Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

MarcoB2

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the Curved Tempered Glass Display Protector at the Verizon retail store today. It's super case friendly (works with my Otterbox Commuter case) and the glass protects the curved edges. I love it!
Looking forward to hearing how it holds up in time, and whether you start noticing edges or center of the protector losing contact with the screen.

MarcoB2

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Can someone explain why you guys are still wasting money on tempered screen protector? Has anyone even taking a look at the S7 Edge thread (on XDX) and realize you're just throwing money away? That device been device been out for a few months and they still haven't found one that works.

Give it up already get a film protector and stop throwing money in the trash.
Do film protectors have tendency to peel of from curved edges?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Dude, you still in the Hospital? You better get the hell out of there soon. ;)

Hiya, naw,, I am out the hospital. :D.. However, I took delivery of my Note 7 while I was in the hospital.. Put on the Sparin Temp Glass, , Tough Armour case all on my hospital bed.. Now, I am Off to the races.. :D

Here is what I have found out about the Sparin. When I installed it, it look good, little space in between the case and the glass..No worry, no bubbles and full protection..

A few more days down the line, and I noticed some specs, like dust, etc.. Now, I am ready to return and get one of the clear jobs. Since I am thinking about returning I lift it off. Then I see that the glue or sticky is only on the top and bottom curved and colored part of the glass.. Okay, I take a wipe and first wipe off the Note 7 screen, then I wipe off the Sparin on the inside. That cleaned the dust away, and then I gently put it back. All dust gone.. Another note, this is supposed to be glass, but it seems to some sort of glass/plastic..Anyway, it is working now, and if that take off and put back doesn't harm the glass, I be okay with this.. This will give me protection, frequent cleaning, and compared to a naked Note 7, no distortion..

So, I am keeping the Sparin, because now I see I have a take off/put back on option which is good. I will contact Sparin to see if this is real glass or plastic. If it turns out to be some new type plastic, I will tell them they have to alter this description of Temp Glass.
Still waiting my 256gb sd card, when that comes, will do a full factory reset and get my files transfered from my Note 4 to the Note 7..

cheers

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Explaining the Sparin Note 7 Tempered Glass.

Sparin got back to me, and assured me that their glass is glass. They also told me they put it through a process, that when finish, it does have that plastic like trait, but it is glass.
Here is part of there explanation.
(quote)
Here is the reason that this glass screen protector may looks like "made of
plastic":

During the 4.5 hours aging testing, the glass soak in sodium metasilicate, which made the
molecular structure different than before. (Higher density then before).
For mobile phone screen protector, since the surface area not big, you will feel it is
glass; But for Tablet protector, the surface area much larger, so the higher density may
lead you think it is plastic.(end quote)

After cleaning my Sparing off, and reattaching it to my Note 7, it is clean, and in place...I am keeping it, and no way I am going naked. I have heard some stories about how easy the screen on the Note 7 can get scratched.

At this point, I am giving the Sparin a THUMBS UP..I am anxious to see that in 2 weeks, they still get the thumbs up.. :D

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Can someone explain why you guys are still wasting money on tempered screen protector?
Give it up already get a film protector and stop throwing money in the trash.
The main theme of most people who have been getting glass is they want scratch protection (in part due to the video that was showing it scratch eaisly - and that has been refuted saying that the devices attempting to create the scratches where themselves breaking down, or leaving residue from previous tests on other devices). Regardless what good is a film protector going to do compared to a hard glass to prevent scratching? With film you'll get the film stretching around the area that has impact and possibly cutting if the area of impact is sharp. The film moves out of the way of the implement scratching and the film itself can be scratched as well as the object that is underneath it (the screen). Film protectors are soft pliable materials that may provide slight cushioning, but aren't going to do much if anything against sharp, pointed, jagged objects.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Like many of you, I have been debating/researching the prospects of using a tempered glass screen protector for my Note 7. I thought I would share what I've done so far! First of all, I only use the rubberized case/holster that are prevalent on Amazon under different brand names, mines a Cell Bee. Before I discuss the glass screen protector, notice how I've customized the phones case, by drilling holes in the back. This is to allow the heat generated by the battery, especially during charging. Kind'f proud of this, it really works. I didn't want to have to remove the case every time I charge the phone (using a wireless charger).
OK, the screen protector: I'm using a Sparin tempered glass. Installation was fairly easy, they use adhesive hinges to align it, which works well. After installation, I found that the phone did not slide out of the holster, so I had to sand off the little lip that it had, which allowed the phone to slide easily out.
The bottom line, I may not keep the screen protector on the phone! It has diminished the sensitivity of the screen, and you can hear that adhesive rising noise when you press down on the corners.
I've got a screen protector coming that doesn't go around the edge, but I really don't like that solution, either. So, this may be the first phone that I have that goes naked...please do your job gorilla glass 5!

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
As unappealing as it is, the partial-screen tempered glass may be the way to go on the Note 7. The only question is if there's an issue using a case with it.
I finally finished reading all 8 pages of this thread. My conclusion is not to get a curved screen protector. I'm considering either the IQ Shield (Tempered glass) flat or the Official Samsung plastic film. Again flat, not curved.
I already have this case which is great:
Galaxy Note 7 Case, Spigen® [Rugged Armor]
Amazon ~$10
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Resi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5364473

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am really having no issues with my Verizon glass screen protector with one exception. There is a very tiny rainbow effect in one spot IF I HOLD IT AT A CERTAIN ANGLE TO THE AMBIENT LIGHT and even with that, I really have to look hard to see it..

No issue at all with screen sensitivity both with finger and pen, no tapping or creaking noises, etc. It's not the best glass I have ever owned but it's not that rubbery, sticky, filthy PET crap either :) Good thing all you who don't like creaking and popping don't have my knees :)

Life is full of compromises.....this is an easy one to accept for $30.

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Can someone post a link to the Samsung branded screen protectors that usable with the Note 7? This is unbelievable that it's this tough to find something to protect this phone. I ordered 2 Spigen cases like a week and a half ago, and they keep getting pushed back (available 8/22- then 8/23, then 8/24, etc etc), and now I'm paranoid about the front. This is coming from someone who NEVER uses cases... ever. I'm about to use my newly Nougat infected Nexus until these Spigen cases get delivered from Amazon.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Can someone post a link to the Samsung branded screen protectors that usable with the Note 7? This is unbelievable that it's this tough to find something to protect this phone. I ordered 2 Spigen cases like a week and a half ago, and they keep getting pushed back (available 8/22- then 8/23, then 8/24, etc etc), and now I'm paranoid about the front. This is coming from someone who NEVER uses cases... ever. I'm about to use my newly Nougat infected Nexus until these Spigen cases get delivered from Amazon.

It's here: Official Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector :: MobileFun.com but it's not glass.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I returned mine today, wait till you use it some more, you will notice how bad the sensitivity is. My official Samsung protector will be here Friday, I am going to hold off installing the Alpha Glass until I try it.

You're right. The screen protector is terrible, but not because of the sensitivity. It's because the protector doesn't go all the way down along the sides of the curved screen and allows dirt to get under the screen.

I hope the Otterbox Defender case for the Note 7 is just as good as the Defender case for the S7 edge because every screen protector I tried for the Note 7 absolutely sucks.

MarcoB2

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I used to have Otterbox Defender case for my old phone, and the rubber part of the case started falling apart, first at the port flaps that I kept gluing on, and in several months it fell apart completely.

Did anyone else have similar long term experience with Otterbox? There's always a possibility that I had a counterfeit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol