Wallet Cases and Edge Functionality

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Thinking about trying a wallet case with my Note 7, but haven't ever had one before. Also haven't ever had a galaxy phone with the edge functionality (some of which looks pretty interesting to me). Anyone combined the two before? Does the wallet case tend to interfere with the edge UI/functionality?

Thanks!

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Thinking about trying a wallet case with my Note 7, but haven't ever had one before. Also haven't ever had a galaxy phone with the edge functionality (some of which looks pretty interesting to me). Anyone combined the two before? Does the wallet case tend to interfere with the edge UI/functionality?

Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing.
Wondering, how much protection it would provide when dropped?

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
The VRS Design wallet case I have for my S7 Edge didn't inhibit the edge features at all. I would assume the same holds true for the Note. I have a VRS for that coming from Amazon. I like the protection of a flip case because most of my scratches happen taking the phone in and out of my pocket. A flip case solves that without the need for a screen protector, which in my experience on the Edge, are less than stellar

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The VRS Design wallet case I have for my S7 Edge didn't inhibit the edge features at all. I would assume the same holds true for the Note. I have a VRS for that coming from Amazon. I like the protection of a flip case because most of my scratches happen taking the phone in and out of my pocket. A flip case solves that without the need for a screen protector, which in my experience on the Edge, are less than stellar

How much protection do you feel this case has, if you dropped the phone, front and back?

on Samsung Galaxy s5

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The only issue that the verus wallet case has is that the magnet creates a dead spot on the screen if you use the spen a lot it can be an issue I know with my note 5 it had the dead spot, I ordered it for the note 7 and we'll see if it still has the dead spot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The only issue that the verus wallet case has is that the magnet creates a dead spot on the screen if you use the spen a lot it can be an issue I know with my note 5 it had the dead spot, I ordered it for the note 7 and we'll see if it still has the dead spot.

Thank you for pointing out that potential issue. I'm guessing you're talking about a permanent dead spot as opposed to a temporary one that only existed when in the wallet case. I have ordered both a leather belt holster (which has a magnetic clasp), and a wallet case (that also has a magnetic clasp). (Both shown in the links below). Since I don't want a phone with a dead spot I should probably look into some other options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5306181
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5306181

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for pointing out that potential issue. I'm guessing you're talking about a permanent dead spot as opposed to a temporary one that only existed when in the wallet case. I have ordered both a leather belt holster (which has a magnetic clasp), and a wallet case (that also has a magnetic clasp). (Both shown in the links below). Since I don't want a phone with a dead spot I should probably look into some other options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5306209
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5306209

It was a dead spot only when the case with the magnetic clasp was on, when you would take off the case it would go back to normal, I asked verus if it would cause permanent damage to the phone but they said it shouldn't.

But it would interfere when I would try and use the spen, but other than that they are really nice cases, so you are correct it is a temporary dead spot.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
How much protection do you feel this case has, if you dropped the phone, front and back?

on Samsung Galaxy s5

It has a decent amount of protection. The corners are covered pretty well. It does a good job of staying closed, the clasp is magnetic. As long as you stay in the habit of closing it when you are done it should survive most falls. I keep my debit card in the slots and have no scratches either.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It has a decent amount of protection. The corners are covered pretty well. It does a good job of staying closed, the clasp is magnetic. As long as you stay in the habit of closing it when you are done it should survive most falls. I keep my debit card in the slots and have no scratches either.

That is a problem - keeping it closed. I was bumped by a careless partier when I was using it and the screen on my N4 cracked as it dropped 4 feet or so.

The magnetic dead spot can be avoided by holding the unit like an open book. It appears only when you bend the cover back so that the magnet is behind the area you wish to write on.

Saying all that, I'm buying another for my N7. It is absolutely convenient not to have to carry a wallet in my hip pocket all the time. CCs and DL is all I need when I'm out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty