Anyone going naked on the screen?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I tried the curved glass protector they carried at Costco where I bought my phone. I returned it. It was incompatible with my case. Will likely find a film style or just be careful with a naked screen!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'll put a screen protector after seeing that scratch video.. But after a day I'm no longer paranoid and enjoying the phone without screen protector.. Feels so nice to glide on that screen, stopped using screen protectors for more than couple of years now.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ I'm going to try the Samsung OEM Screen Protector whenever they release it and if it's not a perfect fit and performs well, I'm going to go naked. I've never ever dropped a phone so I'm not worried about that. I also purchased a Spigen ultra thin case to keep the back glass scratch-free when placed on a table.

For now I'm just carrying my Note 7 in my left pocket while my keys and my metal slim wallet in my right pocket. While in my car, I place my phone in a soft cloth pouch in the center console when I'm not using it. So far, so good.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Staying naked. Screen protectors are like waring a condom, just not the same experience. At the same time accidents happen. No screen protector on my Samsung S6 for 18 months, still beautiful and not pregnant. Be gentle.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I usually have screen protectors on all my phones, however since i took off the one on my Note 4 (too rubbery when using the s pen), i've been going naked for over a year, and I have 0 scratches on my screen. Then again, i always rock a wallet case with a button closure, as opposed to metallic clasp.

Where do you get those?

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
At the moment, I have the protector the phone came with, but I usually put a case on the back, and am careful with the front, so as soon as I find a case I like It's nekkid time.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Until and if a good glass protector comes out I will be front naked unless I throw it into the folio case I am getting today.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on going naked with the screen, but this video has me concerned. It appears that the screen is VERY soft. I might buy a tempered glass screen protector now. Does this concern you?
https://youtu.be/571pu66vEBc

I've also seen videos of people taking a knife to the screen with no scratches. Since I don't plan on hitting my screen with a knife, I think it'll be ok without a screen protector

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've also seen videos of people taking a knife to the screen with no scratches. Since I don't plan on hitting my screen with a knife, I think it'll be ok without a screen protector
Thought the same until I found a small scratch on my screen from presumably putting the phone in and out of my pocket. Jeez. Went and got a Zagg HD dry application film after that.

retrolongboarder

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I've always used a sgp neo hybrid on most of my phones, and the N7 one looks even more awesome than previous models. I need a case.. Can't afford to not have it! Screen protector.. Not sure on this phone.. As others say the edge is troublesome. I've been lucky and never broken a screen (must be anal retentive on protection?!). ☺

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm reading on here that with Gorilla Glass 5 some are going to not use screen protectors or rip the built in ones out and go naked.

Remember the S7 screen and how they are scratching easily. Do you really trust using no protection?

I plan on keeping this phone for a while which is weird for me. Not too terribly worried about resale at this point. That's really the only reason I would worry about it.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Found the official note 7 screen protectors on Amazon, should have them in hand Friday going to see how they stack up against others

bbqman151

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I might be doing the exact same. I've been searching online for the past few days trying to find a decent screen protector for this phone. Doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble since the edges are causing problems for everyone. I'm probably just gonna keep the phone in a case & try my luck with the naked screen.

Exactly what I've been thinking of doing. I have searched and searched and searched and haven't found anyone that said they had one installed that didn't raise on the edges with a case, or bubble, or rainbow, or fail to stick, etc. etc. I'm not wasting money on any of them until I see some real results from someone. I'm just gonna puta clear case or maybe a wallet case on it and just be careful with it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This screen can easily scratch. I have a sp on it. All my.phones have been protected paying close to 900 you bet am protecting this beauty

Posted using Note7

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Before I got the phone I thought for sure I was going to use a screen protector since I have been doing that with my last two phones (S4 and S6), but now I might be going naked. The curved screen seems to be making finding a good screen protector next to impossible. Plus using it without one has reminded me how much better glass feels than a screen protector and since I can't stand tempered glass protectors and how they fit, I will probably be going naked on this one.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Naked screen. Got a VZW Zagg but took it off due to bubbles and peeling edges and hoped it would improve screen sensitivity. It didn't. Got a VRS crystal minx kickstand case. It does cover buttons and has thick bumpers but I doubt it would prevent damage in a fall. I anxiously await reports of any kind of screen protector that doesn't peel with a case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674