I was in my local T-Mobile store today asking about the so called free tablet .Apparently you need to sign up for a $10 a month data plan, so that "free" tablet is not free after all. He want on to tell me if I cancel the data plan with it I'm still responsible for the total price of the tablet. I wish just for once T-Mobile will have a deal like that where there is no catch or monthly services. I would love to have an extra tablet but I'm paying out the wazoo on my monthly plan as it is.
    08-11-2016 04:49 PM
    Yup, and it's all right there in the terms of the offer on their page. The tablet IS free. The data plan isn't. Their conditions for them to give you a tablet (which is, in reality, an EIP device that they just credit back the monthly payments) is that you keep the data plan with them for the 24 months of the EIP. Should you cancel the plan, the remaining payments become due.

Nothing 'not standard' about the offer, really.
    08-11-2016 05:12 PM
    I took advantage of the deal. I was already looking to get a simple LTE tablet to watch movies and TV on while at a part-time job. This will do just fine.
    08-11-2016 06:28 PM