a bit concerned.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I buy the defender for every phone I have. I'm a mechanic so it's a must have for me. Need the protection and the belt holster. Not safe to carry a phone in my pocket with my job. Just hoping it gets released before the phone. Otherwise I'll have to buy a cheap knock off until it's released.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I buy the defender for every phone I have. I'm a mechanic so it's a must have for me. Need the protection and the belt holster. Not safe to carry a phone in my pocket with my job. Just hoping it gets released before the phone. Otherwise I'll have to buy a cheap knock off until it's released.

I went ahead and ordered a Supcase since my phone will probably be here before Otterbox releases the Defender because no way in hell I will go naked with this. The Supcase doesn't provide the best of drop protection but it's better than nothing until the Defender is out in a couple weeks.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the the supcase and armorbox. They're the same price and look very similar, but I've never owned either brand before.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I wireless charge at home so this isn't a option for me and the unicorn beetle supcase ghost shell keeps my phone protected without turning it into a tank

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
We have a local kiosk in the mall. I talked to the guy who sells accessories and he assured me that he would have defenders for the note 7 within the next few weeks. I don't know if he knows something I don't or if he was mislead of mistaken. But I'm kinda hoping he knows what he's talking about.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
We have a local kiosk in the mall. I talked to the guy who sells accessories and he assured me that he would have defenders for the note 7 within the next few weeks. I don't know if he knows something I don't or if he was mislead of mistaken. But I'm kinda hoping he knows what he's talking about.

I really like this Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT their defender style case as it's raised along the edges of the case unlike the others. However I would like screen protection so I hope the Defender is out soon.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
1 to 2 months for shipping?!?!? YIKES!

Are there any other SHELL like cases? By shell, I mean - the phone INSIDE the shell, then the rubber piece on the outside? I say that because these don't normally mess with the ZAGG screen protectors like others do.. :)

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
For those of you talking about ripping out the screen protector screen protector in the note7 defender is going to be a much thicker polycarbonate it's not going to be the thin cellophane tape screen protectors we are used to from OtterBox. Since the screen protector is integral I really don't think you'll be able to remove it without seriously damaging the case. There are also rumors that the screen protector is going to be alpha glass or tempered glass.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
For those of you talking about ripping out the screen protector screen protector in the note7 defender is going to be a much thicker polycarbonate it's not going to be the thin cellophane tape screen protectors we are used to from OtterBox. Since the screen protector is integral I really don't think you'll be able to remove it without seriously damaging the case. There are also rumors that the screen protector is going to be alpha glass or tempered glass.

If it's still the same design as what their website and amazon show it looks like some kind of hard, clear plastic will be used since it clips into the backside of the case. I hope it comes out soon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Back up to full price on Amazon now. I wonder if it means they might be having it in soon. Usually when they first come out Amazon sells them for full retail.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

It appears to be identical to the s7 edge defender. That screen was rather easy to remove. If it is the same, Id be more than happy to leave it in. The only downside was the bottom corners and notification bar did require a bit more pressure.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It appears to be identical to the s7 edge defender. That screen was rather easy to remove. If it is the same, Id be more than happy to leave it in. The only downside was the bottom corners and notification bar did require a bit more pressure.

This appears to be different though. The entire top half of the shell will be the screen protector and snaps into the bottom part of the shell so there will be no screen protector to remove.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This appears to be different though. The entire top half of the shell will be the screen protector and snaps into the bottom part of the shell so there will be no screen protector to remove.
You are correct, I just saw the other thread with amazons images. I gotta say it looks so much better than previous models.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey