Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
All my Note 7 protection accerroies are here, just waiting for Tmobile to ship my Note 7.. Should be here by Wednesday.

I am going with what to me is tried and proven and saved my 2 year old Note 4 from numerous falls, shoulder high, table high, hits to the front glass, hits to the back edges, and all through it, the Note 4 is spotless. Temp Glass, Spigen Tough Armor case, and a pouch case.. Got the same exact gear for the Note 7. A Spigen Tough Armor, Sparin Temp Glass, last but not least, the pouch case. I travel on race mortorcycle and race bicycle, my main forms of trans.. Spills comes, the Note 4 has went flying several times, didn't phase it in the least bit.. :)

Right side Note 7 gear
Left 7 Note 4 gear..
View attachment 234946

View attachment 234953

Love those socks. ;)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm always concerned with advertised curved tempered glass protectors, does anyone know if they actually hold up over time?

This will be my first time with a curve type screen. Going to see how this Sparin works out. For me the glass has to have a good fit and almost no distortion in order for it to be a keeper.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
What are your guys thoughts on holes at the top of the screen protector where the camera, iris scanner, and light sensor are? On one hand it seems like those would be good locations for there to be holes, so that those features are unobstructed and those features can work efficiently. On the other hand having them covered would mean that they are more protected from scratching and cracking.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Xtreme Guard TGSP is flat and narrow, doesnt cover the edges at all. Worth the $1ish i paid for it :) Trash

badhatharry7

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this is a re-post, but I am going to give tempered glass one last shot on a curved device.

All my go-to brands for tempered glass protection (Zagg, Spigen, Otterbox) seemed to have abandoned hope when it came to the curved devices. After trying several far inferior options on my S6 Edge+, I completely gave up and went with a tried an true Zagg Invisible Shield HD.

When my Note 7 arrives, however, I have new hope in the latest offering by Otterbox...

Alpha Glass Screen Protector By Otterbox
Galaxy Note7 Screen Protector | Alpha Glass Screen Protectors | OtterBox

I currently have the protector in my possession and plan on posting a review once my device comes in from VZW.

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, watched and cringed each time he dropped it. My phone will dwell in its' case. I've dropped a few phones before, shattered glass and it cost $$$ each time screen had to be replaced. People see my Note 4 in is Zero Lemon rugged case and call it a brick. I don't mind having an 'ugly' phone if it'll save my phone from being damaged.

Anyone see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=139&v=7sLcN0pDjqg

It's pretty impressive and reassuring but I'm still going to protect from scratches!

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting to know why you people put glass on glass. What's the point? Are you using the phone to play air hockey? Really why please tell me why, because it just seems silly.

I hate the feel of the other screen protectors. I only like the feel of the original screen or the glass screen protector. But I don't want scratches or anything on the original screen so need some kind of protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Excited to hear Zagg will eventually get one. I've had the best luck with Zagg glass screen protectors. I'll use on from Amazon until I can get one of those.

Zagg was working on the S7 & S7 Edge curved glass for a long time also and both were complete failures. Praying the Not 7 version is better.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone used Bongeek tempered curved glass screen protector on s7edge?

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting to know why you people put glass on glass. What's the point? Are you using the phone to play air hockey? Really why please tell me why, because it just seems silly.

I can only speak for my self. But I have used them and can't tell they are there, unless you look super close. I for one have dropped my phone several times, screen was fine. Finally a few months ago I dropped it yet again,there is now a small crack in one corner and hairline at top, that looks like a scratch, hardly noticeable, but my glass screen is still like it was when I got it. This is after 2 1/2 yr use.
I would like to think I won't drop the note 7, I don't want to take a chance of screen busting without one, if I do had I'd rather a screen protector is damaged instead of paying for a screen replacement.
It may not protect it completly, but I feel like I want any help I can. Just my 2 cents. Lol

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I decided to grab a ZAGG HD clear (plastic film) screen protector and a Tech 21 case for now. I think I may just get an Otterbox Defender when it's released. This phone is just too damn expensive to risk light-weight protection. I may change my mind if the Otterbox Alpha glass ever becomes available...

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I decided to grab a ZAGG HD clear (plastic film) screen protector and a Tech 21 case for now. I think I may just get an Otterbox Defender when it's released. This phone is just too damn expensive to risk light-weight protection. I may change my mind if the Otterbox Alpha glass ever becomes available...

I went to my local Tmobile store and got a Zagg as well. I had them put it on because I suck at it. It's not horrible, but I prefer nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz