OtterBox Defender Note 7.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Do the sides of the Defender rise above the phone screen's edges? Namely, are the sides of the Defender case higher than the glass screen of the phone? I assume the top and bottom lips are higher, but I am interested to know if the sides of the case rise above the screen. Do you think the phone would stay in the case properly with removal of the built in screen protector? Thanks!
The protector rests on the glass screen. A Youtube video by a female showed her placing the protective cover over a glass protector & showed still sensitive through both layers. I won't bother with that, but may be wise. The top & bottom of the cover are higher than the screen, but not sides, so if you drop the phone face down on other than flat surface, not sure of outcome. Not sure if I would have ordered this after reading reviews, but was already shipped, so decided to keep, as it is working fine for me. Hope that helps.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
So after a few days of having this thing I had to rip out the screen protector....damn thing kept getting dirt and lint underneath and I found myself taking it off and cleaning it get often. So i just stuck a regular film one on for now and much happier.ither than that cheap screen protector the case itself I love.

Now in the search of a compatible tempered glass one.....

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
So after a few days of having this thing I had to rip out the screen protector....damn thing kept getting dirt and lint underneath and I found myself taking it off and cleaning it get often. So i just stuck a regular film one on for now and much happier.ither than that cheap screen protector the case itself I love.

Now in the search of a compatible tempered glass one.....

So the Defender still fit well after the removal of the built in screen protector? If I get one, I would likely remove the screen protector. Do you have any issues with the power and volume buttons not being responsive, like the numerous Amazon and Otterbox site reviews complained about?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So the Defender still fit well after the removal of the built in screen protector? If I get one, I would likely remove the screen protector. Do you have any issues with the power and volume buttons not being responsive, like the numerous Amazon and Otterbox site reviews complained about?

I got it and I took out built in screen protector and case fit as well as it did with screen protector. I don't have any problems with the power and volume buttons not being responsive. Only problem I've had is the annoying screen protector not being snug on screen and collecting dust etc leading me to take it off.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I know this is off topic but shoot after seeing her black note 7 I might have verizon let me see the black one in person when I exchange my Blue. Lol. But most likely I'll stay with the blue. Done got too many blue cases lol

I originally had the blue but at exchange time I looked at the black and had to have it. Plus I didn't like the golfing looking color on the sides of the blue. The black is sexie for sure.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely do not have problem with buttons on side not working..rubber part of case must be seated in place all around. Funny tho, when hard part of case was on.. side button didn't respond, but after rubber outter portion was attached, it did fine. One annoying thing after using all day is plastic screen cover... I keep missing letters unless I press hard in lower areas or swipe. Trying to be patient with my learning to do that!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I originally had the blue but at exchange time I looked at the black and had to have it. Plus I didn't like the golfing looking color on the sides of the blue. The black is sexie for sure.

Lol yeah the so called rose gold ain't my favorite but to me the blue makes up for it and i barely notice the rose gold cause of my cases. But yeah I'm definitely going to check out the black tuesday.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for commenting on the fit and buttons after removing the screen protector.

How is the Defender with wireless fast charging? I have the Samsung fast charging wireless stand charger. It didn't work with my Note 5 cases in the Defender. Does the Note 7 cased in the Defender work with wireless fast chargers? Thx!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for commenting on the fit and buttons after removing the screen protector.

How is the Defender with wireless fast charging? I have the Samsung fast charging wireless stand charger. It didn't work with my Note 5 cases in the Defender. Does the Note 7 cased in the Defender work with wireless fast chargers? Thx!

I have the flat Samsung wireless fast charger that I bought for note 5 and it works with my note 7 and defender case.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

Yes, Fast Charge disc works fine, but never has been as speedy as the fast charging cord.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
You cannot use the Defender case without the matching screen protector. It clicks together, keeping all secure. I don't know what you'd replace it with that would keep the phone from falling out. Definitely losing touch quality with the plastic protector..does not 100% lay on the phone screen. I think this could be a deal-breaker for the Defender on this phone...the only drawback so far.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You cannot use the Defender case without the matching screen protector. It clicks together, keeping all secure. I don't know what you'd replace it with that would keep the phone from falling out. Definitely losing touch quality with the plastic protector..does not 100% lay on the phone screen. I think this could be a deal-breaker for the Defender on this phone...the only drawback so far.

Lol mine stays in snug like it did before i took out screen protector

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So you must have actually torn the plastic away from the frame that clicks into place? That makes sense, then. What screen protector are you going to use?

Yes i have😉 I use this screen protector from bestskinsever.com. I got the glossy case fit one and have had it on for bout a month now and love it. It stuck as soon as i applied it and edges have never peeled up. You can buy the one for the screen only or for the whole phone. I got one for screen first order. 2nd time I ordered for the whole phone. Both time I got it 2 or 3 days after i ordered it.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes i have😉 I use this screen protector from bestskinsever.com. I got the glossy case fit one and have had it on for bout a month now and love it. It stuck as soon as i applied it and edges have never peeled up. You can buy the one for the screen only or for the whole phone. I got one for screen first order. 2nd time I ordered for the whole phone. Both time I got it 2 or 3 days after i ordered it.
Ahh..found the courage to remove the crappy plastic..thank you for that advice! Now to order a decent one. :)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ahh..found the courage to remove the crappy plastic..thank you for that advice! Now to order a decent one. :)

You're welcome😎 one more thing....make sure you get left over glue off the case or it will get on phone screen. That was the one part I hated about that lol.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Using a hot hair dryer on the built in screen protector helps to pop it right off! That is what I did for my prior Otterbox Defenders (Note 4, Note 5).

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Another brand new youtube review which shows the original design with a screen protector that is not built in but is all one piece of the top part like the pics on amazon show. So it looks like they made two versions of the defender. The original one that they show on their website and in this review looks better.

Really stinks for people who got the version with the terrible screen protector unless those were counterfeit maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIL1kC-HSa8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza