10-09-2016 05:14 PM
311 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    guys forget flat protectors. they will never stay fit on edges,i tried. now i wish i never threw away one that came with it from factory.
    my flat protector works just fine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5366295
    08-25-2016 06:51 PM
    I used to have Otterbox Defender case for my old phone, and the rubber part of the case started falling apart, first at the port flaps that I kept gluing on, and in several months it fell apart completely.

Did anyone else have similar long term experience with Otterbox? There's always a possibility that I had a counterfeit.
    08-25-2016 06:56 PM
    I hope the Otterbox Defender case for the Note 7 is just as good as the Defender case for the S7 edge because every screen protector I tried for the Note 7 absolutely sucks.

I had a S7 Edge with an OtterBox Defender and I thought the screen protector was horrible. It effective touch sensitivity and not to mention visibility was terrible with all the Rainbow effect it had goodbye
    08-25-2016 08:11 PM
    I bought two tempered screen protectors for my Note 7 and they SUCK. Edges are lifting and looks cheap.
    08-26-2016 09:38 AM
    Doesn't it bother you how it looks?

I was thinking of getting this accessory pack: The Ultimate Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Accessory Pack :: MobileFun.com

Does anybody have experience with the Screen protectors that come with it, Olixar?
    08-26-2016 10:44 AM
    I used to have Otterbox Defender case for my old phone, and the rubber part of the case started falling apart, first at the port flaps that I kept gluing on, and in several months it fell apart completely.

Did anyone else have similar long term experience with Otterbox? There's always a possibility that I had a counterfeit.
    My kids' phones always have an Otterbox type case on their phones since they always drop them. Several times they wore out like you mention but we were able to get replacement ones directly from Otterbox on warranty. They are pretty good about that.
    08-26-2016 11:49 AM
    Just received the official Samsung Note 7 screen protector from eBay seller Virtual-Depot. Fast Shipping but really disappointed with the quality of the screen protector.

Cheap plastic that bubbles like crazy upon installation (and super hard to squeeze out). The charity is garbage. It looks like a light haze on the screen. Most importantly it's not case friendly. I put on my Spigen rugged armor case and I immediately noticed peeling from both top corners.

I would not recommend this screen protector. I've come to the conclusion that the Note 7 is a PITA when it comes to screen protectors and it's better served to just go naked on the screen but with a case.

I'm going to try to return the item back to the seller and see if he'll accepted it and refund my payment.
    blueGN7 likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:07 PM
    Now how can an official Samsung product not be on their own site but is on a 3rd party site???????????
    08-26-2016 01:28 PM
    Seems like there's nothing good out there yet. My Skinomi matte protector fits quite nicely, and looks fantastic when the screen is off, but it kills clarity far too much compared to other matte protectors. So, I'm looking to eventually switch to tempered glass ones.

Off-topic: I wish AC didn't inject their own Amazon Associates referrer link whenever we paste our own Amazon links on the forum. They're getting our Amazon Associates money, basically.
    08-26-2016 01:38 PM
    Just received the official Samsung Note 7 screen protector from eBay seller Virtual-Depot. Fast Shipping but really disappointed with the quality of the screen protector.

Cheap plastic that bubbles like crazy upon insufflation (and super hard to squeeze out). The charity is garbage. It looks like a light haze on the screen. Most importantly it's not care friendly. I put on my Spigen rugged armor case and I immediately noticed peeling from both to corners.

I would not recommend this screen protector. Over come to the conclusion that the Note 7 is a PITA when it comes to screen protectors and it's better served to just go named in the screen with a case.

I'm going to try to return the item back to the seller and see if hello accepted it and refund my payment.
    Well that really sucks to hear but thanks for thanks for the heads up. Guess ill just get a tempered glass protector that covers the flat part of the screen till someone makes a good curved one.

I wonder why not one company has one that is case friendly and has adhesive on the whole thing?
    08-26-2016 01:50 PM

Cheap plastic that bubbles like crazy upon insufflation (and super hard to squeeze out). The charity is garbage. It looks like a light haze on the screen. Most importantly it's not care friendly. I put on my Spigen rugged armor case and I immediately noticed peeling from both to corners.

I would not recommend this screen protector. Over come to the conclusion that the Note 7 is a PITA when it comes to screen protectors and it's better served to just go named in the screen with a case.

I'm going to try to return the item back to the seller and see if hello accepted it and refund my payment.
    Can you post any pictures showing this protector?
    08-26-2016 01:52 PM
    Unfortunately I peeled the sucker off and put it back in the package and shipped it back to the seller for a refund (minus a 20% restock fee).

It seems like with the Note 7 you're going to have to choose between a naked screen and a case or no case and a tempered glass screen protector.

Plastic and wet install screen protectors are garbage and will come off the edges with a case and/or it will affect the beautiful display of the device.
    08-26-2016 02:46 PM
    I would really like to see a company manufacture one that doesn't have the adhesive around the edges, but rather stays on with the static cling type application like the flat ones.
    I have the adhesive on the edges of my screen protector and it has collected dust and debris under it, especially notice it around the ear piece and button at the bottom. SUCKS!
    08-26-2016 04:08 PM
    Does anyone know where I can buy a rear glass shield for the note 7? I'm going to use the device naked save for the front having a glass shield but also want one for the back. Can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Verizon sells them. Zagg full body. Furious as I just realized they installed the top but not the bottom on two of our phones. They didn't even leave it in the box.
    08-26-2016 09:59 PM
    I am really having no issues with my Verizon glass screen protector with one exception. There is a very tiny rainbow effect in one spot IF I HOLD IT AT A CERTAIN ANGLE TO THE AMBIENT LIGHT and even with that, I really have to look hard to see it..

No issue at all with screen sensitivity both with finger and pen, no tapping or creaking noises, etc. It's not the best glass I have ever owned but it's not that rubbery, sticky, filthy PET crap either Good thing all you who don't like creaking and popping don't have my knees

Life is full of compromises.....this is an easy one to accept for $30.
    That V one has BLACK @ top & bottom as opposed to being clear. Fine if you have a black Note 7. I have the Blue. So my case already hides the blue on the back & if I got the Verizon case, I may as well have purchased a black phone since it will look black! BTW, from the V site the reviews are not great 1.8/5, 12 reviews! They have both "Rating Snapshot" and Ave Reviews. Neither are good.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=L6-zh66D

I found this video demo of 3 TG screen protectors
    "Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Case Friendly Glass Screen Protectors"

He touts the OtterBox but for me, it has black top & bottom so, no. He also has 2 that cover only the flat surface; SGM & Spartan. But, he says the 2 flat ones have a Halo effect!
    This is annoying! I was leaning towards the Samsung film protector but now we have a post that says this is bad!
    The IQ Shield TG one gets bad reviews on Amazon & I can see it stops well b4 the edge on R&L sides & I think that looks bad. Why can't it go all the way till the screen just starts to curve? I put my Samsung protective film that came with the phone back on till I can find a good one! Of course, It now has bubbles & it too falls far short of the R&L edge but, at least I get some protection as I decide on a better protecter.
    Now I'm looking @ SUPTMAX TG flat surface only from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5369771
    They sell a 2 pack & a 1 pack ($10.95 or $7.95)
    It does have 5/5 review total but, only 4 reviews.

I wonder if you are able to get a flat protractor properly aligned & it does not touch the case, will using the edge features be an issue as your finger glides from the naked edge to the covered screen? Or are these protectors so thin that that is a non issue?
    08-26-2016 10:02 PM
    I don't see my last long post. But SUPTMAX also masks a curved TG protector with mixed reviews:
    https://www.amazon.com/SUPTMAX-Galax...cUvbUpU5369788

My last post mentioned their TG one that only covered the flat part.
    08-26-2016 10:09 PM
    FWIW, I found a combination screen protector and slim case that works - the post is here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5368997
    08-27-2016 08:08 AM
    Now how can an official Samsung product not be on their own site but is on a 3rd party site???????????
    It's there, scroll down to right below the battery packs.

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    08-27-2016 09:36 AM
    It's there, scroll down to right below the battery packs.

Accessories | Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    thank u
    08-27-2016 11:35 AM
    So i went ahead and put the VERIZON screen protectors on since i get them for free. Not to bad, I dont see a loss of sensitivity even as i type this. I have a Spigen case and it fits perfect, no clicking. Mine does however have the rainbow smudges underneath from not sticking to the screen.

My wife on the other hand has a caseology case and hers clicks in the top right hand corner and it's very hard for her to text. The sensitivity is definitely an issue for her. As soon as I took the case off, it fixed the problem. So it could some peoples case that is causing the issue.

I figured I'd put them on to have some sort of protection. Just figured I would give you guys what we experienced so far.
    08-27-2016 01:17 PM
    Are the edges of the screen protector at a flat or slightly curved? Or, is it thin enough where it doesn't matter when using the edge functionality of the Note7?
    08-27-2016 02:48 PM
    Are the edges of the screen protector at a flat or slightly curved? Or, is it thin enough where it doesn't matter when using the edge functionality of the Note7?
    flat, its super thin, I think they advertised it in the .20mm range

but anyways, i took it off because my bestskinsever came in. after going to a full screen protector, i can enjoy the full screen instead of seeing a hard edge with the flat screen protector. this was a wet skin application so there is some orange peel effect and a tiny bit of spen indentation when you use it. only slight. both of these effects are only noticeable when the screen is off. when the screen is on, its pretty good and clear.

i do miss the feel of the glass though.. since i will be drawing on this a lot. oh well, i think i will keep it as is for now until there is a really good glass screen protector that covers the whole screen that is case friendly, that uses static adhesive or whatever, and thats clear..

one can dream :P
    08-27-2016 06:29 PM

Cheap plastic that bubbles like crazy upon installation (and super hard to squeeze out). The charity is garbage. It looks like a light haze on the screen. Most importantly it's not case friendly. I put on my Spigen rugged armor case and I immediately noticed peeling from both top corners.

I would not recommend this screen protector. I've come to the conclusion that the Note 7 is a PITA when it comes to screen protectors and it's better served to just go naked on the screen but with a case.

I'm going to try to return the item back to the seller and see if he'll accepted it and refund my payment.
    Got mine today to. 1st one got messed due to pet hair got under it as soon I went to stick to the screen.. Put the next one have same issues it bubble like crazy.. going to see if they go away over time.
    08-27-2016 08:28 PM
    Got mine today to. 1st one got messed due to pet hair got under it as soon I went to stick to the screen.. Put the next one have same issues it bubble like crazy.. going to see if they go away over time.
    Since it's not a wet install I doubt the bubbles will go away. The good news is that the seller will accept a return, even if both are used - but you must return everything in the package including BOTH screen protectors for a refund (minus 20% restocking fee).
    08-27-2016 09:44 PM
    On a dry install bubbles are caused by debris like hair, dust or lint trapped under the screen protector.

Put a piece of sticking tape on the protector, lift it up slightly, and then use another piece of sticking tape to catch the debris.
    08-28-2016 02:38 AM
311 ... 7891011 ...