OtterBox Defender Note 7.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Nice, can you post a couple of pictures showing the inside of the case front & back without the phone in it?

So, the screen protector is the same thin plastic of past Defenders? What happen to this hard looking new screen protector?

defender1.jpg

Ingeneious

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
b208c8bc322f2d57df7109254aadee03.jpg
c5ed8f8524d4706fdaeee3f134bb3ec3.jpg
c1253079682b8f1ab0e82c540be19467.jpg
ef62fc0fad8d01f501cb15537c3a6c5f.jpg

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Nice, can you post a couple of pictures showing the inside of the case front & back without the phone in it?

So, the screen protector is the same thin plastic of past Defenders? What happen to this hard looking new screen protector?

View attachment 240168

One of the Amazon reviewers said that the screen protector for the Note 7 is the usual, thin, floppy clear plastic film. Saw that in his comments section of his review when someone asked the material of the built in screen protector.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
One of the Amazon reviewers said that the screen protector for the Note 7 is the usual, thin, floppy clear plastic film. Saw that in his comments section of his review when someone asked the material of the built in screen protector.

Either the guy got a counterfeit or generic defender style case, or they changed the design on it and didn't post the new model on Amazon and Otterbox website. Why didn't they just stick with what they used on the edge?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I took the screen protector off for my note 7. I didn't like it. Every defender case I've had I take the screen protector off. Even tho that people say the site I bought it from was fake. The guy that works at my verizon store had ordered one from otter box website and he looked at mine and said it's the real thing. Then I took it to this guy I know that sells and deals with cases and he said mine not counterfeit.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I took the screen protector off for my note 7. I didn't like it. Every defender case I've had I take the screen protector off. Even tho that people say the site I bought it from was fake. The guy that works at my verizon store had ordered one from otter box website and he looked at mine and said it's the real thing. Then I took it to this guy I know that sells and deals with cases and he said mine not counterfeit.

If that's the case I'd go return that and get the Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT. IT's their version of the Defender and is a nice case. No built in screen protector though, but this Note 7 otterbox looks like cheap garbage.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If that's the case I'd go return that and get the Tech 21 Tactical Evo XT. IT's their version of the Defender and is a nice case. No built in screen protector though, but this Note 7 otterbox looks like cheap garbage.

Lol imagine what they will look like with future phones😊 thanks. I'll look that up.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So if people are taking off the screen protector, what then makes the Defender better than the Symmetry or Commuter?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So if people are taking off the screen protector, what then makes the Defender better than the Symmetry or Commuter?

YOu still have the hard shell plus soft shell around it. The commuter IMO is cheap and flimsy, Symmetry is okay, similar to Supcase but doesn't offer the protection the Defender does.

The Evo Tactical XT IMO is better than the Defender for the Note 7. I have the Defender for the S7 edge and its great so far. If it doesn't hold up I will try something else.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Evo Tactical XT IMO is better than the Defender for the Note 7. I have the Defender for the S7 edge and its great so far. If it doesn't hold up I will try something else.

Evo looks like a less appealing copy of the
Unicorn Beetle Pro, which I am using and is a great case. (I am in the construction field) Unicorn Beetle Pro can be found at Amazon for Less than $20, compared to the Evo at around $50.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Cheers to this! The Tech 21 EVO Tactical is my front runner choice for the Note 7 after reading the poor Defender reviews. Even the user reviews on the Otterbox site are saying it is terrible. I've been a big fan of the Defender for all my prior phones (after removing the built in screen protector and replacing with tempered glass), but sounds like the Note 7 Defender is disappointing. The Tech 21 Tactical is protective without looking bulky, but more importantly provides the much needed edge screen protection.

I've read that the S7 Edge Defender cases didn't fit well after removal of the built in screen protector. Does anyone know if the Note 7 Defender is a good fit still if the screen protector is removed and replaced with a standard screen protector? I recall users saying that removing the S7 Edge built in made the entire case too loose fitting, and that the built in protector helped keep the phone in the case. I would still consider the Note 7 Defender if the screen protector can be removed and replaced, and the case still fits it properly.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad Otterbox had a problem authorizing my credit card and did not ship the Defender case I ordered.

After reading the reviews and seeing the pictures, I think I'll pass on the defender. :(

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad Otterbox had a problem authorizing my credit card and did not ship the Defender case I ordered.

After reading the reviews and seeing the pictures, I think I'll pass on the defender. :(

I would get the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for it. Next best thing. The Supcase is kind of cheap and not as durable. The XT case also protects the edges nicely. I'm sure more defender style cases will be out eventually for it though.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I would get the Tech21 Evo Tactical XT for it. Next best thing. The Supcase is kind of cheap and not as durable. The XT case also protects the edges nicely. I'm sure more defender style cases will be out eventually for it though.

Blues, do you have this case?

Where can I see some good pictures of the Tech 21 Evo Tactical case? Is the inside of this case soft rubber or hard plastic?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon