08-27-2016 04:37 PM
64 123
tools
    I always use a plastic flimsy screen protector. I've never had issues with bubbles or peeling and I always like the matte for fingerprints over the glass.
    08-16-2016 08:59 PM
    phone sans screen protector in my left pocket, keys in my right
    gvyt36785 likes this.
    08-17-2016 07:29 AM
    I don't like anything in between my screen and me. I have tried protectors in the past, but I normally rip them off after a few days, sometimes hours.
    Nilo7 and Dimas de Leon like this.
    08-17-2016 07:56 AM
    I've only dropped a phone once. It was my LG G3 and I had a tempered glass screen protector on it. It was onto pavement and the screen shattered. To me if the screen will break it will break with or without a protector during a fall.

Therefore in my own personal experience the protector will make no difference to save a screen during a catastrophic event.

Thus to me I'm weighing daily comfort and sPen usability vs micro scratches.

Anyone who has gone without protection does your screen show anything from pockets or cases? It would seriously bother me if my note 7 acquired a micro blemish on the screen. I would think about it every time I turned it on.
    08-17-2016 08:09 AM
    Always
    08-17-2016 02:42 PM
    I was planning on going naked with the screen, but this video has me concerned. It appears that the screen is VERY soft. I might buy a tempered glass screen protector now. Does this concern you?
    08-18-2016 01:41 AM
    Haven't used one in years. Never had a scratch on screen
    08-18-2016 10:34 AM
    Yes...because it means I can't have anything in my pocket basically other than the phone. I can just imagine what would happen in a backpack or a woman's purse....honestly, if it scratches this easily, I can see some liability issues coming up....
    08-18-2016 10:47 AM
    I'll say this. Im going to try the tempered glass from Otterbox. If that don't work, I'll go naked with the screen protection. I will use a case though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 12:40 PM
    I was planning on going naked with the screen, but this video has me concerned. It appears that the screen is VERY soft. I might buy a tempered glass screen protector now. Does this concern you?
    Yep...going commando on mine. Screw the internet and all doom Sayers. Life Happens. I hate screen protectors more than I hate minor screen scratches that you can't even see when the phone is on. I don't plan on rubbing my phone against sand paper anytime soon and I'm a guy so I wont be throwing it into a purse. Sand in my pocket...nope I wash my clothes often. I'm good.
    jn3wman likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:50 AM
    Yep...going commando on mine. Screw the internet and all doom Sayers. Life Happens. I hate screen protectors more than I hate minor screen scratches that you can't even see when the phone is on. I don't plan on rubbing my phone against sand paper anytime soon and I'm a guy so I wont be throwing it into a purse. Sand in my pocket...nope I wash my clothes often. I'm good.
    I might be doing the exact same. I've been searching online for the past few days trying to find a decent screen protector for this phone. Doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble since the edges are causing problems for everyone. I'm probably just gonna keep the phone in a case & try my luck with the naked screen.
    08-19-2016 08:57 AM
    I didn't use a screen protector on the Note 4. Things worked out great. Lasted two years without a scratch.
    edward kim6 likes this.
    08-19-2016 03:49 PM
    I'm staying naked. No good screen protectors out anyhow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 08:06 PM
    The screen protectors seem problematic due to the curve and with cases. My MXPE did not get a scratch after one year, so seems the N7 with GG5 should fair the same or better. Corning already dis-proven the infamous scratch video.

I am using the Samsung Smart Case right now, but ordered this one to stop having a flap in the way, Does not cover the buttons (I hate that) and has some lift at top and bottom to protect if laying face down.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spigen...cUvbUpU5356985
    08-22-2016 09:17 PM
    The screen protectors seem problematic due to the curve and with cases. My MXPE did not get a scratch after one year, so seems the N7 with GG5 should fair the same or better. Corning already dis-proven the infamous scratch video.

I am using the Samsung Smart Case right now, but ordered this one to stop having a flap in the way, Does not cover the buttons (I hate that) and has some lift at top and bottom to protect if laying face down.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spigen...cUvbUpU5357002
    Corning simply replied to the video I havent seen them do a test to counter Zach's video
    08-22-2016 09:24 PM
    Corning simply replied to the video I havent seen them do a test to counter Zach's video
    That's all they really needed to do.
    08-22-2016 10:26 PM
    Well I tried the curved glass protector they carried at Costco where I bought my phone. I returned it. It was incompatible with my case. Will likely find a film style or just be careful with a naked screen!
    08-23-2016 12:25 AM
    Thought I'll put a screen protector after seeing that scratch video.. But after a day I'm no longer paranoid and enjoying the phone without screen protector.. Feels so nice to glide on that screen, stopped using screen protectors for more than couple of years now.
    08-23-2016 12:27 AM
    ^^^ I'm going to try the Samsung OEM Screen Protector whenever they release it and if it's not a perfect fit and performs well, I'm going to go naked. I've never ever dropped a phone so I'm not worried about that. I also purchased a Spigen ultra thin case to keep the back glass scratch-free when placed on a table.

For now I'm just carrying my Note 7 in my left pocket while my keys and my metal slim wallet in my right pocket. While in my car, I place my phone in a soft cloth pouch in the center console when I'm not using it. So far, so good.
    08-23-2016 01:00 AM
    Staying naked. Screen protectors are like waring a condom, just not the same experience. At the same time accidents happen. No screen protector on my Samsung S6 for 18 months, still beautiful and not pregnant. Be gentle.
    08-23-2016 04:58 PM
    I usually have screen protectors on all my phones, however since i took off the one on my Note 4 (too rubbery when using the s pen), i've been going naked for over a year, and I have 0 scratches on my screen. Then again, i always rock a wallet case with a button closure, as opposed to metallic clasp.
    Where do you get those?
    08-23-2016 05:32 PM
    At the moment, I have the protector the phone came with, but I usually put a case on the back, and am careful with the front, so as soon as I find a case I like It's nekkid time.
    08-23-2016 05:35 PM
    Where do you get those?
    Usually an Amazon find. Gotta do a lot of scrolling
    08-23-2016 06:19 PM
    Until and if a good glass protector comes out I will be front naked unless I throw it into the folio case I am getting today.
    08-24-2016 07:39 AM
    I've also seen videos of people taking a knife to the screen with no scratches. Since I don't plan on hitting my screen with a knife, I think it'll be ok without a screen protector
    08-24-2016 07:57 AM
64 123