Anyone going naked on the screen?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've used a tempered glass protector on my last 3 Note phones, but not on the Note 7. With the "edge" design, it really doesn't make sense. Plus, I suspect the new Gorilla Glass 5 is more scratch-resistant than previous versions.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, definitely reselling. All my phones sell well because they are well protected. He glass is stretch resistant, not scratch proof. Even fine grit in the pocket over time will microscratch a phone.
Exactly!
I did order a Skinomi but I'm afraid I'll hate it with the pen. I've always preferred tempered glass.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using screen protectors after all the bubbles, tempered glass worse than screen itself, misapplying the protector and the ptotectors not cleaning as well as the screen. I used my Note 5 without a protector for a year, i dont have a single scratch. I am done with screen protectors.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I always use a plastic flimsy screen protector. I've never had issues with bubbles or peeling and I always like the matte for fingerprints over the glass.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't like anything in between my screen and me. I have tried protectors in the past, but I normally rip them off after a few days, sometimes hours.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've only dropped a phone once. It was my LG G3 and I had a tempered glass screen protector on it. It was onto pavement and the screen shattered. To me if the screen will break it will break with or without a protector during a fall.

Therefore in my own personal experience the protector will make no difference to save a screen during a catastrophic event.

Thus to me I'm weighing daily comfort and sPen usability vs micro scratches.

Anyone who has gone without protection does your screen show anything from pockets or cases? It would seriously bother me if my note 7 acquired a micro blemish on the screen. I would think about it every time I turned it on.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on going naked with the screen, but this video has me concerned. It appears that the screen is VERY soft. I might buy a tempered glass screen protector now. Does this concern you?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes...because it means I can't have anything in my pocket basically other than the phone. I can just imagine what would happen in a backpack or a woman's purse....honestly, if it scratches this easily, I can see some liability issues coming up....

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll say this. Im going to try the tempered glass from Otterbox. If that don't work, I'll go naked with the screen protection. I will use a case though.

Posted via the Android Central App

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on going naked with the screen, but this video has me concerned. It appears that the screen is VERY soft. I might buy a tempered glass screen protector now. Does this concern you?
https://youtu.be/571pu66vEBc

Yep...going commando on mine. Screw the internet and all doom Sayers. Life Happens. I hate screen protectors more than I hate minor screen scratches that you can't even see when the phone is on. I don't plan on rubbing my phone against sand paper anytime soon and I'm a guy so I wont be throwing it into a purse. Sand in my pocket...nope I wash my clothes often. I'm good.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep...going commando on mine. Screw the internet and all doom Sayers. Life Happens. I hate screen protectors more than I hate minor screen scratches that you can't even see when the phone is on. I don't plan on rubbing my phone against sand paper anytime soon and I'm a guy so I wont be throwing it into a purse. Sand in my pocket...nope I wash my clothes often. I'm good.

I might be doing the exact same. I've been searching online for the past few days trying to find a decent screen protector for this phone. Doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble since the edges are causing problems for everyone. I'm probably just gonna keep the phone in a case & try my luck with the naked screen.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The screen protectors seem problematic due to the curve and with cases. My MXPE did not get a scratch after one year, so seems the N7 with GG5 should fair the same or better. Corning already dis-proven the infamous scratch video.

I am using the Samsung Smart Case right now, but ordered this one to stop having a flap in the way, Does not cover the buttons (I hate that) and has some lift at top and bottom to protect if laying face down.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spige...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5356985

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The screen protectors seem problematic due to the curve and with cases. My MXPE did not get a scratch after one year, so seems the N7 with GG5 should fair the same or better. Corning already dis-proven the infamous scratch video.

I am using the Samsung Smart Case right now, but ordered this one to stop having a flap in the way, Does not cover the buttons (I hate that) and has some lift at top and bottom to protect if laying face down.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spige...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5357002
Corning simply replied to the video I havent seen them do a test to counter Zach's video

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca