OtterBox Defender Note 7.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Another brand new youtube review which shows the original design with a screen protector that is not built in but is all one piece of the top part like the pics on amazon show. So it looks like they made two versions of the defender. The original one that they show on their website and in this review looks better.

Really stinks for people who got the version with the terrible screen protector unless those were counterfeit maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIL1kC-HSa8

I'm sorry. I know it's not funny cause the phone shouldn't come out the holster like that but I couldn't help but laugh.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry. I know it's not funny cause the phone shouldn't come out the holster like that but I couldn't help but laugh.

I swear everything associated with this Note 7 seems to have issues! Battery issue, case issues, and carrier refund and exchange issues and some replacements having the battery drain fast and now the Defender ordeal.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I swear everything associated with this Note 7 seems to have issues! Battery issue, case issues, and carrier refund and exchange issues and some replacements having the battery drain fast and now the Defender ordeal.

Lol sadly yeah. But its still one of my favorite phone and one of the few phones I'll stick with no matter what. Unless they completely took it away. This phone has to have break coming soon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lol sadly yeah. But its still one of my favorite phone and one of the few phones I'll stick with no matter what. Unless they completely took it away. This phone has to have break coming soon.

Well I'm sticking with the Edge for now. So for it seems more stable and better battery for me. I hope the S8 Edge is out sooner so I can have the latest thing, and then get the Note 8 later in the year!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm sticking with the Edge for now. So for it seems more stable and better battery for me. I hope the S8 Edge is out sooner so I can have the latest thing, and then get the Note 8 later in the year!

I know if I change anything.....it might be carriers. I swear i wish verizon didn't have the best coverage in my area.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Verizon coverage is bad in our area And now we found out my fiancé gets a discount with AT&T. So we are switching. I have a LG V10 now. I absolutely loved this phone.... After the update and now the battery life is pure garbage. So I think I am switching to the note 7 when we switch carriers.

Last edited:

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Some of you are complaining about battery not lasting.. Have you checked what is draining it? I had to uninstall Firefox for that reason, using 70% at times...crazy.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Another brand new youtube review which shows the original design with a screen protector that is not built in but is all one piece of the top part like the pics on amazon show. So it looks like they made two versions of the defender. The original one that they show on their website and in this review looks better.

Really stinks for people who got the version with the terrible screen protector unless those were counterfeit maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIL1kC-HSa8

This looks like a FAKE china case if I've ever seen one.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This actually looks more like the real thing than any of the others. That looks like the pictures from the otterbox website. I'll buy one of I get one like that.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Otterbox Defender on order from Amazon since August. I'm still planning to try that one first and if it doesn't work out look for something else. Has anyone had any experience with the Zizo case? I really like the look of it for the Note 7.

https://www.zizowireless.com/produc...-edge-to-edge-tempered-glass-screen-protector

I have one for the note 5 and S6 Edge Plus. Great cases. Not bulky and reliable. I don't have that same one for note 7 yet. Right now I have a blue and black zizo case for note 7 that is without belt clip. I think this design is better. Just wish it had a clip. If you you interested I can try and post a link later tonight when i get off work

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Otterbox Defender on order from Amazon since August. I'm still planning to try that one first and if it doesn't work out look for something else. Has anyone had any experience with the Zizo case? I really like the look of it for the Note 7.

https://www.zizowireless.com/produc...-edge-to-edge-tempered-glass-screen-protector

Actually go to that link you posted and and search note 7 cases and the first pic is the black one and it the one that cost 16.99. I got the black and blue. That case feels better than the one you looking at. But both are great cases

wavizz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually go to that link you posted and and search note 7 cases and the first pic is the black one and it the one that cost 16.99. I got the black and blue. That case feels better than the one you looking at. But both are great cases

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine straight from otterbox. Thebone pictures here is S7. My wife has it and its amazing. My note 7 was case has a flimsy screen protector that I have to take offthe clean twice a day because it lifting up and lint is getting under it. I'm very disappointed.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I had this first before the defender. I found the protective lip on the front top and bottom was smaller than the speigen. After 2 weeks the thinner bottom part of the rubber began to stretch out and stay stretched out. I was not happy with it at all.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes i have😉 I use this screen protector from bestskinsever.com. I got the glossy case fit one and have had it on for bout a month now and love it. It stuck as soon as i applied it and edges have never peeled up. You can buy the one for the screen only or for the whole phone. I got one for screen first order. 2nd time I ordered for the whole phone. Both time I got it 2 or 3 days after i ordered it.

Do you use this with the defender does it cover the egdes fully

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got mine straight from otterbox. Thebone pictures here is S7. My wife has it and its amazing. My note 7 was case has a flimsy screen protector that I have to take offthe clean twice a day because it lifting up and lint is getting under it. I'm very disappointed.

That sucks. As I posted, it seems Otterbox is using two different types of screen protectors. The one pictured on their website and on Amazon which looks like hard plastic and all one piece, or the other traditional kind like you have that is flimsy and junk like on most other Defender cases. I wish they would be consistent with these. I wouldn't want to spend big $$ and get the flimsy kind.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Do you use this with the defender does it cover the egdes fully

Yes I do. I got the case fit so it don't completely cover the edges but there is only a tiny part of each of the edges that aren't covered. So you wouldn't even notice unless you looking for it. You have 2 options to choose from case fit and regular where all the edges are covered. I chose the case fit cause didnt want to take a chance that the edges would peel up when putting on or taking off cases. It works great in defender case with or without the defender built in screen protector. I just didn't like the defender screen protector so tool it out lol. Sorry took so long getting back to you. Just now seeing this. Just know these are wet apply kind. Dishing washing detergent and water is all you need. Helps alot with keeping fingerprints off the inside of screen protector when putting it on.