Note 7 Defender has a new, radical design change!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They don't show it on the Otterbox website, but Amazon now has the Defender listed. Granted it is not in stock yet and won't be for some time, but the screen protector looks like a hard piece of clear plastic instead of the tradition kind of screen protector. I wonder if this will have a tight fit now, and how screen sensitivity will be with it if it doesn't have any play in it.

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5303873

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I wonder with this design it if will keep dirt out of it more now and easier to take apart to clean too now. However you won't be able to rip the screen protector out with this because it is the top portion of the case.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought they were shipping from Otterbox. Guess I'll wait for Best Buy to have them on the shelves.

If Amazon has it cheaper, just print it off and bring it into best buy and you can walk out with the same price as Amazon. Usually it takes them a couple weeks to get them in stock compared to the stores.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If Amazon has it cheaper, just print it off and bring it into best buy and you can walk out with the same price as Amazon. Usually it takes them a couple weeks to get them in stock compared to the stores.
I use price match all the time at Best Buy. Glad they implemented online merchants to. Amazon and B&H have the best deals that Amazon will match.

naturalguy#AC

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
The defender for the S7 edge is the first one where I won't be ripping out the screen protector because it fits so well. There is no gap, it doesn't collect dust like previous models, it's a little harder to press the keys on the curved part but you get used to it. I would think the Note version would be similar, Otterbox did a great job with this;

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They don't show it on the Otterbox website, but Amazon now has the Defender listed. Granted it is not in stock yet and won't be for some time, but the screen protector looks like a hard piece of clear plastic instead of the tradition kind of screen protector. I wonder if this will have a tight fit now, and how screen sensitivity will be with it if it doesn't have any play in it.

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5305708

Wonder how good the screen protection is?
Anyone ordering when available?

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Wonder how good the screen protection is?
Anyone ordering when available?

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

I'm not because I'll just buy it at Best Buy or at one of the cell phone stores. Usually Amazon isn't any cheaper than Best Buy when the phones first come out so it won't matter where I buy it at since I won't be able to price match amazon yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would order one now if Otterbox was shipping them. Maybe it's still in the works and not ready for prime time.

I think they got them produced by now and probably getting ready to ship them. I can either go to Best Buy, Tmobile, Verizon stores, Sprint or ATT to buy them. My Best Buy sucks in this area. I'd have to drive about 30 miles to the other ones in the county south of me. Hopefully Tmobile or Verizon has it then. Usually Sams has Defenders cheap, same price as Amazon or slightly cheaper but it always takes them a few months to get the latest cases for the phones in. They probably won't have Note 7 Otterboxes until November or so.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I plan on buying one as soon as they're released. It just sucks that I have to buy something different to hold me over until then. I don't understand how one of the biggest case manufacturers can't come up with a case before all of these smaller companies can.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I plan on buying one as soon as they're released. It just sucks that I have to buy something different to hold me over until then. I don't understand how one of the biggest case manufacturers can't come up with a case before all of these smaller companies can.

I ordered a Supcase unicorn Beetle off Amazon. It looks identical to the S7 one with no screen protector. It offers ok protection that will hold me until I get the Defender. It doesn't look that bad though and seems built a bit better than the S7 and Note 5 Supcases. However the Defender much better for drop protection and protects the screen. If I like the naked feel of the screen I might just stick with the Supcase. The Defender the way it is designed for the Note 7 the screen protector isn't removable. it looks like hard clear plastic.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I wish I could go with out a screen protector, but unfortunately I'm a mechanic and I work in an area with a lot of dirt roads. So, my phone gets a lot of dirt on it throughout the day and I don't want to get a scratch on my screen.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm just worried the plastic screen protector will scratch easily. I want to check this one out in person. Or at the very least watch a review of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance