What cases are you guys getting (if you are)?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Try this link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5315328

The one linked above works with cases on the phone there is also a smaller/tighter model if you are choosing to go caseless. I recieved my case, and can upload pictures of it later if anyone wants to see it in non-amazon pictures. I tested out its size by putting in one of the cases for the Note 7 I've recieved, and its got a nice fit.

Oooh I like that.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Nillkin cases are the best
Have you used a case that looks like that before (with the camera and flash in separate windows due to the case)? I remember back when I got my HTC One M8 people were writing/talking about how the case putting a divider between the two caused some kind of lens glare issue in the pictures taken with the flash. The way people avoided it was to make sure they were buying cases that had the two in a combined window instead of separate ones.

I got my "Naked Shield" case and screen protector in the mail today, and it had the separated rear camera window.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7X4R8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It looks thinner than the Orzly case I'd already received, and looks just as transparent as the Orzly. The screen protector is a film type (as opposed to glass, no surprise given the price the two cost). The screen protector has slight rounding on the sides. I may post pictures of them later.

Oooh I like that.
Here are some pictures of the pouch with belt clip with the Orzly case in it.
IMAG0662.jpg
IMAG0663.jpg
IMAG0664.jpg
IMAG0665.jpg
IMAG0666.jpg

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the supcase unicorn beetle pro and spigen neo hybrid crystal and plan on getting the defender once it's available. Also received my iq shield screen cover today. Now I just need a phone.

Same here. Got my supcase on Sat. Not a bad case for the money but doesn't provide the drop protection of the Defender or similar case, but it will do until the Defender hits the market. The defender isn't for sale anywhere yet so it might not be out at release. No way I would go naked on these phones. I'd just let it sit at home until I got a case.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
You ever get the UAG case in? Does it have two holes in the top?

I received my UAG (Ice) case for the Note 7 a few days ago. I do not have the Note 7 to put in the case yet. Yes, there are two holes on the top right side of the case (if looking at the case if the Note 7 screen was facing forward). After looking at some photos of the Note 7 online I am not sure why those holes are there. I didn't even notice them until you asked if there were holes on the top of the case.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Is the phone easy to take out of the pouch one-handed, or do you have to push the device out from the bottom and then grab the top with the other hand?

Would this fit a Verus case or , say a not-so-thin case?

I don't have my Note 7 yet, so I'm not able to tell you how easy that would be to take out of the pouch. Taking the FlexiCase out of the pouch one handed is pretty easy, but I don't know how the weight, size, and shape of the Note 7 would change easiness of removal. I have an HTC One M8 right now with a Unicorn Beetle case on it. It fits in the pouch as well. I can get the M8 with Beetle out one handed if the side of the phone/case with the screen is facing outward, but if its facing toward my body the case curves toward my body and is harder to grip. I found I can also press up through the bottom hole (with the top flap up/open) to push the phone upward and grab and pull it out with that one hand, so it can still be done one handed. I'm not familiar with the Verus case you mentioned, but according to Amazon's specs on the Unicorn Beetle for the HTC the dimensions are: 6.5 x 3.5 x 0.8 inches. Once I've got the Note 7 (eta: 17-19th) I can test again if you haven't already made your decision, and you still want input.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my Note 7 yet, so I'm not able to tell you how easy that would be to take out of the pouch. Taking the FlexiCase out of the pouch one handed is pretty easy, but I don't know how the weight, size, and shape of the Note 7 would change easiness of removal. I have an HTC One M8 right now with a Unicorn Beetle case on it. It fits in the pouch as well. I can get the M8 with Beetle out one handed if the side of the phone/case with the screen is facing outward, but if its facing toward my body the case curves toward my body and is harder to grip. I found I can also press up through the bottom hole (with the top flap up/open) to push the phone upward and grab and pull it out with that one hand, so it can still be done one handed. I'm not familiar with the Verus case you mentioned, but according to Amazon's specs on the Unicorn Beetle for the HTC the dimensions are: 6.5 x 3.5 x 0.8 inches. Once I've got the Note 7 (eta: 17-19th) I can test again if you haven't already made your decision, and you still want input.
Of course, no one has their phone yet. I was wanting to know if Any device is easy to take out of the pouch. Sorry.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and bought it...because I got a replacement s pen the other day, but yesterday I was running and the Note 5 plus pen flew out of my phone holster case causing the s pen to lose its pen tip. So, I have to replace the 2nd pen again.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and bought it...because I got a replacement s pen the other day, but yesterday I was running and the Note 5 plus pen flew out of my phone holster case causing the s pen to lose its pen tip. So, I have to replace the 2nd pen again.

How did that happen?!? Did your current holster have a hole in the s pen area, your s pen bump into the case, and eject out the hole?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
How did that happen?!? Did your current holster have a hole in the s pen area, your s pen bump into the case, and eject out the hole?
I have one of those large Nitze cases and my Note 5 is just a tad too tall for the case to completely close using the velcro flap. So, the phone flew out of it and the pen as well.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I will be getting some kind of wallet case - looking out for those where the inner section actually covers the top and bottom edges of the phone ie Tech 21 Evo Wallet/Ottobox Strada.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this one waiting for my black Note 7

Galaxy Note 7 Case, Caseology® [Parallax Series] Textured Pattern Grip Case [Black / Black] [Shock Proof] for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (2016) - Black / Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2E9PL...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5321375

and this one is on the way

UAG Samsung Galaxy Note7 Feather-Light Composite [BLACK] Military Drop Tested Phone Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IA8ZVK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5321375

I have 2 similar Caseology cases for my Note 5 and really like them but I did drop the Note 5 from about 4 feet and had to replace it as the screen was damaged and ended up turning completely black over night.

The UAG cases I've seen before are surprisingly not as bulky as you might think, I just hope it will provide a little better protection.

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Spigen Rugged Armor, which is shipped and on the way from their eBay store for $8.99

Hesitant on the UAG I always buy because on a smaller phone like my S7E it doesn't seem like much bulk, but on a 5.7 inch it might be.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What about Spigen clear cases?
Looking at a spigen ultra hybrid air cushion crystal clear + tpu bumper case.

Last edited:

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante