Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I always pay BestBuy to put the screen protectors on...I prefer to have them screw it up and keep trying for 8 dollars than lose full price on one if I screw it up!

Andrew Port

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It's also worth noting that getting a tempered glass screen protector that's flat, and doesn't cover the sides, isn't the worst thing in the world...right?

Consider that the curves on this phone are meant to simply eliminate bezel, not be a true edge like on the phones named as such. With a good case that provides sufficient protection, like...

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Caseology-Wavelength-Ergonomic-Samsung/dp/B01I2E9BOG/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1471580337&sr=1-4&keywords=galaxy+note+7+case&refinements=p_89%3ACaseology

...and tempered glass covering the front part of the phone, you're looking at an exposed screen surface area of what....5%? Maybe it's less ergonomically setup that way, but it preserves retail value and keeps your phone's PRIMARY usable real-estate looking healthy.

Edit: Also, it'd be great to hear from the other folks in this thread who got their screen protectors with the contours - I'm coming from a Galaxy S6 with tempered glass, and I'm feeling a little nervous given the scratch potential of the Note 7 and not having glass to defend against it.

Edit 2: Also, my trolling around on Amazon brought me to this: https://www.amazon.com/Ionic-Protec...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5343783

Very few reviews thus far, but the majority of them are positive. Have we found a good, curved screen protector?

Edit 3: SORRY EVERYONE. Just came back from XDA, and I saw this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J771SD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5343783

One of the Q&A's states that the adhesive is everywhere, not just on the edges. Might be a winner, anyone willing to experiment?

Last edited:

atuarre

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Did it actually adhere to the device after they installed it? I read where a bunch of people put Zaggs on their devices and the edges aren't adhering (it's peeling up). I went through two and am having the same problem. It won't adhere to the edges of the glass. The S6E application method was perfect, and they had to go and change it up on the S7E and the Note 7, and now it's a mess to apply and it doesn't stay. And unlike some of the other companies, Zagg remains mum when you complain to them about the problem nor will they offer to replace it.

I might swing by Bestbuy tomorrow (past midnight so today), buy one from them and see if they can get it them to apply it and see if it will continue to adhere.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It's also worth noting that getting a tempered glass screen protector that's flat, and doesn't cover the sides, isn't the worst thing in the world...right?

Consider that the curves on this phone are meant to simply eliminate bezel, not be a true edge like on the phones named as such. With a good case that provides sufficient protection, like...

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Caseology-Wavelength-Ergonomic-Samsung/dp/B01I2E9BOG/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1471580337&sr=1-4&keywords=galaxy+note+7+case&refinements=p_89%3ACaseology

...and tempered glass covering the front part of the phone, you're looking at an exposed screen surface area of what....5%? Maybe it's less ergonomically setup that way, but it preserves retail value and keeps your phone's PRIMARY usable real-estate looking healthy.

Edit: Also, it'd be great to hear from the other folks in this thread who got their screen protectors with the contours - I'm coming from a Galaxy S6 with tempered glass, and I'm feeling a little nervous given the scratch potential of the Note 7 and not having glass to defend against it.

Edit 2: Also, my trolling around on Amazon brought me to this: https://www.amazon.com/Ionic-Protec...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5344541

Very few reviews thus far, but the majority of them are positive. Have we found a good, curved screen protector?

Edit 3: SORRY EVERYONE. Just came back from XDA, and I saw this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J771SD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5344541

One of the Q&A's states that the adhesive is everywhere, not just on the edges. Might be a winner, anyone willing to experiment?
The last link you gave...I just read the reviews from today. Not all positive now. That glass screen protector is Not case friendly. People are mad.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know much about the Gorilla Glass 5 as far as being scratch resistant? Sometimes I don't have the option of being on speaker and I might have earrings on and have to hold the phone to my ear. I refuse to put those filmy plastic protectors on my expensive beautiful screen.

The NOTE7 screen/glass is VERY EASILY scratched --
After an exhaustive test, it appears that, although the Gorilla Glass 5 is better than GG4 in drops or bends, unfortunately that is because it is softer than GG4. Since it is softer it is more vulnerable to scratching than GG4.

I want a good tempered glass screen protector to protect from scratching. Does any one know of a good one that fits well with a case AND wraps around the rounded edges. I can't find any info on the Samsung Note 7 screen protector, Accessories | Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site , so I don't know if its glass or just a plastic film.

Here is the scratch test performed showing the GG5 is 3 levels softer than GG4:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/571pu66vEBc

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
All my Note 7 protection accerroies are here, just waiting for Tmobile to ship my Note 7.. Should be here by Wednesday.

I am going with what to me is tried and proven and saved my 2 year old Note 4 from numerous falls, shoulder high, table high, hits to the front glass, hits to the back edges, and all through it, the Note 4 is spotless. Temp Glass, Spigen Tough Armor case, and a pouch case.. Got the same exact gear for the Note 7. A Spigen Tough Armor, Sparin Temp Glass, last but not least, the pouch case. I travel on race mortorcycle and race bicycle, my main forms of trans.. Spills comes, the Note 4 has went flying several times, didn't phase it in the least bit.. :)

I am with you -- I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor case and the Sparin tempered glass screen protector. My Note 3 has been covered by a Spigen case and tempered glass since 2013 and it is in mint condition even after many, many, many drops on asphalt, concrete, hardwood floors and even slid off the roof of a truck twice. The tempered glass has chipped off in a corner and the case has a scuff, but when you take the phone out, it look brand new after all this time. Gonna sell on ebay after my Note7 comes in today. Used Note 3 (unlocked) selling on eBay for $190. Not bad for a 3 year old phone. :)

NopeNotMe

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Do you feel that your s-pen is less responsive when moving over the plastic protector. I also purchased the Zagg HD Clear from best buy.. not sure that I like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My thoughts on the Spartan glass protector. I hate it. It was 1.50 after the coupon code so I have no problem throwing it away. It looks out of place and using my pen on outside letters or to select things off the protector to drag causes interference. MY girlfriend asked what was wrong with my screen protector. Lol

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Me too. Applied Zagg HD Clear (plastic film) yesterday by kid a BestBuy. Perfect application, but he told me to wait at least 24 hours before putting in a case. I tried a few hours later, it started peeling at the side. I took the case off, smoothed it down and I'm waiting another 12 hours!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am with you -- I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor case and the Sparin tempered glass screen protector. My Note 3 has been covered by a Spigen case and tempered glass since 2013 and it is in mint condition even after many, many, many drops on asphalt, concrete, hardwood floors and even slid off the roof of a truck twice. The tempered glass has chipped off in a corner and the case has a scuff, but when you take the phone out, it look brand new after all this time. Gonna sell on ebay after my Note7 comes in today. Used Note 3 (unlocked) selling on eBay for $190. Not bad for a 3 year old phone. :)

On my 2 day old Note 7, to me my choices for protection have be right on the button.

The curved and colored Sparin tempered glass slipped on perfectly. At first, I saw bubbles and was quickly going to return it for one those clear curved temp screens. However, after taking a credit card over the cleaning cloth and pushing the bubbles out, it came out perfect. The Tough armor case is perfect too.

Tried to take some pictures but camera on my tablet must have got jealous and wouldn't take a clear picture.

From what I see the CURVED temp glass is just the ticket. It also meets the case for almost complete coverage of the phone.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The Sparin curved/colored tempered glass. I flipped the picture from being upside down. The Note 7 in foreground, with Sparin Curved Black Tempered Glass, and Spigen Tough Armor Case. The Note 4 in background with Spigen Tough Armour Case, and a flat tempered glass screen.
The Note 4 is spotless for a 2 year old phone. That is why I went the same exact way with the Note 7.. IMO, on Tempered Glass for the Note 7, get the curved ones..

2222.jpg

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So, Your Sparin curved/colored tempered glass And a case WORK? The edges from the screen protector aren't being lifted when you put on the case ?

You better tell all the other case and screen protector threads your discovery. They are getting frustrated over there.

UPDATE ....Sparin CTGSP is not getting good reviews on Amazon....

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So, Your Sparin curved/colored tempered glass And a case WORK? The edges from the screen protector aren't being lifted when you put on the case ?

You better tell all the other case and screen protector threads your discovery. They are getting frustrated over there.

Well it could be the case + Temp glass union. On the long part of the phone, the curved top part of the temp glass melts right in, no gap,top and bottom, and the glass gently curves around the sides on both sides. Looks good to me, and fully protected. It is possible to have a different make case, and/or don't install the glass correctly and have a completely different outcome. I even took my Note 7 with temp glass to BB to compare, it was right there with the naked one in clearness. Now, the Note 7 got a zillion display modes too.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I have the Sparin full-coverage tempered glass (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5348552) installed with a Ringke Air case (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5348552) and they work beautifully together. No lifting - plus it's virtually impossible to install it wrong!

edit: I just read the reviews on Amazon, and frankly they baffle me. It fit perfectly, touch is great, it sticks fine and the pen works as expected. Obviously I've only had it installed for less than a day, but, so far, so good. I couldn't be happier.

edit 2: here's a closeup of the side showing the gap between the Sparin curved glass and the Ringke case. The top is flush, but doesn't push the glass.
gap1.jpg

Final edit! They worked together for a short time, then the glass started to move up on the phone. At that point, the case pushed on the top of the glass and I couldn't swipe down. I tried gently pushing the glass down, but it started to crack. There just isn't enough adhesive on the glass to hold it firm on the phone - from what I'm reading, it appears most of the tempered glass is like this - too little adhesive.

Last edited:

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to see any pictures on this forum. See

0708ab4179a6e5940fe9ab009072783c.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge