Galaxy Note7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack?

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
what are your opinions on this
Galaxy Note 7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack Mobile Accessories - EB-TN930BBUGUS | Samsung US

I mean its only 3100 mah and will give you half charge. I bought the 5200 mah fast charge pack from Samsung already for my note 5 when I got it. I know people are saying its worth it since its from Samsung and not some 3rd party company but does it justify the price? I mean it looks thin enough to wear I would use it as my primary case too so idk

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Beauty I'd in the eye of the beholder. I actually like the way it looks. I currently own a N3 with a 6400 mah extended battery and a Seidio case. It is rather bulky and big, yet what is pretty is I have no power deletion anxiety whatsoever. The Backpack battery will effectively give you a total of around 5200 mah of power for the day in a size less than older phones like my N3 that use similar size extended batteries.

$89 may be a bit expensive, but not so much when you consider it also serves also as a case to protect the back and corners of the phone. So you won't need to buy a case for the phone.

Without this accessory being available , I wouldn't consider giving up my N3 and it's replaceable extended battery for the N7 alone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Wait. I don't know much about much but how does it work out that with a 3100maH battery pack, do you only get a 50% charge to a phone with a 3500maH battery?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
well doubt people buy it to look good.

Actually that's a big reason why people don't buy many battery cases. Too thick, takes away from device aesthetics. There's plenty of external packs that will hold a large amount of power and will last you longer. Set and forget. And with a QC, it doesn't take much time to get a good charge in no time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait. I don't know much about much but how does it work out that with a 3100maH battery pack, do you only get a 50% charge to a phone with a 3500maH battery?
Due to inefficiencies in the conversion process... The case has 3100mah but it has to convert to wireless charger which is pretty inefficient. You then lose some on the phone side as it is converted from the coil to the battery.

Even with a regular battery pack, about a 60-70% efficiency is typical due conversion from 3.7 to 5v (or other voltage) output, then input conversion back to 3.7v for the battery in the phone

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I am guessing that a 3100 mah backpack battery is only allowed to be partially depleted as it charges the N7 internal battery. I believe there is some inductive power lost during the wireless charging process. Also, the backpack battery won't be allowed to be completely depleted in order to avoid damaging it or shortening its life.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Some people might use the battery pack full time, but I only plan to use it when it is needed and I have no other power source available to me, such as a day on the beach taking lots of pictures and videos. This case for me is in lieu of an extra battery to swap out.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That's not true. My Mophie doesn't add bulk in a bad way. I actually welcome it. It's super comfortable.

I don't know about that. I have the N5 and the Mophie Battery case. It does add some bulk, and of course some weight. It is comfortable, I agree, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the bulk is not bad, it's pretty thick.

That said, this is to be expected with these types of cases, and I prefer Mophie above all the rest so far.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can get a Samsung 3100 mahogany on ebay under 20.00. Is it worth it ? I have a power rocks model. Don't like it

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
what are your opinions on this
Galaxy Note 7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack Mobile Accessories - EB-TN930BBUGUS | Samsung US
I mean it looks thin enough to wear I would use it as my primary case too so idk

$89 may be a bit expensive, but not so much when you consider it also serves also as a case to protect the back and corners of the phone. So you won't need to buy a case for the phone.

The concern I see with having a battery pack being the primary case is what if you drop it and the battery ends up leaking or rupturing? I'd go with the recommendations of the people who've said to use it only when you need it, and use another case as the primary case. There is also that saying that you can only recharge something so many times before it will not charge any longer, and that capacity will deplete over time. If you're using it as the primary case all the time then you're going to need to recharge it just as often as your phone (if not more often if it is smaller capacity that the 3500 battery in the phone), and it may have a short life.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The case I am going to use is the Samsung LED It is the same style as the Sview flip case only there isn't the window for viewing. You can still answer without opening but the Svieew has more capabilities without opening it up. I will get the S View as well. I like variety. But I won't use a battery case. I am getting a battery pak I can use to charge up if needed and I have the car charger I got with my Note 4 as well. I don't want extra bulk added to my phone and I won't use it naked. I like my phone protected and stylish too. I am careful with my things. My Note 4 has never been out of the SView case except to change it. I have 4 of them. Its a color thing HA! My Note 4 is in perfect condition. And it works perfectly well too

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Due to inefficiencies in the conversion process... The case has 3100mah but it has to convert to wireless charger which is pretty inefficient. You then lose some on the phone side as it is converted from the coil to the battery.

Even with a regular battery pack, about a 60-70% efficiency is typical due conversion from 3.7 to 5v (or other voltage) output, then input conversion back to 3.7v for the battery in the phone

I can not figure out if they are referring to the net incremental charge the battery provides while using the N7 (makes sense), or if the wireless charger is that inefficient. If it is, the power inefficiency is going somewhere, which probably means more heat around the surface. Energy has to be released somewhere, so if not by capacitance it will be through heat. There will be some inefficiency, but the charge noted seems nuts.

Seems a bad buy if only half the capacity results in a charge, since adds bulk and would add more heat while using. I am hoping they are referring to net charge while using, since would buy it then.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can not figure out if they are referring to the net incremental charge the battery provides while using the N7 (makes sense), or if the wireless charger is that inefficient. If it is, the power inefficiency is going somewhere, which probably means more heat around the surface. Energy has to be released somewhere, so if not by capacitance it will be through heat. There will be some inefficiency, but the charge noted seems nuts.

Seems a bad buy if only half the capacity results in a charge, since adds bulk and would add more heat while using. I am hoping they are referring to net charge while using, since would buy it then.
Well, the other option is a battery pack which connects directly to the phone itself... Whichever is preferred is up to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers