So... the available tempered glass

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see that they are now making tempered glass with curves and they seem to be of decent quality. I got my tempered glass that I ordered and there is one thing that I don't understand. It seems that all of the tempered glass available right now have pre colored edges. I ordered a blue coral note 7 so I tried to order a clear tempered glass but that's not available. So what I've seen all over Amazon and eBay are blue, black, white and gold edged tempered glass. So I got the blue in hopes that it would match the coral color. I received it today and t's definitely not blue coral! I'll put it on just until I can find some clear options! I ordered the blue coral note 7 because I think the color looks good, not to cover it up with the atomic Blue color from last year's note 5!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11199.jpg
    11199.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 170

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, let us know how it fits. Most reviews for tempered glass protectors for curved displays, so far, are very crappy. The Note's curves will be a lot tighter than in the past, but still. And yeah, I agree, that's not the same blue (especially when Samsung's changes hues with every angle).

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've seen totally clear tempered glass N7 screen protectors today amazon..... I didn't want to order one, until the reviews come out due to what one of the previous posters stated about most are crappie.... I think I added it to my list in amazon so I can find it again

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. I will have to check it out. I couldn't find any last week when I order the one I have. If they aren't any good I will have to just go without tempered glass like I did when I had the s6 edge.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaving on the protective screen that comes with the phone, until I find a clear tempered glass with acceptable reviews...
My N3 had the factory protective plastic on for almost a year and a half before I took it off

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad to see that they are now making tempered glass with curves and they seem to be of decent quality. I got my tempered glass that I ordered and there is one thing that I don't understand. It seems that all of the tempered glass available right now have pre colored edges. So what I've seen all over Amazon and eBay are blue, black, white and gold edged tempered glass.
I've seen a couple of clear tempered glass screen protectors with rounded edges for the Note 7 on Amazon. Here are a few of them:

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5320497
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-La...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5320497
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-BO...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5320497

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see that they are now making tempered glass with curves and they seem to be of decent quality. I got my tempered glass that I ordered and there is one thing that I don't understand. It seems that all of the tempered glass available right now have pre colored edges. I ordered a blue coral note 7 so I tried to order a clear tempered glass but that's not available. So what I've seen all over Amazon and eBay are blue, black, white and gold edged tempered glass. So I got the blue in hopes that it would match the coral color. I received it today and t's definitely not blue coral! I'll put it on just until I can find some clear options! I ordered the blue coral note 7 because I think the color looks good, not to cover it up with the atomic Blue color from last year's note 5!

Try gpel. I have it on my S7 Edge and love it. They are coming out with a totally clear version for the note 7 which I have already preordered.

//www.gpelstore.com/products/galaxy-note-7-full-coverage-tempered-glass-screen-protector-clear

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try gpel. I have it on my S7 Edge and love it. They are coming out with a totally clear version for the note 7 which I have already preordered.

//www.gpelstore.com/products/galaxy-note-7-full-coverage-tempered-glass-screen-protector-clear

(S7 Edge Titanium)
And you have complete coverage, and no bubbles or lifting on the edges?

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
And you have complete coverage, and no bubbles or lifting on the edges?

I've had it on my s7 edge for 3 weeks. No bubbles, no lifting, no dust. It doesn't fit in regular cases. I'm using the Samsung clear back case. No issues at all. Gpel will replace or refund if it doesn't work for you.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna try out this off blue tempered glass to see how it holds for a few days then order one of the clear ones mentioned above. I don't want to order a coral blue because the glass wouldnt have that reflective color changing effect that the actual phone paint has.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you all think that most of the available tempered glass is colored on the edges as a means to hide the potential bubbles caused by a curved screen application?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm imagining curved tempered glass.. Hard to position exactly and get the exact same curve lined up to prevent it being misapplied.. I think this is why they've all been a hot mess and people have been unhappy. I am going to order one, but I have a Skinomi and an IQ shield to try just in case I hate the temp glass.