Do cases affect edge capabilities?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Will a case reduce my edge function?

I'm pretty careful with my phones, but accidents do happen. The Note 7 is so sleek though, I want to keep it that way. On my Note 4 I have an otterbox commander series? I think its called. It has served me well. Its not as bulky as the Defender. Still this type of case seems too bulky for the Note 7. Just looking for some thoughts, since I know no one actually has the phone yet. If the phone was invincible I'd go no case without question, but that's scary with this new expensive device.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Like you, I'm very clumsy and I needed a case/cover from the beginning and was forced not to use or use the phone sparingly until I found the case/cover. I opted for the Oeago case and cover.. It doesn't hurt to search for sites which test cases/cover for all devices routinely. Sure the site isn't Consumer Reports, But give it a look see.

5 Smartphone Cases to Survive (Almost) Any Drop - Hongkiat

As a side note to this, I was surprised when doing a search for case/cover stress or drop test, I didn't see anything posted from Android Nation.. Perhaps this is something they need to look into in the future.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Will a case reduce my edge function?

It would depend want case you get. I have the cases linked in the post below (waiting on the Funsion bumper and wallet cases to arrive still):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...amsung-galaxy-note-7-cases-9.html#post5308201

All of the cases I've received so far have the sides of the cases stop shortly after the power and volume buttons on the sides. (They cover the top and bottom edges, and the corners, but do not cover the sides, so the edge features are not hindered.) If you buy a heavy duty case that encompasses the entire phone chances are it will cover the edges and hinder the edge functions, but based on all the cases I have so far it appears most of the Note 7 cases will leave the side edges exposed. If you wanted to protect those edges you'd probably need to pick up one of the rounded glass Note 7 screen protectors.

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
No, a case does not affect the use or the edge functions. I guess people are forgetting about the S6 edge+ last year. It is basically the same phone design on the front as the note7 only with a flat back. I've used a Ringke fusion case on my edge+ and have no issues using the edge of the phone. I've already ordered the same case for my note7 as I like the protection and functionality of it that much.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I've used the Spigen Rugged Armor and an Urban Armor Gear on my S7E. No edge screen issues.

Used an Otterbox Defender and had touch screen issues to include the edge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the ripke clear case w/ the blue bumper surround and I purchased a blue Caseology case. I ordered the Blue phone, feels weird to cover it up so I'll see how these 2 compare.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The curves on the Note 7 are much more subtle than all previous devices. There is less of a curve to touch this time, so nobody will know for sure until they start putting cases on and trying it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles