10-09-2016 05:14 PM
311 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Sorry for not searching but has anyone put a non curved tempered glass cover on? Does it look dumb that the edges are not covered? I got non temp glass screen protector just to get me by as I didn't really see any good ones on amazon as of yet but the curved non-glass one sucked.
    08-20-2016 01:37 PM
    I installed the flat Xtreme Guard Spartan tempered glass a couple of hours ago.
    Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-img_3851.jpg

Pros:
    Case Friendly
    Offers some protection to the front of the screen.

Cons:
    Very narrow coverage area.
    Does not feel as slick as the screen or my previous tempered glass protector on my old phone. (Harder to do things that require you to drag your finger around. E.g. 'swipe to text'. This may work itself out with use.)
    My install haloed pretty badly. (My last tempered glass install, albeit I used a different brand on my Note 4, did not halo. Not sure if this is the fault of this screen protector or not. But worth mentioning.)

I was too nervous to continue going without anything on the screen, and it's more or less what I expected, so I can live with it for right this moment until I can find a viable alternative.
    mabelpines likes this.
    08-20-2016 02:03 PM
    My install haloed pretty badly.
    I suspect that any glass that doesn't extend to the edge would halo badly - just the nature of the glass edge. Unfortunately, that may be the only option for glass on the N7.
    08-20-2016 02:30 PM
    I purchased a curved tempered protector from verizon and it is PERFECT. covers edges, looks great, works well with pen. Definitely the best option right now. Downside: $24 with 25% off
    CehowardNote7 and dss2000 like this.
    08-20-2016 04:38 PM
    Sparin curved and colored glass. Mated with Spigen Tough Armor case..

Works well for me. But, what works for me, might be a disaster for someone else..

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spar00.jpg

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spar08.jpg

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spar220.jpg

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spar47.jpg

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spar53.jpg
    Preach2k, tntiger and jp6812 like this.
    08-20-2016 05:30 PM
    Zagg is making glass for the Note 7. I am sure it will work fine even with a case.
    Thought the same thing until Zagg finally came out with a gs7 edge tempered glass. If you like space between your screen and glass go for it. Haven't seen one decent screen protector yet for the note 7. If anyone on here finds one please share. Zaggs HD screen is to big. Speck case will touch it....😜
    08-20-2016 06:29 PM
    Does this tempered glass have only adhesive on the 4 corners and not over entire glass?
    08-20-2016 06:32 PM
    I purchased a curved tempered protector from verizon and it is PERFECT. covers edges, looks great, works well with pen. Definitely the best option right now. Downside: $24 with 25% off
    Can you confirm this after 12/24 hours? No peeling, full adherence to the screen? Could you possibly provide a photo?
    08-21-2016 01:32 AM
    IMO, the CURVED temp glass is the way to go. The curved glass takes away all the placement problems. Also, IMO, the CASE has a big part on how the glass fits. With case A glass fits perfect. With case B, the fit is horrible. IMO, that is why we are hearing so many different outcomes with temp glass on the Note 7.
    08-21-2016 08:01 AM
    Does this tempered glass have only adhesive on the 4 corners and not over entire glass?
    The tempered glass protectors only have adhesive on the top and bottom - there is no adhesive above the LCD screen. That's why none will stay on very long.
    08-21-2016 08:14 AM
    I have the Zagg HD InvisibleShield on, installed perfectly by a young kid at BestBuy. It's perfect. However, I let it dry and attempted to put it into a Tech 21 Evo Frame--a DISASTER! the case kept wrinkling up the bottom side of the Zagg InvisibleShield! It's being returned to BBNote 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20160821_140550.jpg
    08-21-2016 01:09 PM
    How about this one from Zizo? Has anyone tried this brand before?

https://www.zizowireless.com/collect...nt=25420344963
    08-21-2016 03:02 PM
    Hey all!

Hope This helps anyone looking for a Samsung official screen protector. I will link the YouTube video below so you can actually see the installation of this screen protector it protects all the way to the edges. It also has no touch or S pen problems at all. I bought mine after I had 3 failed attempts with other companies who sold bogus glass attempered curved protective whatever you wanna call them. Lol. Anyways hope this helps people who are looking or are in need thingy is awesome and the ship all over! Good luck!

08-21-2016 06:18 PM
    Great..thanks. looks like the same.subg official is the way to go.
    08-21-2016 08:22 PM
    Where did you buy the official Samsung screen protector? I don't see it on Samsung's website to order.
    08-21-2016 08:33 PM
    also wondering where to click "buy".... wtf?
    08-21-2016 08:48 PM
    I bought the same case, the clear version and added the Pure-Gear Extreme Impact screen protector. All is good on my end.
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-21-2016 09:48 PM
    I installed the flat Xtreme Guard Spartan tempered glass a couple of hours ago.

I was too nervous to continue going without anything on the screen, and it's more or less what I expected, so I can live with it for right this moment until I can find a viable alternative.
    Thanks for sharing the picture, it is indeed quite narrow. It's so frustrating as it is really the edges I'm worried about most

Hey all!

Hope This helps anyone looking for a Samsung official screen protector. I will link the YouTube video below so you can actually see the installation of this screen protector it protects all the way to the edges. It also has no touch or S pen problems at all. I bought mine after I had 3 failed attempts with other companies who sold bogus glass attempered curved protective whatever you wanna call them. Lol. Anyways hope this helps people who are looking or are in need thingy is awesome and the ship all over! Good luck!
    Woah, pretty sweet that there is two in a pack at least! I'm actually kind of surprised by how thick it is, I was expecting thinner from the images. Also that video is pretty hilarious proof of my statement above, haha.

Too bad it is out of stock atm, I haven't been able to find the official protector anywhere else :-/
    08-22-2016 08:23 AM
    I just talked to Samsung....they have NONE available in the US and didn't even seem to know about them...and that was Product support in person on the phone!
    08-22-2016 08:56 AM
    I just talked to Samsung....they have NONE available in the US and didn't even seem to know about them...and that was Product support in person on the phone!
    You can order it from http://www.mobilefun.com/60374-offic...-protector.htm. Their website indicates it will ship in 3 - 5 days from the UK. (was 3 days when I ordered - guessing their getting a lot of orders!)
    08-22-2016 09:32 AM
    You can order it from Official Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector :: MobileFun.com. Their website indicates it will ship in 3 - 5 days from the UK. (was 3 days when I ordered - guessing their getting a lot of orders!)
    Yep it looks like they are out of stock and expect more in 3-5 days
    08-22-2016 09:55 AM
    I had previously installed a Skinomi wet-apply protector and had tried using my Ringke air case with it, but it pushed the corners of the protector, like others have experienced. So, I took a Dremel to it with a small grinding stone and ground down the corners a little bit - I didn't do a great job, but it works fine now. The case still stays on, and, although the close-up picture shows a lot of dust, you'd have to look closely to see the hack.

Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-trimmedcase2-copy.jpg
    Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-trimmedcase-copy.jpg
    08-22-2016 10:15 AM
    I bought the same case, the clear version and added the Pure-Gear Extreme Impact screen protector. All is good on my end.
    I have the same and the very very edge on the side just will not stick and after just 2 days its already getting dust underneath the edges... I never advocate going naked but after 4 different screen protectors so far I'm about done for now
    08-22-2016 12:44 PM
    Cant wait to get my new phone then will scour this thread again to see what worked the best!
    08-22-2016 03:06 PM
    I just received a Luvvitt Tempered Glass HD Screen Protector and I put it on, it fit OK but it keeps making a creaking noise every time I touch around the corner edge of the screen with my i-Blason case on. It's also a little thicker than I would like, putting the home button in a hole. I removed it, but am offering it as a warning for everyone here. I'll try and get the official Samsung in due time.
    Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20160822_192350.jpgNote 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20160822_192446.jpg
    Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20160822_192334.jpg
    08-22-2016 07:03 PM
311 ... 45678 ...