10-09-2016 05:14 PM
311 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    was about to get the bubbles out the official samsung screen protector.. i didn't remove the protector to get them out.. i just use my nails to get them out few hours later after i installed it. I did trim the corner as that was lifting, i got more trimming to do, just b/c i probably didn't get align perfect..
    Attached Thumbnails Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-3mvopbs.jpg  
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-28-2016 11:48 AM
    So, let me get this straight... the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which is estimated to sell like 15 million pieces by year end, has been out for six business days and no one has been able to come up with a quality tempered glass screen protector that works with a wide range of cases? What has happened to the Technology Industry? They used to be all over this kind of thing! I had a quality screen protector, case and wireless charger for my Note 5 before the Note 5 ever shipped last year!!! What the hell?

Edit: I will give them "The curved edges does sort throw them a curve ball, I guess!"
    08-28-2016 04:42 PM
    So, let me get this straight... the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which is estimated to sell like 15 million pieces by year end, has been out for six business days and no one has been able to come up with a quality tempered glass screen protector that works with a wide range of cases? What has happened to the Technology Industry? They used to be all over this kind of thing! I had a quality screen protector, case and wireless charger for my Note 5 before the Note 5 ever shipped last year!!! What the hell?

Edit: I will give them "The curved edges does sort throw them a curve ball, I guess!"
    It's not the screen protectors that have the problem, it's the case manufacturers.
    jimd1050 and CehowardNote7 like this.
    08-28-2016 04:56 PM
    6 days with the Verizon glass curved screen protector and still think it is the best compromise to date.
    Still no sensitivity issues.
    Yes, a minor amount of rainbow IF I LOOK FOR IT but certainly not visible during normal use.
    No clicking. No lifting sides / corners
    No dust under the screen.
    No issues with three different cases including the perfect TPU case that I have had on every Note and phone I have ever owned from Diztronic.

My wife and I both are using this glass protector on our Note 7's and she is pickier than I am and has no issues either.
    jimd1050 and delynnie like this.
    08-29-2016 09:38 AM

WTH have you been? This has been going on since the S6 Edge. Welcome to the party man.
    Pinhead117 likes this.
    08-29-2016 02:18 PM
    It seems that all the big manufacturers are having difficulty making tempered glass screen protectors for the curved phones. I'm sort of resigned to the fact that I will be using the plastic films by Zagg. Or nothing and a heavy duty case.
    08-29-2016 04:06 PM
    Yeah, the curved screen party!!
    08-29-2016 04:07 PM
    WTH have you been?
    I've been using a flat Note 4, then flat Note 5 - my Note 7 is my first "dance" with a curved phone I guess you'd say. That's WTH I've been! :-)
    Pinhead117 likes this.
    08-29-2016 04:40 PM
    Anybody came up with the best temp glass to use with the Note 7??????

In the meantime, I have got real comfortable in the way the Sparin Temp Glass works with my Note 7.. It is curved and colored, and I have it mated to a Spigen Tough Armour case.

The other day, my 256 sd card came, I blew the first configuration of my Note 7, so this time, I took it to the Samsung booth at Best Buy to do a Factory Reset,and transfer all my files off my Note 4 to the Note 7. To my amazement, the Samsung people were working with my Note 7 with the Sparin Temp Glass installed, and no sensitively issues at all.
    The Sparin allows to me to take it off, clean the naked Note 7 screen, clean the inside of the Sparin temp glass, and then REINSTALL. No issues of falling off or anything. The taking on on and off, allows me to clean any dust that happens to get in there after 3 or 4 days. And the Sparin reattaches with ease.

I informed Sparin of the fact that after 3 or 4 days, some dust particles might show up, and that I was taking it off, cleaning it and reattaching it, and that was working.

Sparin responded by sending me another Sparin Temp Glass for free, as back up.

Also, at the Samsung booth, I had the new VR, and the Samsung reps NEEDED to remove the temp glass in order for it to work..IMO, another plus for the Sparin take off/put on feature.

IMO, if a Note 7 owner has a VR, and temp glass on their Note 7, and the VR doesn't like the temp glass, and if the temp glass is one of those flat or sticky stuff all over, what will happen then?

Just saying...

comments??
    08-30-2016 02:11 PM
    Looks good
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-31-2016 12:43 AM
    The Sparin Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector works great!
    08-31-2016 08:56 PM
    I'm on my 4th screen protector from Zagg. I will just keep going to Best Buy to have them replace it I guess.
    08-31-2016 09:25 PM
    I'm on my 4th screen protector from Zagg. I will just keep going to Best Buy to have them replace it I guess.
    I have gone through 3 zagg protectors now
    08-31-2016 10:58 PM
    So after watching a lot of youtube reviews (so many searches) I bought the JETech glass screen protector. 2 youtubers showed no rainbow.

So it works with cases ill give you that. But it has the dot matrix but the worst thing is because there is only adhesive on the top and bottom the sides are exposed. I have a case that wraps around but still dust got under it on my few hours. I pulled it off.

Fun fact lint rollers are amazing at removing dust from your phone with no residue (my dust sticker was thrown away after first install).

This morning I saw an eyelash halfway in and i yanked it out from under before that sucker could ruin my day.

Beware.
    09-01-2016 07:07 AM
    I am having problems finding this to buy, where do you get it do you have a link?
    09-01-2016 08:02 AM
    09-01-2016 09:05 AM
    I am wondering if Verizon is modifying theirs. Out of stock everywhere around here and not currently available for the stores to order in either.
    09-01-2016 12:08 PM
    I don't think there is any solution. Either to do the tempered glass where it does not cover the curves or just keep having the Zagg replaced. Best Buy will eventually get tired of changing it and refund my money. I don't see them replacing it every week. I let my phone sit for 48 hours after the last one. As soon as I put my case on my phone, the sides started peeling.
    09-01-2016 12:34 PM
    Just got this tempered glass protector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5384895

And am using it with this case

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GI...cUvbUpU5384895

So far so good.. took a lil work to get it to sit flush with the entire screen, and I do have to press slightly (when I say slightly, I mean slightly) harder to type, but it's not bad.
    09-01-2016 04:09 PM
    Same thing I've been doing with my Pure Gear from T-Mobile... On #3 so far and this is the best yet but still have the edges on tbe sides lifting ever so slightly so it's only a matter of time til dirt seeps in...
    09-01-2016 04:27 PM
    Well forget about the screen protectors, now we gotta deal with a recall of the phone.
    left4dead likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:36 AM
    Hopefully with the battery issue recall, Samsung will also address the GG5 and "surprise" us with an improved version.
    09-02-2016 10:53 AM
    Hopefully with the battery issue recall, Samsung will also address the GG5 and "surprise" us with an improved version.
    That would be great but doubtful. This doesnt put the customer "at risk for danger" This does give people the opportunity to complain to their carriers and get reimbursement for their current protectors. Samsung said it will be a few weeks so hopefully someone will have a decent protector by then.
    09-02-2016 12:51 PM
    It's not the screen protectors that have the problem, it's the case manufacturers.
    Well it's not just the case manufactures. The screen protectors are far from useful. They either don't fit right, don't adhere, don't function, lost clarity, lose screen sensitivity, or allow debris to get under them. It's at least one of those things for all of them.
    09-03-2016 09:44 AM
    Well it's not just the case manufactures. The screen protectors are far from useful. They either don't fit right, don't adhere, don't function, lost clarity, lose screen sensitivity, or allow debris to get under them. It's at least one of those things for all of them.
    Actually, that isn't the case. The screen protectors are fine - granted the adhesion leaves something to be desired (I use a bit of silicone seal to fix that), but most cases push up on the screen protector - that causes the lost sensitivity and debris. Use a screen protector w/o a case, it most will be fine.

The tempered glass needs to wrap, but the cases need to account for that.
    09-03-2016 10:09 AM
311 ... 89101112 ...