Car Mounts

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a pro clip with pro clip mounting solution for my iP6+. I can easily swap out the mount base for a Note 7 but probably won't. Although Pro Clip makes awesome stuff, I almost never use it. Haven't in almost 6 months.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ProClip Vent Mount with adjustable holder in my 2016 Ford Explorer. Love it (and will be able to adjust it 3mm narrower for Note 7 vs. current Note 5 for continuing snug fit for twisting it to landscape mode.)
Also bought an Acker cig lighter adapter with {1} USBc port and (2) Qi USB ports for my iPhone and a friend.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How does this work? I got the one from tylt a while back and it didn't work good at all, they even sent me a replacement and same issue, would not keep charging.

It works great. It's wired from the car outlet to the mount. But then I can charge the Note 5 wirelessly via Qi by just placing it in the mount. This is very convenient as I don't have to plug and unplug any wires each time I mount and unmount the phone. There is a button in the back to widen the sides for release, and it works well and consistently. I use it on the windshield, but it can be attached to a vent if preferred using the other attachment.

I like this model very much.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I use this Wireless Qi charger mount for my Note 5. I'll continue to use it for the Note 7.

View attachment 234302

How do you have this mounted (the suction cup or the air vent) and how well has the mount held? Also do you use a case on your note 5 and does it charge well through the case. I have one of the Spigen Neo Hybrid cases on order (Spigen says it works with wireless charging)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
How do you have this mounted (the suction cup or the air vent) and how well has the mount held? Also do you use a case on your note 5 and does it charge well through the case. I have one of the Spigen Neo Hybrid cases on order (Spigen says it works with wireless charging)

I have it mounted to the windshield. It holds fine there. I do use a case on my Note 5 now and it charges fine through the case. I am quite happy with this charger overall.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you mount it to your dashboard too?

Yes. It's a suction cup, so if you have a flat, even dash, I would expect you'd have no problem mounting it there.

(My dash curved in most spots so mounting it there is not an option. I have it mounted on the windshield to the left of the steering wheel , so it is out of the way, yet accessible. I have grown to really like it there. Keep in mind you have to run the power cord to the charger, so keeping a clean untangled run was important to me.)

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
After using the "Official" Samsung car mounts for years or rather the lack of it due to the stupid rubber seal falling off during the summer I decided to get the Clever Grip. I don't get paid for this Ad, but its the best $15 I have ever spent, and it's great while "Driving".

Clever Grip - As Seen on TV

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
ProClip Vent Mount with adjustable holder for my Acura. They are a little spendy but totally worth it in my opinion, best mount I've used and it fits my Note 5 with a slim Tech21 case on it. If you change vehicles you can simply just order the new vent mount and swap that part out, don't have to order an entire new unit.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the iottie wireless with my Note 5. Great mounts but a little unstable.

iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Charging Smartphone Mount

I recently switched the mount part to the One Touch 3 and it's much more stable (you can take off the qi cradle and swap mounts).

iOttie Easy One Touch 3 Smartphone Car Mount - iPhone & Android
I have this too. I was afraid I wouldn't had been able to remove the mount when I transferred my stuff into my new 2016 Rogue. Today.

BuckyBeaver

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out the ram mount x grip windshield mount. It's built like a tank and doesn't wiggle even on bumpy roads. Worked great with my note 4 and other phones. I have the powder coated aluminum one with a longer extension arm.